2018-2019 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Prob they might send out another batch of offer soon? They just had another round of interview ytd...

Members don't see this ad.

It probably only takes a few minutes to read the files and decide the fate of each applicant.
But consolidating all the responses from the admission committee members will take a few weeks?
They said to wait ~2 months on the interview day.

All I want for Christmas is a response I rather they reject me now so I can at least stop getting a mini heart attack everytime I get an email notification.
(The rubbish mailing list email they sent out yesterday was not cool. )

Agree. The wait is driving me nuts. Every email notification makes my heart beat faster... then drops after seeing the title is irrelevant...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the offer! Is there a Facebook group for accepted applicants? :):):)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone has any idea if more than half the slots are taken up already? :)

I can tell you that the 20 international spots are still open!

The application was recently extended so I’m under the assumption that they’re looking for more Singaporean applicants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I can tell you that the 20 international spots are still open!

The application was recently extended so I’m under the assumption that they’re looking for more Singaporean applicants.

How do you know the international spots are open?

They told us during applicant day on 11/09 that we'd have an answer by Christmas. I've been anxiously checking my inbox all week!

They told us during applicant day on 11/09 that we'd have an answer by Christmas. I've been anxiously checking my inbox all week!
Yes, I was at the 11/08 applicant day and I remember them saying the same thing!

Seems like they decided to hand out the presents after Christmas... Merry Christmas all!

I was so exited to see an email from Duke-NUS! Seasons greetings to all

I almost threw my phone across the room after I read that email. Then realized I’m too broke to afford another one.

I apologize? I forgot to do respond as I was caught up with holiday travel.

I was in touch with admissions regarding my application and they said that international offers have not been sent out. This was two weeks ago, so I don’t know if things have changed. I know there are 20 seats as that’s what we were told on our interview day at Duke.

Hope this answers your question.

Edit: grammar

Reactions: 2 users
I apologize? I forgot to do respond as I was caught up with holiday travel.

I was in touch with admissions regarding my application and they said that international offers have not been sent out. This was two weeks ago, so I don’t know if things have changed. I know there are 20 seats as that’s what we were told on our interview day at Duke.

Hope this answers your question.

Edit: grammar

existentialcrisis, this is for applicant from the State only or for all international students (including those who fly into SG for interview)?

International spots are for any non-Singaporean applicant. Doesn't matter where you interviewed

Hi all,

I am applying for the MD-PhD programme but have yet to take the MCAT. Does anyone know if the school will accept MCAT scores taken in March?

I could sit for the next MCAT in Jan but seeing as I only decided to apply for the MD-PhD recently, I doubt there is enough time for me to prepare well for it.

Hi all,

I am applying for the MD-PhD programme but have yet to take the MCAT. Does anyone know if the school will accept MCAT scores taken in March?

I could sit for the next MCAT in Jan but seeing as I only decided to apply for the MD-PhD recently, I doubt there is enough time for me to prepare well for it.
I think on their website they said they would give you a 2 week grace period to get all of your documents in. So maybe they won't accept MCAT score in March for this cycle (class of 2023)?

Hi everyone!

Congrats on the acceptance!! Everyone has been talking about the Oct 15 and 22 Singapore applicant days. I attended the Oct 26th one(yup there was one on Friday). Haven't received a reply. Anyone who went for Oct 26 or later and received an email from them? Would put me at ease:(

I've been contacted a couple of times by the financial aid office for clarification on some things in my application - do they do that for every single applicant who got an interview? Or can I hope for good news soon?

I've been contacted a couple of times by the financial aid office for clarification on some things in my application - do they do that for every single applicant who got an interview? Or can I hope for good news soon?
Nope because the financial aid applications are considered separately from the admissions ones. An interviewee may even submit his/her financial aid application after receiving the offer.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Nope because the financial aid applications are considered separately from the admissions ones. An interviewee may even submit his/her financial aid application after receiving the offer.

:( time to go back to endless waiting, I guess...

:( time to go back to endless waiting, I guess...
I submitted my financial one even before the interview. The good thing is they'll probably send both offers to you in one go two months after the interview. Chillax and good luck :)

I submitted my financial one even before the interview. The good thing is they'll probably send both offers to you in one go two months after the interview. Chillax and good luck :)

Thanks, and good luck to you as well!

If not the Christmas deadline I was hoping for something at the 2 month mark. But still nothing :(

I am sort of worrying that Duke-NUS is trying to hold all decisions for international applicants till the end.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I told myself to stop thinking about my empty inbox.
But I can’t!

We should get something by Feb. I doubt that they will receive many applications in Jan 19.

But I am seriously thinking about re-application.