2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys, waitlistee here. Do we have any estimates on how many more people they are going to accept from the waitlist at this point? Or if there have been any acceptances since the CTE deadline?

The tracker is still at 433 but has not been updated with the acceptance offers given in June. I think I've seen somewhere on the Internet that in years past the tracker generally gets to 550ish. So probably not many more :dead:

Members don't see this ad.

The tracker is still at 433 but has not been updated with the acceptance offers given in June. I think I've seen somewhere on the Internet that in years past the tracker generally gets to 550ish. So probably not many more :dead:
Remember CTE deadline just passed and finaid just came out. So things are moving right now, and other school's waitlist are moving as well. So we just have to wait and see. if we've interviewed, i'd say we're still in the game.

Took a peek at last years thread and didn't see anyone post acceptances by this time. Granted maybe at this point anyone getting an acceptance is going to be too busy to be posting on here. Are we all still in the dark about what's going on or does anybody have new info?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really feel for everyone on waitlist. I withdrew by sending them an email last week but I’m still getting emails from WSU email account about bills and payments so I think that they haven’t dealt with people who withdrew. I hope you all hear back soon.

Reactions: 5 users
I really want to call Wayne but I'm also afraid of the answer they might give to me. At this point, a rejection letter would be nice, at least I would know there is no more hope.

Reactions: 1 user
I really want to call Wayne but I'm also afraid of the answer they might give to me. At this point, a rejection letter would be nice, at least I would know there is no more hope.
With the new rules this year, the game is much trickier. and wayne has always been notorious for notifying folks real late. i'm gonna stay patient, and keep praying for the best. also, keep in mind this is voluntary. we still have many blessings to count. it's a tremendous blessing to have gotten this far in the admissions game. just keep ur head down and move forward.

Reactions: 6 users
Which day are people going to the Transition to M1 resource fair, if at all? Are both days the same or is one day more comprehensive than the other?

Which day are people going to the Transition to M1 resource fair, if at all? Are both days the same or is one day more comprehensive than the other?
You’d probably get more response if you posted this in the class Facebook group lol This thread is basically for those that are waitlisted since the new cycle has started

Reactions: 1 users
I was told by the admissions office that they are setting up appointments on a first come first serve for re-applicants from the waitlist to review there application for weaknesses/strengths. Hope this helps anyone looking for an edge this coming cycle!

I was told by the admissions office that they are setting up appointments on a first come first serve for re-applicants from the waitlist to review there application for weaknesses/strengths. Hope this helps anyone looking for an edge this coming cycle!
So no more movement from the wait-list ?

Members don't see this ad :)
wait it out.
Absolutely wait it out, I’m still hoping for the best. I did not ask about current movement this cycle, was just trying get some direction on improving my app over the next year in the event I don’t make the cut

i was religiously profiled on my way back into the US in January. filled out all the necessary paperwork and got my name off their list. had an easier time navigating my name being on a watchlist than being on wayne's waitlist...smh

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
5 business days until classes start... let's pray for a miracle for us waitlisters lol

Reactions: 4 users
Wow only 5 business days... hopefully there's a LOT of waitlist movement next week because it seemed like there was none this week (cause of independence day vacations most likely).

The admissions website says there has only been 433 acceptances sent out, and the averages over the last five years has been 518 according to their website, so yeah I'd say there may still be massive waitlist movement in the next week.

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you all, I would be honored to have any and all of you be my classmates on July 15th

The admissions website says there has only been 433 acceptances sent out, and the averages over the last five years has been 518 according to their website, so yeah I'd say there may still be massive waitlist movement in the next week.

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you all, I would be honored to have any and all of you be my classmates on July 15th

That tracker is very out of date so probably modest waitlist movement at best if it's anything like years in the past.

CTE and Finaid backed things up this year. Now that we're past that, there will be some more movement God Willing, I have no doubt. Wayne calls people up the first day of classes lol, and has gone to the second day of classes.

When I ran into one of the admins from the school mid june, they told me about 30 more spots to dish out, but then the game would change after CTE and finaid deadline, etc. Keep the prayings coming for each other. We close!

When I ran into one of the admins from the school mid june, they told me about 30 more spots to dish out, but then the game would change after CTE and finaid deadline, etc. Keep the prayings coming for each other. We close!
First time poster and long time lurker. I’ve been praying (and will continue praying) for all of y’all. Hoping good news comes for all of us next week!

give me some of your confidence and hope, I ran out a long time ago

I am going to make a parachute plan in case I get accepted on Friday but I almost don't want to do it out of fear of jinxing it, lol

give me some of your confidence and hope, I ran out a long time ago
I'm only saying this cause I'm from the area and know tons of folks who got last minute acceptances. keep in mind Wayne aint a numbers game either. as long as you fall in the range and they love your story, you stand a good shot.

If anyone gets in at this point with one week left it will be by phone call.

