2013-2014 University of Virginia School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any II lately? Date of completion?

Members don't see this ad.

yes I got an II today! I was complete 8/28.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure!
OOS, ~3.9+ c/s, 35. Also, engineering background and this is my second year off since graduating.

Do you think it's too late to submit a secondary if you're out of state? Ive been debating submitting one but i havent

nope! definitely know someone in my class who submitted on the last day possible (although i really wouldn't recommend waiting that long :p)

II today. OOS >34 >3.85. Complete 7/31.

Congrats with the II!

No II for people who submitted middle of September?

I'm still anxiously awaiting :D

Talked with a family friend who went to UVA SOM and he absolutely loved his time there. He applied OOS and said that there were quite a few in his class that were OOS so he convinced me to toss my app into the mix! Glad I really helped my chances by applying in October as an OOS applicant lol

To address YankeeBean:

URMs contact SNMA or LSMA for a host in order to get feedback on the place from a person from a similar background. Same with LGBT communities. A medical school experience can vary greatly depending on your background especially going into a southern state that tends to be
more conservative so it is good to have that feedback. ALSO, most medical schools will have their diversity hosting contact YOU directly and they actively work with the regular hosting and admissions at most schools. So it's not
like it even have to overextend myself.

II today! So happy!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if UVA rejects applicants before interview season is over. I ask because I was complete in Aug and haven't heard anything yet. I didn't know if they would be receptive to a "in the area" email when I get closer to my VCU interview in Richmond on Nov 20. Any info is appreciated!

Does anybody know if UVA rejects applicants before interview season is over. I ask because I was complete in Aug and haven't heard anything yet. I didn't know if they would be receptive to a "in the area" email when I get closer to my VCU interview in Richmond on Nov 20. Any info is appreciated!

In the area invites don't hurt. Can't tell you how much they help, but they don't hurt.

UVA keeps looking at the entire pile of applications all year, so I don't think they send out any early rejections.

Complete 7/3 then silence for 3+ months

I think my alma mater is telling me it's time to spread my wings :laugh: there is a world outside of Charlottesville, VA

Complete 7/3 then silence for 3+ months

I think my alma mater is telling me it's time to spread my wings :laugh: there is a world outside of Charlottesville, VA

I've been complete since 7/03 too, and yeah, I guess we're at 90 days now right? Total radio silence.

Fun Fact: Rob Lowe is from Charlottesville.

I've been complete since 7/03 too, and yeah, I guess we're at 90 days now right? Total radio silence.

Fun Fact: Rob Lowe is from Charlottesville.

Another fun fact, Dave Matthews Band originated in Charlottesville and play here all the time. Dave even has a winery about 20 miles south of here.

Another fun fact, Dave Matthews Band originated in Charlottesville and play here all the time. Dave even has a winery about 20 miles south of here.

What?! OMG, UVA invite me, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know when on October 15th we should expect an email regarding acceptance/rejection/wait list? Would it be 12am or later in the day?

Does anyone know when on October 15th we should expect an email regarding acceptance/rejection/wait list? Would it be 12am or later in the day?

12:01am, October 15th, 2013. Queue the browser ahead of time, you know that server is gonna have crazy traffic.

from what i've heard (current m2), yes, if you've interviewed before oct 15, you shouldn't expect to hear a decision until then.

also for the people worried about having not heard anything... i don't think i heard anything from uva for ~3 months too. they won't send out rejections until the interview season is about done (march ish) so don't assume silence means rejection. and yes, they do interview mon-thurs UNTIL MARCH so who cares if you haven't gotten an II yet!? you still have a ton of time and opportunities to come to our lovely institution. :)

Secondary submitted and complete today!

IS. Participated in SMDEP here and LOVED it. Hoping for an interview!

Good luck everyone!

First Interview invitation of the season yesterday!!! Complete on 10/4. OOS. 3.82 And I really just don't even know my science GPA. it's like 3.9 something. I've only ever gotten one B in intro Bio. MCAT score 36.

Anyone know when we should hear tomorrow? (if tomorrow)

Hello everyone!

I am a current M1 at UVA. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions about any/all things VMED.

Best of luck on your applications/interviews! :)

Interview attended: 9/18/2013
Acceptance: 10/16/2013

Did your guys' emails come at the same time?

And someone else posted in this thread that there is lots of movement on the waitlist, but on the website it says about 10 people come off an 80 person waitlist...not too good odds. Is that old data?

Did your guys' emails come at the same time?

And someone else posted in this thread that there is lots of movement on the waitlist, but on the website it says about 10 people come off an 80 person waitlist...not too good odds. Is that old data?

Last year, not a whole lot of people came off (we ended up with a huge first year class). I believe the year before, there was much greater waitlist movement, but I don't have the actual numbers to support that. My year, there wasn't any waitlist movement. I anticipate that this year, there will be much greater movement.

ugh waitlist. feeling like deja vu. really don't want to be a third time reapplicant.

Received II this morning. OOS. States in MDApps.

Very excited about this one. I love UVA.

Current M1 here. Lovin' it. It's med school, so obviously it's a lot of work and stuff, but I couldn't have made a better choice by deciding to go through the med school ordeal at UVA. PM for any questions.

PS...today is exactly one year after I found out I got accepted here as well! I know just the feeling you guys have :) Savor the moment!

Is there even still hope for someone who submitted secondary in early July? When will they start sending out pre-interview rejections?

II just now!

IS, Secondary submitted and complete 10/13/13

Will be there mid-Nov!

Last edited:
Late to post, but I got accepted on the 16th as well!! OOS. Absolutely love UVA... top choice :D