2013-2014 The Commonwealth Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^ Yeah, I got my II late on a Sun, lol.

Well I interviewed not too long ago so I doubt I will be hearing anything soon...I wish this process was not so drawn out, it's very time consuming.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any decisions been made yet?

I've heard two dates 10/15 and 10/20 but don't know anything beyond just hearsay. I interviewed in September also and haven't heard anything new thus far...waiting is so painful lol. Hopefully since 10/15 didn't pan out, 10/20 will.

Accepted! So exciting.

Sorry! Late September interview. Status via a phone call.

Did anyone else hear anything? I interviewed in early Sept and haven't heard anything.

I just checked the portal for the first time after my interview and I see this:

"It was a pleasure meeting you during your interview at The Commonwealth Medical College. We hope you enjoyed your time with us. If you have any remaining questions, please do not hesitate to email us.

If you would like to email your interviewers, please email us. We will forward your message to them.

We know how difficult it can be to wait for a decision upon completing your interview. The Admissions Committee gives equal consideration to each candidate who's interviewed. Typically, this process takes 6-8 weeks, therefore students who've interviewed can expect a status update 6-8 weeks after their interview.
"

...so 6-8 weeks, does everyone's status say that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says that too. So maybe we have another few weeks to wait? I was thinking they had specific dates that they released decisions on and then admissions is rolling starting in January, but maybe I misunderstood that.

Mine still says that also.

I have that same status page. If I don't hear anything by the end of the week (and no one else other than pose on this forum) I'm going to call them.

I emailed them a few days ago. They told me (on the 15th) that they would begin notifying students within 7 to ten days (of October 15th), so at least the first interviewees should be hearing soon.

Interviewed 9/20, OOS, 3.79/34

I'm really sorry I made everyone so anxious. They called me, and said I'll receive an email later on. I havent gotten one yet, so I wouldn't worry much about the lack of communication at this point.

No its great! Congratulations!!! Its exciting to know that decisions have started going out :)

interviewing tomorrow- who's with me?!

I'm really sorry I made everyone so anxious. They called me, and said I'll receive an email later on. I havent gotten one yet, so I wouldn't worry much about the lack of communication at this point.

It's cool. Glad that you got in. I'm just anxious to know my status too. Let us know what the email says when you get it if that's okay :)

Wait listed. Email said that my application is differed until the next committee meeting. Good luck guys.

Also deferred. Guess it's not much longer to wait now until the next committee meeting. Good luck everyone!

When did you interview if you dont mind me asking?

GPA and mcat were at or above the schools means.

9/9 my faculty interview didn't go to smoothly, so I'm not too surprised by the email. Still not fun though :(

Did you guys have a status change? Mine still says interviewed scheduled.. Interviewed in sept also

Did you guys have a status change? Mine still says interviewed scheduled.. Interviewed in sept also

The only change I have is an update in communication status.

Deferred as well...looks like im on my way to the waitlist again. Oh well. My stats were higher than the avg for the school but im OOS so guess that must've played in though I thought my improvements since last year and my early interview wouldve helped. Guess not. :/

Just found out I'm deferred until the next committee meeting. Interviewed Oct 4th. Faculty interview seemed to go very well, but you never know with these things.

33/3.49s/3.62c/OOS

Anyone get an acceptance?? If so, by email?

Suspense is at an all time high. I interviewed 10/4 but didn't get an email.

Wow, they're that quick with results? I thought it was 6-8 weeks. :eek:

Wow, they're that quick with results? I thought it was 6-8 weeks. :eek:
I was pretty surprised, myself. I think our group (interviewed Oct 4th) was one of the last to interview in that round, if not THE last. When we asked if we would be included in the batch that found out whether they were accepted or not around Oct 20th, they gave a sort of noncommittal answer... I have a feeling that by the time they got to reviewing our applications during this review process they might have simply run out of room in the first batch of acceptances, and I have some hope that we might have a better chance for acceptance next round, but this is all conjecture.

]Did you guys have a status change? Mine still says interviewed scheduled.. Interviewed in sept also

For those who got decisions? Anyone get accepted yet?

Has anyone gotten an acceptance email yet? And, has anyone from my interview group (9/20) heard back?

I was pretty surprised, myself. I think our group (interviewed Oct 4th) was one of the last to interview in that round, if not THE last. When we asked if we would be included in the batch that found out whether they were accepted or not around Oct 20th, they gave a sort of noncommittal answer... I have a feeling that by the time they got to reviewing our applications during this review process they might have simply run out of room in the first batch of acceptances, and I have some hope that we might have a better chance for acceptance next round, but this is all conjecture.

Hopefully you get in the next round! When is the next round of notifications?

Hopefully you get in the next round! When is the next round of notifications?

Thanks! I really hope so! It seemed like a really nice place. I guess we'll see; this whole thing can be such a crapshoot.

I have no idea when the next set of notifications will be. Maybe I'll call early tomorrow.

How long did it take you guys to hear back from them for an II?
I just completed my secondary and I'm worried I missed the bus on this one.

Last edited:
How long did it take you guys to hear back from them for an II?
I just completed my secondary and I'm worried I missed the bus on this one.
MCAT: 28
GPAc: 3.62
GPAs: 3.49
URM.
IS.

It took around 2 weeks for me. I think IS helps a bunch.
:luck:

Congrats! Did you get an email or a snail mail acceptance letter yet? :confused:

Just trying to figure out the different ways TCMC is notifying interviewees of acceptances! :oops:

Nevermind....

Last edited: