2019-2020 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Admissions offers went up to 709 according to the tracker. 709/1189 interviews completed, so feels bad man. Odds were good. Oh well.

Aw man ... but wait . It might be that these people haven’t been notified yet ? Who knows , we might still have a shot right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Aw man ... but wait . It might be that these people haven’t been notified yet ? Who knows , we might still have a shot right ?

At this point, who knows?

Reactions: 1 user
At this point, who knows?

Let’s stay hopeful I have a feeling this week will be a telling tale for a lot of us as the CTE is coming up and the tracker just increased . We need to also remember that even as people are getting accepted .. people are also withdrawing both from acceptance and waitlist . Let’s stay hopeful

Members don't see this ad :)
It it possible that 35+ ppl got an acceptance but no one mentioned it here? That feels unlikely. I think. Must have not sent it out yet, I hope. Last reported acceptance was June 5th. Unless they tallied wrong from the previous counter lol. So many possibilities.

Let’s stay hopeful I have a feeling this week will be a telling tale for a lot of us as the CTE is coming up and the tracker just increased . We need to also remember that even as people are getting accepted .. people are also withdrawing both from acceptance and waitlist . Let’s stay hopeful

It it possible that 35+ ppl got an acceptance but no one mentioned it here? That feels unlikely. I think. Must have not sent it out yet, I hope. Last reported acceptance was June 5th. Unless they tallied wrong from the previous counter lol. So many possibilities.

Three people joined our GroupMe today

As I was worrying about having virtual Medical school orientation because of coronavirus, I remembered there are hundreds of other students in the same boat in the Metro Detroit area alone. Feel free to share this group with classmates or friends in the area so we can learn, lament, and laugh together.

It would be great if a Wayne student could share this link in the admitted student page!

Members don't see this ad :)
AMAZING OMG !! Congratulations

Thank you so much!!!! That just shows that anyone who’s still on the waitlist has a decent shot, especially since they already axed people from the waitlist last week. Rooting for you all!

Reactions: 5 users
AMAZING OMG !! Congratulations
Around what time
Did you receive the email ? Hopefully the rest of us hear more good news soon

Time stamped at 10:10 am EST

Just got the A!!!!! Unreal!!!!
Woah that's crazy, congrats!! I saw your signature and applied to 40+ schools with a similar LM and have been hanging on this only WL for a few months now. This gives me some hope after all :)

Reactions: 2 users
Woah that's crazy, congrats!! I saw your signature and applied to 40+ schools with a similar LM and have been hanging on this only WL for a few months now. This gives me some hope after all :)
I submitted my reapp and already prewrote 19 secondaries for this upcoming cycle so this has been insane! Rooting for you!

• Wow
I submitted my reapp and already prewrote 19 secondaries for this upcoming cycle so this has been insane! Rooting for you!

Congrats Buddy! Hope the rest of us are right behind you! Are you Instate or Out of state?

Admitted students, is there a deposit we have to pay to secure our spot? I CTE'd, but I haven't heard anything about class schedule, orientation, white coat ceremony, or anything else.

Admitted students, is there a deposit we have to pay to secure our spot? I CTE'd, but I haven't heard anything about class schedule, orientation, white coat ceremony, or anything else.

No deposit is required. As for orientation and class schedule, welcome to the party - it doesn’t seem like anyone knows. I would assume we will get some info soon, though, seeing as how the CTE deadline has passed. To the best of my knowledge, no date has been set for the white coat ceremony yet, but they are hoping to have one.

No deposit is required. As for orientation and class schedule, welcome to the party - it doesn’t seem like anyone knows. I would assume we will get some info soon, though, seeing as how the CTE deadline has passed. To the best of my knowledge, no date has been set for the white coat ceremony yet, but they are hoping to have one.

Thanks for the reply! Do you know if we’ll have to be on campus/if classes will be virtual? I have to figure out housing in the next 2 weeks if we have to be on campus, so I’m scrambling lol.

Thanks for the reply! Do you know if we’ll have to be on campus/if classes will be virtual? I have to figure out housing in the next 2 weeks if we have to be on campus, so I’m scrambling lol.

We will start online on July 13 and in person on August 24, so you’ve got some time to figure it out if you are okay with moving after school starts. Seems like most students are moving to Detroit now, but there are a good amount waiting until August.

We will start online on July 13 and in person on August 24, so you’ve got some time to figure it out if you are okay with moving after school starts. Seems like most students are moving to Detroit now, but there are a good amount waiting until August.

