2017 ****The Official Meharry Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Me too!

Members don't see this ad.

What does the acronym MAPS stand for? and did anyone receive their packets yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Meharry on Feb 8. I was wondering if anyone heard anything back?

What does the acronym MAPS stand for? and did anyone receive their packets yet?

The MAP is the Meharry Medical College Application for Financial Assistance form that we have to fill out through the school in order to recieve any type of financial aid. And I haven't received any type of packet from them, just that financial aid email. Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back. :)

I interviewed October 18 and still haven't heard a single word... Does anyone know how full the class is already??

Does anyone have an idea when they'll finish filling the class up?
how many student are currently in the incoming class?
When is the deadline to send in your deposit?

Does anyone have an idea when they'll finish filling the class up?
how many student are currently in the incoming class?
When is the deadline to send in your deposit?

If you are on FB please join the group above. The FB group currently has 17 members. The $800 deposit I believe is due 2 weeks after the acceptance letter is received. I believe everyone is still waiting on the packet with housing information to be sent.

I was put on the alternate list for Meharry after being interviewed. Does anyone know what are the chances of being accepted?

Slim. I was in your same spot last cycle. I got lucky this cycle. Persistence pays off...kind words from the Director.

Slim. I was in your same spot last cycle. I got lucky this cycle. Persistence pays off...kind words from the Director.

So did you reapply this cycle and get in? What did you do during the year? I have been accepted into Midwestern University's masters program and I am planning on attending if i get rejected from Meharry. Also, I have heard about the postbacc at Meharry. I haven't been notified or invited for the program, but is it worth it? Lastly, do you mind sharing your DAT scores and gpa? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been invited to interview for the one year masters program at Meharry??

I was put on the alternate list for Meharry after being interviewed. Does anyone know what are the chances of being accepted?

What is the alternate list? Is this similar to a hold or is this equivalent to a waitlist? Just curious because I am considered top 10% waitlist and hoping that means my odds are pretty good at getting in but just curious as I see the comment was made that chances were slim for alternates.

What is the alternate list? Is this similar to a hold or is this equivalent to a waitlist? Just curious because I am considered top 10% waitlist and hoping that means my odds are pretty good at getting in but just curious as I see the comment was made that chances were slim for alternates.
Notice the vast majority of the people in this thread are Pre-DENTAL - They weren't talking about the medical program.

I just called and they said the class is not full yet. so good luck to yinz who have an interview soon!! my portal still says review/application complete but i haven't received a rejection letter. Did anyone else have this status and then get an interview?

Hey all,
I'm currently a MSH student at Meharry, matriculating into the dental school for 2013. I'm moving out of my apartment in May and am seeking a replacement roommate for my current apartment mate( he is currently a first year dental student at Meharry) . It's a 2 bedroom 2 bath, washer and dryer . Email me at [email protected] for more info. Below is a link to the floor plan layout of the apartment

http://www.grandeviewapts.com/The Cassini.aspx

Peace

Hey all,
I'm currently a MSH student at Meharry, matriculating into the dental school for 2013. I'm moving out of my apartment in May and am seeking a replacement roommate for my current apartment mate( he is currently a first year dental student at Meharry) . It's a 2 bedroom 2 bath, washer and dryer . Email me at [email protected] for more info. Below is a link to the floor plan layout of the apartment

http://www.grandeviewapts.com/The Cassini.aspx

Peace

Hey bleek!
I'll be matriculating this summer as well. I'm assuming your a guy so I wouldn't be rooming with you :oops:, but you should join the fb group. A lot of the members have been talking about finding places to live, so you may find a possible roommate in there. Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/450989368291061/

Guess I'll be meeting you soon! Take care!

Hey bleek!
I'll be matriculating this summer as well. I'm assuming your a guy so I wouldn't be rooming with you :oops:, but you should join the fb group. A lot of the members have been talking about finding places to live, so you may find a possible roommate in there. Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/450989368291061/

Guess I'll be meeting you soon! Take care!

No Facebook acc. Sorry

Bleek,
How long does it take you to get to MMC from bellevue? I know Sonya Dr. is pretty close to I40 but with traffic and all, I'm just not sure if Bellevue is a good option for me to move to. I currently live in Antioch/Brentwood part of town,
Thanks

Bleek,
How long does it take you to get to MMC from bellevue? I know Sonya Dr. is pretty close to I40 but with traffic and all, I'm just not sure if Bellevue is a good option for me to move to. I currently live in Antioch/Brentwood part of town,
Thanks

It takes me 13 minutes to get to school with light traffic. Most students live in the Bellevue area, between Grand view , the Lexington, and other gated communities . I would recommend moving closer in your respect. I have two classmate who live in Brentwood and are moving to Bellevue. That ride can be beastly with the everyday grind.

