2018-2019 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's weird, I'm also applying MD/PhD, but my email says two rounds
Is your session also from 8.50am to 5pm?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who attend tomorrow interview, all the best!

Reactions: 3 users
Hope those of your who interviewed yesterday did a wonderful job! Will someone please share their interview experience here? Greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, the written component on Applicant Day is essay? :bigtears::unsure::unsure:
Hey! Just had my day yesterday. I wouldn't stress too much about the situational judgment test. My interviews were hard to tell. The two interviewers were very friendly and conversational so it felt relaxing. Good luck to y'all!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! Just had my day yesterday. I wouldn't stress too much about the situational judgment test. My interviews were hard to tell. The two interviewers were very friendly and conversational so it felt relaxing. Good luck to y'all!

Hi bvan95, thanks for the reassurance. Would you mind sharing about your TeamLEAD experience? Was it very competitive like business case?

Congrats on finishing the interview! Would you mind sharing what was the main focus of the interview? Was it mostly behavioral? Also, was it an open or close interview (meaning whether or not the interviewer read your application prior to talking to you).

Hi bvan95, thanks for the reassurance. Would you mind sharing about your TeamLEAD experience? Was it very competitive like business case?
No, it was very fun actually! Enjoy yourself and work with your team:) Do note that TeamLEAD here is *according to students* 100x easier than the real one haha.

Congrats on finishing the interview! Would you mind sharing what was the main focus of the interview? Was it mostly behavioral? Also, was it an open or close interview (meaning whether or not the interviewer read your application prior to talking to you).

I'm not sure how much I can disclose. It was 2 traditional style interviews. I was asked a lot about myself and my activities but others were asked based more on their research. So I'm not sure what the main focus is supposed to be.

Reactions: 2 users
Any advice on what to wear to Applicant Day? The invitation says business casual, but all the forums here say to ignore that and wear a full suit.

Any advice on what to wear to Applicant Day? The invitation says business casual, but all the forums here say to ignore that and wear a full suit.
The students I met wore suits mostly. There was only 1 girl who wore a dress with no suit. So better suited up?

No, it was very fun actually! Enjoy yourself and work with your team:) Do note that TeamLEAD here is *according to students* 100x easier than the real one haha.

I'm not sure how much I can disclose. It was 2 traditional style interviews. I was asked a lot about myself and my activities but others were asked based more on their research. So I'm not sure what the main focus is supposed to be.

Thanks for sharing! That's very informative. I hope you can hear back from them soon!

Are there any social events organized after Applicant Day? I'm flying in for my interview and have nothing else to do in the evening.

Hi guys, how is Applicant Day so far? Anyone heard from them for Oct 26 and Nov applicant days?

For those who attended interviews, do you mind sharing what to focus on in the research interview? Were there some challenging questions about the biological sciences, or was it focused mainly on the research experiences you had? Thanks :)

Has anyone received any news yet post-Applicant Day?

Congratulations! I also had my interview on 15 Oct and was offered a place on 20/11.
Nice! Should maybe start getting each other’s contact and get to know each other, maybe can start some group haha

I went for the 22 Oct interview, so I take it I should know where I stand by the end of next week? It has been a long long month post interview. I had been simultaneously afraid to open my email inbox and at the same time anxiously refreshing it.
( It doesn’t help that everyone kept asking me how the application is going whenever they saw me for the past one year. -_- )

Hi, congratulations for those who received offers!!! Are the offers for MD or MD-PhD or the mix of both? :)

Hi, congratulations for those who received offers!!! Are the offers for MD or MD-PhD or the mix of both? :)
From what I know is they will release offer for MD first for everyone. For those apply MD-PhD they will also get their MD offer first, with the PhD offer comes after if they get it.

I went for the 22 Oct interview, so I take it I should know where I stand by the end of next week? It has been a long long month post interview. I had been simultaneously afraid to open my email inbox and at the same time anxiously refreshing it.
( It doesn’t help that everyone kept asking me how the application is going whenever they saw me for the past one year. -_- )
I heard that you will know by end of December at the latest. But yea, people have been getting offers since last week. I feel your pain, hang in there!!

how long does it normally take the committee to review apps?
It probably only takes a few minutes to read the files and decide the fate of each applicant.
But consolidating all the responses from the admission committee members will take a few weeks?
They said to wait ~2 months on the interview day.

All I want for Christmas is a response I rather they reject me now so I can at least stop getting a mini heart attack everytime I get an email notification.
(The rubbish mailing list email they sent out yesterday was not cool. )

Reactions: 1 users
It probably only takes a few minutes to read the files and decide the fate of each applicant.
But consolidating all the responses from the admission committee members will take a few weeks?
They said to wait ~2 months on the interview day.

All I want for Christmas is a response I rather they reject me now so I can at least stop getting a mini heart attack everytime I get an email notification.
(The rubbish mailing list email they sent out yesterday was not cool. )
When did you guys have yours Applicant's Day? I had mine in October but still haven't heard anything back :( All I want for my birthday/Christmas is GOOD NEWSSS.