**2016-2017 URM Medical School Application Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah during this season this late in cycle 11 emails to application only email would stress me too. Sorry that's happening :/ idk how their system can be so flawed it's like do y'all not test or use this system year after year. Why is there always an issue. Blah your cycle going well despite them so got that going :) hope the emails stop

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Miracles still happen. Was rejected by Mayo (MN) in July, and thought it was over. Got an email this morning saying the rejection was reversed and I'm invited to interview!

The favor you have on you is amazing! Jehovah Jireh sweetheart!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Hey cool kids, here's to hoping for a new week filled with IIs, but most importantly a cease fire from Howard's ONDARY SYSTEM IS WORKING AS OF 9/30 emails lmao :love::luck:

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My first II of the season at FIU! I'm seriously so shocked/excited because it's been less than three weeks wow/this is the first I've heard from anyone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 9 users
My first II of the season at FIU! I'm seriously so shocked/excited because it's been less than three weeks wow/this is the first I've heard from anyone

So happy!

tumblr_inline_o6mum2glsv1t507a3_500.gif

Reactions: 2 users

Congrats!!! The first one always feels surreal and it happens when you least expect. Cheers to many more!

II @ SUNY Downstate!

Reactions: 8 users
The weirdest feeling is wanting more IIs but not being able to afford IIs...

Like yeeaaa... *opens Wells Fargo app*... noooooooo!

I just got that diversity email from WashU based off of the MedMAR. My face was like WashU, who you think you fooling...

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Umm well I don't think the skepticism applies to you... you have what, a 98th percentile MCAT? And you got a II. So that's not trolling on their part, that's on target with their stats.

Umm well I don't think the skepticism applies to you... you have what, a 98th percentile MCAT? And you got a II. So that's not trolling on their part, that's on target with their stats.

Two trains of thought. I was skeptical because they waited till really late to send it out, so I was not really convinced of its sincerity.

Two trains of thought. I was skeptical because they waited till really late to send it out, so I was not really convinced of its sincerity.

Gotcha. I do think most schools wait until later to send it. Perhaps in case people were applying anyway so it's more like a "don't forget about us!" email.

What I haven't seen but have heard of, is in the email they offer to waive the app fee. But I have FAP so not any kind of deal breaker on my part. Just interesting.

Gotcha. I do think most schools wait until later to send it. Perhaps in case people were applying anyway so it's more like a "don't forget about us!" email.

What I haven't seen but have heard of, is in the email they offer to waive the app fee. But I have FAP so not any kind of deal breaker on my part. Just interesting.

Northwestern waived the fee. I also received the WashU e-mail. It seemed more personal and less generic than the other e-mails that I have gotten.

Reactions: 1 users
Northwestern waived the fee. I also received the WashU e-mail. It seemed more personal and less generic than the other e-mails that I have gotten.

That's true! I do give them that. Most are like, we value diversity here, so apply! I did like the first person perspective as an alumna.

Did you end up applying?

That's true! I do give them that. Most are like, we value diversity here, so apply! I did like the first person perspective as an alumna.

Did you end up applying?

Yea I did. Their location, research opportunities and mission match my goals and so I felt like it wouldn't hurt. Plus I had some money to spare. I'm optimistic, however I do realize that I do not have a 97th percentile MCAT and so I am not getting my hopes up.

Yea I did. Their location, research opportunities and mission match my goals and so I felt like it wouldn't hurt. Plus I had some money to spare. I'm optimistic, however I do realize that I do not have a 97th percentile MCAT and so I am not getting my hopes up.

Perfectly good reasons!

I was considering a WAMC thread after no news for a month and my first interview came in today!! (Rochester - Complete 9/5)
Looking forward to visiting NY state for the first time. Anything you guys would recommend doing in the area?

I was considering a WAMC thread after no news for a month and my first interview came in today!! (Rochester - Complete 9/5)
Looking forward to visiting NY state for the first time. Anything you guys would recommend doing in the area?

No recommendations but congrats!! More to come.

II @ Loyola!

Reactions: 4 users
I just got that diversity email from WashU based off of the MedMAR. My face was like WashU, who you think you fooling...

+1 on this LOL. I really can't afford sending "donations" to super reach schools when I can barely pay for interviews at realistic schools.

+1 on this LOL. I really can't afford sending "donations" to super reach schools when I can barely pay for interviews at realistic schools.
These are the truest words ever spoken.

im underrepresented lol but too bad they dont have a hmong category.

Got another II today at FAU! Was really surprised because I turned in my secondary about a week ago.

Reactions: 10 users
Guysssssssssssssssssssss.
Just got a II
teary eyed right now, read the email 5 times.

Reactions: 17 users
Guysssssssssssssssssssss.
Just got a II
teary eyed right now, read the email 5 times.

AHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSUUHHHHHHHH :clap::highfive::claps::biglove::banana: file that email into a special folder because NO MATTER WHAT they'll always be your first and you never forget your first.

Thank you guys, you all have been supportive.

Congrats!! I've watched this thread for a while and everyone here is so supportive! I can only hope my first II is around the corner!

Congrats!! I've watched this thread for a while and everyone here is so supportive! I can only hope my first II is around the corner!

It is around the corner :xf::luck:

Side comment: does anyone else text their family in big group messages about interviews just so you get the nonstop confetti parade?

I do.

Reactions: 5 users
My dad was like "well it isnt Columbia" while smiling. I know he is just acting like a hard a*s but underneath is super excited.

Reactions: 6 users
My dad swears we can act funky about certain schools now that he thinks we are in the clear. He tried to tell me I couldn't move to one city in particular. Until I get an acceptance I'm just like...

giphy.gif

Reactions: 8 users
My dad swears we can act funky about certain schools now that he thinks we are in the clear. He tried to tell me I couldn't move to one city in particular. Until I get an acceptance I'm just like...

giphy.gif

Okayyyy. Like we not bout to be bougie about US medical schools lmao

Once you realize dad's paying all the bills

Nathan-Fillion-Loss-For-Words-Reaction-Gif.gif

II at Einstein! Woot woot

II at Einstein! Woot woot
Wow! ! Great job. When did you submit here? ? It's been a month for me and I can't even get a completed email. I know the area well Students here seem so happy! Bet u going to love it

Wow! ! Great job. When did you submit here? ? It's been a month for me and I can't even get a completed email. I know the area well Students here seem so happy! Bet u going to love it

Thanks! I was complete 8/9 but got the email 9/1. Einstein is slow as hell. I am also super duper familiar with the area!

CONGRATS TO ALL

can't wait for our first acceptances....,

Reactions: 7 users