2014-2015 Michigan State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just meant that I'm fearing a rejection since so many who have gone under review more than a month after me are getting II's, but I haven't heard anything, yet.
Ahhh I see what your saying. I'm in the same boat :( good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Ahhh I see what your saying. I'm in the same boat :( good luck to you!

Hang in there, it's a long process that requires lots of waiting but in the end all you can do is wait! And for whatever it's worth as long as they haven't rejected you, you still in the run.

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone interviewing on 10/24 needs a ride let me know. I'll be staying at a house close by that Thursday night, but if you're staying at a hotel in the downtown area I can pick you up Friday morning. I'm also willing to give rides to the airport if anyone is leaving right afterwards.
I'm getting excited for this! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just offered an interview! :)
November 21, 2014. Is anyone attending this date?!?!
It's supposed to be for those interested in RUM or are from a rural area. Either way, I'm pumped for the fact that I even got an interview! This is my top choice school!

Reactions: 4 users
If anyone interviewing on 10/24 needs a ride let me know. I'll be staying at a house close by that Thursday night, but if you're staying at a hotel in the downtown area I can pick you up Friday morning. I'm also willing to give rides to the airport if anyone is leaving right afterwards.
I don't need a ride, but I'll be there as well! Can't wait

Reactions: 1 users

Hello, I think I might take you on the offer. I was planning to take public transporation from an America's best inn like 4 miles away. And thank you for such a nice offer.

Hello, I think I might take you on the offer. I was planning to take public transporation from an America's best inn like 4 miles away. And thank you for such a nice offer.

That should be easy enough, I definitely don't mind. :) Send me a message sometime between now and then and we'll figure out what time I should get you. I'm so excited! Only a couple more weeks!

Reactions: 1 user
do you think theyre receptive to in the area emails? I know they dont accept updates after submitting the secondary....

do you think theyre receptive to in the area emails? I know they dont accept updates after submitting the secondary....
I think they would view that as an "update" though.. When I talked with the admissions dean a few weeks ago he said that when you submit the secondary the admissions committee assumes you've put your best out there for them to assess.

I think they would view that as an "update" though.. When I talked with the admissions dean a few weeks ago he said that when you submit the secondary the admissions committee assumes you've put your best out there for them to assess.

Has anyone interviewed here yet? I'm interviewing here on Friday and am curious as to how it went :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The MMIs felt pretty challenging compared to others that I have had, but that may be because this was my first MMI experience. No need to research specific topics or anything beforehand, just be prepared to take a stance on certain topics and defend your stance. The day also feels a bit long, but it didn't feel like time was wasted at all. Just be yourself, be ready for the whirlwind that is the MMI, and -- most importantly -- don't forget to have a little fun!

Has anyone received a hold? Does this school place people on hold and then wait until May to reject them?

Just got rejected today. 3.85 GPA, 33 MCAT, Good extracurriculars. Parents just became in-state MI residents (I live OOS)

I'm sorry to hear guys, good luck with your other applications. When were you complete?

Received a hold for interview decision today. Not sure what to think.

alternate listed, post-interview

Received a hold for interview decision today. Not sure what to think.

Me too!! People are getting rejected pre-interview apparently, so hopefully a hold isn't a death sentence!! Positive thoughts!! :rolleyes:

For those getting "hold for interview" status, when were you complete?

For those getting "hold for interview" status, when were you complete?

I added this school pretty late:oops:
Application was verified 7/10
Added this school 9/2
Received, submitted, and marked complete 9/3

Also put on hold. I was complete 7/15. At least I'm not rejected! :D

Reactions: 3 users
In light of bad news on this thread, I received an acceptance call today!!

Good luck to everyone else, and remember patience is a virtue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
complete early august... nothing but silence

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Accepted today! I'm ecstatic! I know stats will be wanted so here they are.

3.56 GPA - 30 MCAT (10-10-10) - Diversity in my E.C. with strong volunteering and research. Graduated from Michigan State.

Primary Application Processed: June 11
Secondary In: July 15
Interview: Sept 26

However, I think its important to post all of the MCAT's that I took. Yeah the first two suck, but I didn't give up. I recognized an error in my study technique and I fixed it between 2 and 3.
MCAT#3 - 30 (10-10-10)
MCAT#2 - 26 (7-10-9)
MCAT#1 - 24 (6-8-10)

Good luck to all of you. Never give up and never settle.

Reactions: 7 users
Rejected today, complete sometime in July. :shrug:

Congrats Big Burd and Haas! I got an acceptance today, too!

I wasn't expecting today to be a decision day so it took me a second to process what he was saying!

Stats: MCAT 30, uGPA 3.6, grad school GPA 3.9, 2 publications, extensive research with underserved pops. Non Trad, IS

"Hold for an Interview Decision" 10/15. Complete 7/15. 3.63c/3.57s/32 (semi-nontrad). IS applicant. It's something! Haha. Congrats to all the accepted peeps!

The MMIs felt pretty challenging compared to others that I have had, but that may be because this was my first MMI experience. No need to research specific topics or anything beforehand, just be prepared to take a stance on certain topics and defend your stance. The day also feels a bit long, but it didn't feel like time was wasted at all. Just be yourself, be ready for the whirlwind that is the MMI, and -- most importantly -- don't forget to have a little fun!
Is the one on one interview like other typical interviews?

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Accepted today! I'm ecstatic! I know stats will be wanted so here they are.

3.56 GPA - 30 MCAT (10-10-10) - Diversity in my E.C. with strong volunteering and research. Graduated from Michigan State.

Primary Application Processed: June 11
Secondary In: July 15
Interview: Sept 26

However, I think its important to post all of the MCAT's that I took. Yeah the first two suck, but I didn't give up. I recognized an error in my study technique and I fixed it between 2 and 3.
MCAT#3 - 30 (10-10-10)
MCAT#2 - 26 (7-10-9)
MCAT#1 - 24 (6-8-10)

Good luck to all of you. Never give up and never settle.

Can I ask what you did to change your study technique? I took 2 MCATs and received the same scores.

Thanks!

@stigus and @Mack11 How did you find out alternate list? When did you interview? I interviewed 9/26 and was expecting to hear back today. I haven't received an email or gotten a phone call. I know they don't have to send out decisions today, but I assumed I would see one.

@stigus and @Mack11 How did you find out alternate list? When did you interview? I interviewed 9/26 and was expecting to hear back today. I haven't received an email or gotten a phone call. I know they don't have to send out decisions today, but I assumed I would see one.
check your spam dude

Aww, we're trudging through another set of M1 exams (they're endless!) And it's a little restorative to read about your acceptances and remember how excited I was. Good luck, everyone!