2022-2023 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats! was it thru your amcas email or wsu email? also were you recently accepted or a while ago?

Thank you! It was wsu email and i was accepted a long time ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Since they said by April 28th, is there a chance the scholarships are still going out?

Members don't see this ad :)
did you fill out the form they sent out and go to the second look? i didn’t fill it out because i wasn’t going to be able to make it to the second look :/

Yes, i filled it and went to the second look. I'm not exactly sure of the one i received is related to the scholarship you're referring to though

I hope that surviving today means we are safe from a post II R and be considered for a spot during waitlist movement....hope everyone has a nice weekend and will receive some sort of good news from schools next week! :)

Reactions: 12 users
Would it be okay to submit a LOI now when waitlist movement is expected in the next few days? In reality, it would be an update letter + LOI. What's WSU's policy on this?

Good luck to all waitlisters this next month

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you can withdraw from the alternate list? I'm not seeing that option in the portal but I'm committing elsewhere today and want to make sure I'm not messing up

Does anyone know if you can withdraw from the alternate list? I'm not seeing that option in the portal but I'm committing elsewhere today and want to make sure I'm not messing up
Just withdrew from alt list today via emailing their admissions office!

The amount of times I've refreshed the admissions tracker in the past 36 hours is nuts 🤪

• Haha
I've been constantly refreshing my portal and email :(

Reactions: 1 users
I called admissions today and they said they started looking at WL apps yesterday. Hopefully we’ll hear something this week!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
anyone who sent a letter of interest, did you put it in your portal? and did you get some kind of confirmation email after? I put mine in my portal but idk if they’ve seen it.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope more acceptances will be coming out soon :(

anyone who sent a letter of interest, did you put it in your portal? and did you get some kind of confirmation email after? I put mine in my portal but idk if they’ve seen it.
I did too and did not get a confirmation email. After I emailed admissions with it attached and they said just uploading it in the portal is preferred!

Congrats!! Did they email you or update your portal?
Also, do you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you so much! It’s my first A, so I am very relieved. They sent me an email. My stats were 3.9x and 52x. I hope this helps and good luck to all of you still on the WL <3

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you so much! It’s my first A, so I am very relieved. They sent me an email. My stats were 3.9x and 52x. I hope this helps and good luck to all of you still on the WL <3
Congratulations. It is crazy you had to wait this long for your acceptance with 3.9x and 52x. Inexcusable!!

• Love
Wow! Incredible. Congratulations - you deserve this. Good luck in med school!!

• Love
According to @gyngyn in the waitlist support thread:

"There appears to be a glitch in the CYMS tool for schools.
This is likely to slow processing of alternate lists until it is fixed."

This could explain any waitlist movement slow down or at least play a role in doing so.

• Hmm
I just withdrew my A. It was tough to say goodbye to Wayne! I hope it goes to one of you <3

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
A off the WL yesterday morning. Had too crazy of a day yesterday to update here. Will likely be attending

• Care
stunned... first MD A this morning off the waitlist after being a reapplicant

• Care
Could you share your stats if u dont mind?
No connection to the school or detroit. LM 73. ~2000 hours clinical volunteering, ~3000 hours research, ~600 hours non-clinical volunteering. Heavily interested in primary care and serving in a medically underserved area in the future. It is unlikely that I’ll attend Wayne just because I got into a different school that’s much closer to home :/

Reactions: 2 users
Question for anyone who could have some insight. Under the prereq tab on my portal, it says I have no fulfilled the 1 semester writing requirement. My school was a quarter system and I did take one course titled as WRITING however my Writing GE requirements were fulfilled with other humanities courses. I also have credit from both AP English exams. Do you think I have a case in getting an exemption?

Is anyone else unable to see status in the portal? I tried clicking on the sidebar but it didn’t work…

Question for anyone who could have some insight. Under the prereq tab on my portal, it says I have no fulfilled the 1 semester writing requirement. My school was a quarter system and I did take one course titled as WRITING however my Writing GE requirements were fulfilled with other humanities courses. I also have credit from both AP English exams. Do you think I have a case in getting an exemption?

Yea, just reach out to admissions and they should be able to help. I had a similar situation with how my chem req was met.

for everyone who to got in off the waitlist, how many days were you given to make a decision / select PTE on your cyms tool? thank you!