2013-2014 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was small pooled this morning and then invited to interview this afternoon! OOS, but I go to school in Chicago.

Good luck to everyone else :luck:

EDIT: complete on 8/04

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone interviewing on September 16 and going to O'Hare Airport right after the interview? If you are, maybe we can share a Taxi. If you have a rental car, I can chip in on the cost.

I was small pooled this morning and then invited to interview this afternoon! OOS, but I go to school in Chicago.

Good luck to everyone else :luck:

EDIT: complete on 8/04

Complete 8/4 or submitted 8/4?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite! It came just a few hours after the small pool email!!!

Posted above but here it is again:
Complete 8/7
OOS, 31, 3.9

Same thing! I got an ii last night a couple hours after my small pool invite. Yay!

Hey, everyone. I am an M3 at RFUMS and I just wanted to shed some light on some stuff for you. While I am not aware of any real link between our school and Lake Forest College (besides the awesome pizza place in Lake Forest) the alliance with Depaul has and will have even more tangible improvements. For one, there will be a brand new building opening on campus this fall with state-of-the-art classrooms, a new cafeteria, a new gym, etc. This is a direct result of the alliance. There will also be more research opportunities (though there are plenty already) as well as access to other Depaul resources.
As for our reputation/name, this is a common question/misconception. My recommendation would be to ask people in the medical field who know about us. We have a very good reputation, especially around chicago and california. We have world-famous researchers teaching us and alumni around the world who are leaders in their fields (and really helpful to current students, btw). So I urge you to see for yourself before you listen to any bad hype from uninformed people.

There are a couple of other students on here, so feel free to let us know if you guys have any questions/concerns we can help with.
Hi! Thanks for answering questions. What's the clinical experience like in your first two years?

How is everyone getting from the airport to the school? If anyone is interviewing on September 30th, could you please PM me?

How is everyone getting from the airport to the school? If anyone is interviewing on September 30th, could you please PM me?

Woah, you got an II? Congrats dude

Is it a lost cause to submit a secondary to RFU this late in the game? I ask this question because I am awaiting my MCAT scores from my August 16th exam and I don't want to burn 105 dollars if my application isn't going to have much of a chance of being viewed. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Ok thanks for the info!

If you're going to O'hare, you should rent a car. I saw some deals going on for $20~30 on Kayak.

The Metra system seems like a good method as well, if you're planning to stay at a hotel near a station.

Is anyone renting a car a night before 25th interview date? I will be arriving in O'Hare at 9:30 pm, so I am thinking of getting taxi, but if anyone is out there thinking of renting a car, PM me! I don't mind chipping in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm flying into O'Hare, and I got an economy size car for $7/day + $15 taxes and fees on priceline the other day. It's cheaper than a taxi ride out there, so it's worth checking out if you're in need of a rental car.

How long after you submitted did you receive the complete email?

Just FYI, when I interviewed, I took a taxi from the airport to my hotel and it was about $60. Ask around on your interview day; another interviewee (who is now my classmate!) gave me a ride into the city even though she was going to a different airport and I grabbed a cab from downtown to O'hare, saving me about $45.

Is this the small pool email?

Dear Applicant,

We are excited you chose to apply to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with The Chicago Medical School. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process...

Does anyone know if there is an email that suggests rejection if you have not been small pooled?

I was complete on 8/2 and have heard absolutely nothing. Actually I have heard nothing from any schools except UA and Wake.

If I submit my secondary here tonight will that put me pretty late in the game? I'm not really sure what dates they've gotten to for interview schedulings or how late they even give out invites so I'm not sure if its worth my money :/ any thought?

If I submit my secondary here tonight will that put me pretty late in the game? I'm not really sure what dates they've gotten to for interview schedulings or how late they even give out invites so I'm not sure if its worth my money :/ any thought?

Considering AMCAS is still verifying late July apps, I don't think your app will be too late. I would say average.

Considering AMCAS is still verifying late July apps, I don't think your app will be too late. I would say average.

Oh thats a great point, I didnt even think of that. Thank you!

What exactly is exciting about the small pool email? Is that a significantly good sign?

What exactly is exciting about the small pool email? Is that a significantly good sign?

Being small pooled is the next step before receiving an interview. From my understanding, if you are small pooled you may or may not receive an II, but if you're not small pooled you're for sure not getting an interview. So yes, getting small pooled is a good sign.

Anybody have any feedback on how their interview went on the 16th?

II today. Complete 8/16, small pooled yesterday. (That was fast!)

Is there a way to check our status online? Or do you guys receive an email about II or if your application is missing some file?

Complete email today- excited about CMS!

II today, complete 08/15, small pool yesterday.

OOS, cGPA 3.88, sGPA 4.0, 31 (10,11,10), non-trad.

Small pooled yesterday and got an interview this morning!

Do we just e-mail them back for the date preference? There is no link..

Small pooled yesterday and got an interview this morning!

Do we just e-mail them back for the date preference? There is no link..

Yes, you just reply to the email. They got back to me within two hours.

Those of you interviewing tomorrow: I'll be your tour guide.

Feel free to pm with any questions you don't feel comfortable posting here; I won't have any information about your admissions decision and don't have any sway with the admissions committee, so fire away.

I got small pooled almost three weeks ago... It seems most people who are getting interviews have a reasonably quick turn around. I'm so interested in this school so I'm trying to stay hopeful!

II invite today! Small pool yesterday and complete 8/15. Congrats to you who also got IIs and good luck to those still waiting!

Those of you interviewing tomorrow: I'll be your tour guide.

Feel free to pm with any questions you don't feel comfortable posting here; I won't have any information about your admissions decision and don't have any sway with the admissions committee, so fire away.

Interviewing Monday but a few questions

Could you give insight on how a typical interview day goes?

And I've heard the school changed to MMI last year. Is this true or is it still a traditional format?

Thanks!

Interviewing Monday but a few questions

Could you give insight on how a typical interview day goes?

And I've heard the school changed to MMI last year. Is this true or is it still a traditional format?

Thanks!

Last year the interview was a traditional one: Two 30-45 minute one-on-one interviews. Could be with faculty, or could be with an MS4.

Complete 8/15 but nothing yet.. ugh F

I got an II yesterday after being small-pooled the day before, so it was a nice surprise! Excited for this one! :)

I think the 8/2 folks had been passed over altogether. My rough guess is that the school has certain rules other than the chronological order in assigning applicants to batches. If this is correct, later-date folks should not be worried... you are not forgotten and will be reviewed at some point.

you must be good luck novrain, i just got small pooled
complete 8/5