Congrats to those who got accepted :)

Is there anyone else who's ADEA portal status still says "invited for interview?"
If they're still open spots left for the incoming class, are they considering everyone that interview or only a selective few?
Does anyone have an idea if admissions had already designated those who they plan on placing in the post-bac program and not considering them for the incoming class?
To all the ppl who posted that they were wait listed or placed on the alternate list, how did you know and whom in admissions told you that?

I've call a total of 4 times since December and I've only gotten a clear answer once when i ask about my application, which was there was no decision made; other than that I've been told to check the ADEA portal and as long as it didn't say "Application Denied", than that means there are still spots open....guess i just gotta stay positive but its hard to when its damn near almost April.

Congrats to those who got accepted :)

Is there anyone else who's ADEA portal status still says "invited for interview?"
If they're still open spots left for the incoming class, are they considering everyone that interview or only a selective few?
Does anyone have an idea if admissions had already designated those who they plan on placing in the post-bac program and not considering them for the incoming class?
To all the ppl who posted that they were wait listed or placed on the alternate list, how did you know and whom in admissions told you that?

I've call a total of 4 times since December and I've only gotten a clear answer once when i ask about my application, which was there was no decision made; other than that I've been told to check the ADEA portal and as long as it didn't say "Application Denied", than that means there are still spots open....guess i just gotta stay positive but its hard to when its damn near almost April.

Did you interview? My ADEA portal said invited for interview, but it changed after I interviewed to wait listed. I even got a letter from Meharry stating i was put on their wait list. I called and also emailed the admissions about my ranking on the wait list, but like you i wasn't given a clear response. Just that they are still reviewing applications and will let me know. So i guess we just have to wait. Does anyone know if Meharry is still conducting interviews? I don;t think they are.

Meharry already interviewed about 20 people for their masters program, and those students should find out if they got accepted by April 1st. I believe Meharry also pulls students from the dental wait list for the program but i'm not sure if they have to interview, or if people have been notified.

I hope that helps. I know Meharry notifies some applicants really late if they do get accepted, so hang in there. And good luck!

Did you interview? My ADEA portal said invited for interview, but it changed after I interviewed to wait listed. I even got a letter from Meharry stating i was put on their wait list. I called and also emailed the admissions about my ranking on the wait list, but like you i wasn't given a clear response. Just that they are still reviewing applications and will let me know. So i guess we just have to wait. Does anyone know if Meharry is still conducting interviews? I don;t think they are.

Meharry already interviewed about 20 people for their masters program, and those students should find out if they got accepted by April 1st. I believe Meharry also pulls students from the dental wait list for the program but i'm not sure if they have to interview, or if people have been notified.

I hope that helps. I know Meharry notifies some applicants really late if they do get accepted, so hang in there. And good luck!
I interviewed in October but my status never changed nor did i get a letter telling me i was wait listed like you did...Guess we just gotta wait, thanks for the response

I'm in the exact same position!! I was also interviewed in October and have heard nothing. I've called multiple times, emailed and talked to students who have been accepted. My status still hasn't changed since 8/22/12 as 'Invited For Interview'. Supposedly it's a good thing that we haven't been put on the wait list... Also, the official acceptance group on Facebook only has about 30 people in it. Assuming that maybe 5 people accepted haven't joined yet, there should still be a few spots.

They've told me the same thing: keep checking AADSAS and that admissions are rolling until May. It sucks considering I'm out of state and would have to move my entire life down there, not to mention trying to find housing and/or a roommate!!

I am in the same boat. I interviewed in November, and still haven't heard anything. Sent LOI and have called couple times but no luck yet. I wish at least I would've been placed in the wait list or interviewed for the masters, cuz now I don't have any hope left. Nothing has changed inthe portal either. Could anyone please enlighten me about what could be going on ? I think that's a rejection. By hopefully I am wrong

How long was your LOI? Because I felt really desperate writing mine so it was very brief. I've also stopped contacting them since they were very short with me the last time I emailed. It sucks still having some hope so late in the game and that it's still very possible to get a no.

Never give up hope. I'm finishing the masters program and some of my classmates did not get a call until June . Stay positive and keep a renewed mind.

