2019-2020 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry for being vague! I just mean when I was in your shoes with a similar situation last year, I waited until closer to the final date I had to make a final decision before deciding! I don't know what MSUCOM's dates are, but then sound pretty early compared to other schools.

MSUCOM starts next week I believe. They’re one of the few schools that starts in early June .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted off the waitlist last night!! Does anyone know if I still need to use the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I just got accepted off the waitlist last night!! Does anyone know if I still need to use the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS?
congrats! I believe you need to still use it to CTE to WSU and then withdraw from other programs assuming you have acceptances at other schools. If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! I believe you need to still use it to CTE to WSU and then withdraw from other programs assuming you have acceptances at other schools. If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview?
Thank you! I interviewed 12-2-19 and was basically immediately waitlisted around 4 days after. The reason I am asking is because the CTE tool on AMCAS is not showing up for me for some reason. My portal is updated with the acceptance so I think I'm just being a little paranoid. Any info on this issue would be much appreciated.

Same thing happened to me and I got equally paranoid lol. Just took a few days to show up. You’ll be good :)
Thank you! I interviewed 12-2-19 and was basically immediately waitlisted around 4 days after. The reason I am asking is because the CTE tool on AMCAS is not showing up for me for some reason. My portal is updated with the acceptance so I think I'm just being a little paranoid. Any info on this issue would be much appreciated.

Did anyone get waitlisted then rejected from Wayne? Like I know a lot of medical schools have started to reject students from the waitlist.

Does anyone know how to contact WSU Admissions, aside from the number provided on their site? They are closed, and I don't know if the COVID situation changed things and created new ways to reach them? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know how to contact WSU Admissions, aside from the number provided on their site? They are closed, and I don't know if the COVID situation changed things and created new ways to reach them? Thanks in advance!
email

Just accepted off the waitlist, do we have to do anything else beside accepting the offer through the portal?

Reactions: 2 users
Portal got updated, lot more admissions offers than last year, does this mean there will be less waitlist movement?
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 1.15.00 PM.png

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would you guys know how this would affect WSU? I have been hearing that WSU has been struggling with their affiliations lately.
The dean said in the town hall today that WSU and Henry Ford still have an established relationship, with HF faculty on Wayne's leadership team, students guaranteed to rotate there, etc. Also, the MSU/HF relationship is a non-binding letter of intent from what I read, pertaining mostly to primary care only. I think we as current or prospective students in the near future shouldn't have anything to worry about

Reactions: 1 users
The dean said in the town hall today that WSU and Henry Ford still have an established relationship, with HF faculty on Wayne's leadership team, students guaranteed to rotate there, etc. Also, the MSU/HF relationship is a non-binding letter of intent from what I read, pertaining mostly to primary care only. I think we as current or prospective students in the near future shouldn't have anything to worry about

I agree with Chocolover777’s assessment here. From what I hear, Henry Ford is still guaranteeing to take the same number of WSU med students for rotations as they have been, for the “foreseeable future”. I sincerely doubt anything will change significantly for anyone starting this year or applying now.

Has anyone heard back for more acceptances ? I feel like it’s been a bit silent lately

Has anyone heard back for more acceptances ? I feel like it’s been a bit silent lately

Highly doubt there will be many more acceptances if any at all. They sent out 100 more acceptances than last year according to the interview tracker, but who knows. Maybe there will be.

Received an R about 15 minutes ago. It's been quite the ride as an EDP applicant. See y'all who are in the same boat in the 2020-2021 thread!

Received an R about 15 minutes ago. It's been quite the ride as an EDP applicant. See y'all who are in the same boat in the 2020-2021 thread!

Omg I’m
Sorry to hear that :/ but wait .. we’re you previously waitlisted ?

Are the done with the cycle ?? why are they sending rejections so early when there’s three weeks or more until school starts .. I’m getting worried

Are the done with the cycle ?? why are they sending rejections so early when there’s three weeks or more until school starts .. I’m getting worried

They probably have a full (or nearly full) class by now. Their CTE date is next week.

Also got an R. Waitlisted in February, IS. Not very surprised since there had been very little movement recently.

Now I'm even more worried; I'm also an early applicant who has been waitlisted for nearly eight months. Hang tough guys, all of us have been resilient thus far, and it won't stop now!

Edit: No rejection yet

Did ANYONE who got a Skype interview get accepted?? So curious about this

Those that applied through EDP last summer, how long did it take for your primary app to get verified? Does AMCAS accelerate you because of early decision?

Forgot to post earlier but I have pulled my name off the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Does anyone live at the UT? Can someone tell me the experience of living there? Thanks!!

Admissions offers went up to 709 according to the tracker. 709/1189 interviews completed, so feels bad man. Odds were good. Oh well.

Reactions: 3 users