If anyone gets in at this point with one week left it will be by phone call.

Thank you for sharing.

Do you think there are still some acceptances to go out? Compared to years past I would think so, but this year is a bit odd.

Thank you for sharing.

Do you think there are still some acceptances to go out? Compared to years past I would think so, but this year is a bit odd.
If there are any spots left, I’m thinking probably less than 10 total. Just don’t see a school handing out 30 spots with one week to plan, that would be chaos.

If there are any spots left, I’m thinking probably less than 10 total. Just don’t see a school handing out 30 spots with one week to plan, that would be chaos.
I would say more than 10 given finaid and cte deadline, but what the hell do i know? this year has been insanely chaotic

I was just thinking about how crazy this cycle was, particularly with them releasing financial aid mere DAYS before the CTE, and it's funny to me if NOW they'd be "You know, let's not do anything that will create chaos". LOL

I was just thinking about how crazy this cycle was, particularly with them releasing financial aid mere DAYS before the CTE, and it's funny to me if NOW they'd be "You know, let's not do anything that will create chaos". LOL

I was accepted before the CTE deadline at the end of June but did not get my financial aid until just last week o_O

• Wow
So still expecting some movement to happen. Congrats on your acceptance!
I get that your username is in reference to "Go Green, Go white!: Can't Read, Cant write!" but i'm confused if you are a UofM student who can read can write (because you didn't go to MSU) or if you're an MSU student who can read can write (despite going to MSU). Sorry that this is kinda off topic from the whole waitlist thing, but I've seen you on this thread a couple times and reading your name always makes me wonder.

I get that your username is in reference to "Go Green, Go white!: Can't Read, Cant write!" but i'm confused if you are a UofM student who can read can write (because you didn't go to MSU) or if you're an MSU student who can read can write (despite going to MSU). Sorry that this is kinda off topic from the whole waitlist thing, but I've seen you on this thread a couple times and reading your name always makes me wonder.
It's a running joke from my family. nothing to do with schools. When my cousin was applying to colleges recommended him to go to a local school in Ohio, Kent State. In his high school, people would say Can't read can't write Kent State, to which his mom responded Why in her native tongue, Can Read Can Write lol

It's a running joke from my family. nothing to do with schools. When my cousin was applying to colleges recommended him to go to a local school in Ohio, Kent State. In his high school, people would say Can't read can't write Kent State, to which his mom responded Why in her native tongue, Can Read Can Write lol
Ah, thanks for the explanation. Now I can stop wondering about your name while I neurotically check this thread

I actually heard that today was the last day to receive an acceptance. Admissions doesn't want to push it any closer to orientation. Maybe 1-2 spots might become available if people don't show to orientation but its highly unlikely.

I actually heard that today was the last day to receive an acceptance. Admissions doesn't want to push it any closer to orientation. Maybe 1-2 spots might become available if people don't show to orientation but its highly unlikely.
you never know with wayne. in year's past they call people day before orientation, etc. i'm gonna keep on praying

Dang can I ask how you found this out? Hopefully this is an instance where the people at admissions have conflicting information and this is actually false.

May I ask who you heard this from? I know you have some connections with the admissions committee, but did you directly hear this from them?

May I ask who you heard this from? I know you have some connections with the admissions committee, but did you directly hear this from them?
It was something that I heard indirectly from the dean of admissions. Don’t want to give any bad news but Wayne will never reject people off the waitlist. They make you figure it out and that sucks.

Dang can I ask how you found this out? Hopefully this is an instance where the people at admissions have conflicting information and this is actually false.
It came from the higher ups. There’s just no way to schedule another adcom meeting to accept a large group of students one week before. They probably had the numbers since 50% of people don’t report on SDN

Have anyone checked the facebook page? the number of members keeps increasing every day? does that mean they've been accepting students every day?2

I dunno what else to say. I'll keep the prayers going and let things play out til Next Monday.

It came from the higher ups. There’s just no way to schedule another adcom meeting to accept a large group of students one week before. They probably had the numbers since 50% of people don’t report on SDN
who the hell knows for sure with wayne, but if what you're saying is true, we may just have to throw in the towel

who the hell knows for sure with wayne, but if what you're saying is true, we may just have to throw in the towel
I actually got a different answer this morning from admissions, who said that movement between now and the 15th is still expected. Could be a situation where the higher ups are out of the loop because they don’t vote on the committee. That would be embarrassing but beneficial for all of us and a Wayne thing to do

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I actually got a different answer this morning from admissions, who said that movement between now and the 15th is still expected. Could be a situation where the higher ups are out of the loop because they don’t vote on the committee. That would be embarrassing but beneficial for all of us and a Wayne thing to do

Lol you're the one they initially told acceptances only will be sent on Mondays via portal and then later told you it would be any day. My goodness...

No matter what happens Friday, I WILL be taking advantage of a happy hour after work!