Peace

I am in the same boat. I interviewed in November, and still haven't heard anything. Sent LOI and have called couple times but no luck yet. I wish at least I would've been placed in the wait list or interviewed for the masters, cuz now I don't have any hope left. Nothing has changed inthe portal either. Could anyone please enlighten me about what could be going on ? I think that's a rejection. By hopefully I am wrong

Never give up hope. I'm finishing the masters program and some of my classmates did not get a call until June . Stay positive and keep a renewed mind.

Peace

Did you apply for the master's program or how did you get involved in it? Also, what is the breakdown of the program/ how long is it?

Did you apply for the master's program or how did you get involved in it? Also, what is the breakdown of the program/ how long is it?

Last year was by invite only to applicants who applied and were wait listed. The program started in June with a six week genereal science refresher, doesn't really count for anything . The beginning of August is when the real fun starts : biochemistry , microbiology , genetics , cell biology . The semester ended around thanksgiving to allow those who have to retake DAT/MCAT time to prepare for January exams via Princeton review. The spring semester started in the beginning of Febuary : anatomy , pathology, neuroscience , physiology , pharmacology . I'm not sure if they will make changes this year.

For the people who are wait listed, have any of you been invited to the Masters program?

So only for wait listed people right ? I guess I'm sol

So only for wait listed people right ? I guess I'm sol

That's for last year but it seems they are doing things differently this year i.e. we didn't interview separately for the masters program. Keep hope alive kid.

For those who wrote LOI, who did you send it to? I was thinking about writing one as well

Ah I'm not waitlisted either... So I'm not eligible for it? I'm semi confused on what the difference is because isn't that the same schedule as the dental school students? Also, I wrote a very brief (9 sentence) LOI but I sent mine to Mr. Luten and Tracy Smith who are both heavily involved with admissions.

Anyone know how big the masters program is? I'd never heard about it.

Did you guys get a response from Dr. Luten or Tracy Smith after sending the LOI? Also, predent90, I think this year students who were not wait listed also interviewed for the masters prgram. But they should have been notified by April 1st if they were accepted. I'm not sure if they have pulled people out from the wait list yet. I also wonder how big the class size is for the program. Does anyone know? What are the benefits of doing the masters program? I've already been accepted into Midwestern University's masters program in Chicago and was wondering in case I get into Meharry's prgoram, should I accept it, especially if it guarantees me a spot next year. Can someone who did the program this year please expand on it?

Nope, I didn't get a response. Ooh gotcha, thanks for the information Member201390. I wasn't wait-listed or interviewed for the masters program but I was told that there is still no decision in my application... What does that mean?!

Did you guys get a response from Dr. Luten or Tracy Smith after sending the LOI? Also, predent90, I think this year students who were not wait listed also interviewed for the masters prgram. But they should have been notified by April 1st if they were accepted. I'm not sure if they have pulled people out from the wait list yet. I also wonder how big the class size is for the program. Does anyone know? What are the benefits of doing the masters program? I've already been accepted into Midwestern University's masters program in Chicago and was wondering in case I get into Meharry's prgoram, should I accept it, especially if it guarantees me a spot next year. Can someone who did the program this year please expand on it?

Last year was by invite only to applicants who applied and were wait listed. The program started in June with a six week genereal science refresher, doesn't really count for anything . The beginning of August is when the real fun starts : biochemistry , microbiology , genetics , cell biology . The semester ended around thanksgiving to allow those who have to retake DAT/MCAT time to prepare for January exams via Princeton review. The spring semester started in the beginning of Febuary : anatomy , pathology, neuroscience , physiology , pharmacology . I'm not sure if they will make changes this year.

My major is not Biology or Chemistry and I just finished taking General Biology but I did not meet the requirement of a B-, how will they look at this on my application!?

They actually like when you have majors other than science as long as you meet the minimum prerequisites. I'm not sure exactly how they look at the weight of the grades though. As long as your other grades are good and you have something else excellent on your application!

Hey guys. Do you know if there has been any movement off the waiting list? Its already mid-may and I haven't heard from them yet. Also does anyone know if the upcoming class for masters program has been filled?

Are you on the waiting list? I'm not even on a waiting list at all... My last status update was in August and it still says 'Invited For Interview'. I stopped emailing but since all they can say is 'check AADSAS', our decision is guaranteed by May 23 when the portal shuts down. Until then, all we can do is wait.