Whew, okay I have some time then. I'm only a 2 hour drive from Wayne anyways, so I can probably afford to wait. I'll just wait until the school gives out more info on the curriculum in the coming days. One more question, there's a transcript pre-matriculation requirement. What e-mail do you send it to? Or do you send it electronically through parchment, etc?

Whew, okay I have some time then. I'm only a 2 hour drive from Wayne anyways, so I can probably afford to wait. I'll just wait until the school gives out more info on the curriculum in the coming days. One more question, there's a transcript pre-matriculation requirement. What e-mail do you send it to? Or do you send it electronically through parchment, etc?

Send your official transcript to the admissions email. Also search on Facebook for our C/O 2024 group and you'll be able to access our GroupMe.

Would love to see some more movement post CTE, considering they axed a lot of people off the WL

Reactions: 3 users
Do you get a notification from wayne state that you committed to enroll? I committed to enroll morning of June 24th and got only a notification from amcas? Am I ok?

Do you get a notification from wayne state that you committed to enroll? I committed to enroll morning of June 24th and got only a notification from amcas? Am I ok?

Got the same. I emailed them and they said I was okay.

Does anyone have a rough estimate of the number of students who have already accepted the offers? Are they still trying to fill spots?

Does anyone have a rough estimate of the number of students who have already accepted the offers? Are they still trying to fill spots?
I don't know for sure, but people who receive admission offers after the 24th have two business days to accept them. So Monday (today) would theoretically be that deadline if they sent them out last Thursday.

Has anyone received any notification at all from Wayne State, and not just solely admission offers since Thursday?

Current admitted students, if it's not too much to pry, may I ask how many people have joined the groupchat since last week? Any information is thoroughly appreciated!

Are there any accepted students that are still looking for housing? I'm currently looking for a guy/guys to split a 2-3 bedroom apartment. Preferably looking to be within walking distance of campus. I've already put my info down on the housing spreadsheet but also wanted to post here. Please reach out and dm me if interested. Thanks!

I don't know for sure, but people who receive admission offers after the 24th have two business days to accept them. So Monday (today) would theoretically be that deadline if they sent them out last Thursday.

Has anyone received any notification at all from Wayne State, and not just solely admission offers since Thursday?

Current admitted students, if it's not too much to pry, may I ask how many people have joined the groupchat since last week? Any information is thoroughly appreciated!

We had like 10ish people join. And they say 2 business days, but I got an e-mail 2 hours after being accepted saying I had to CTE by 5 pm EST that day or they would be forced to rescind my offer.

We had like 10ish people join. And they say 2 business days, but I got an e-mail 2 hours after being accepted saying I had to CTE by 5 pm EST that day or they would be forced to rescind my offer.
Thanks for the information, it’s very helpful! Just gotta finish up the secondaries and hope for the best I guess.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully there will still be some movement!!

Do you just email admissions to decline your waitlist position? The portal isn't loading for me for some reason.

I was checking out the website to see if anything changed, and I noticed that the calendar still had this on. I know some several admitted students mentioned that the white coat ceremony was TBA, so I'm wondering why they still, or rather reposted this onto the calendar?

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 10.16.48 AM.png

Just got the A. 509 MCAT 3.85 GPA in state. Can anyone who got accepted walk me through the process? How do I send them an official transcript and will the prerequisite classes be fulfilled when I send my transcript?

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got the A. 509 MCAT 3.85 GPA in state. Can anyone who got accepted walk me through the process? How do I send them an official transcript and will the prerequisite classes be fulfilled when I send my transcript?

Nice !! They’re still sending acceptances thankfully so there’s still
Hope !
Did you get an email or phone call ?

Can anyone hook me up with the groupme?

Let’s go!!!!!!!!

I was checking out the website to see if anything changed, and I noticed that the calendar still had this on. I know some several admitted students mentioned that the white coat ceremony was TBA, so I'm wondering why they still, or rather reposted this onto the calendar?

View attachment 311700
White coat ceremony is still TBA

For anyone still on the waitlist, how are y’all checking your admission status? The link they provided in the email doesn’t load for me. I’ve just been logging into my secondary portal and checking there.

For anyone still on the waitlist, how are y’all checking your admission status? The link they provided in the email doesn’t load for me. I’ve just been logging into my secondary portal and checking there.
Same, I’ve been checking the portal. Any big update they send to you specifically would come there and via email.