2019-2020 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any other first quartiles waiting to hear back?
Me, I never really heard back from them... but I’m also not holding my breath

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like they are indeed prioritizing in-state students.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They'll start prioritizing location based on timing. Students in city, or closer to DSM are going to get in first because they don't have to move here and are more likely to attend.

Pulled myself from the waitlist today (1st quartile). Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
They'll start prioritizing location based on timing. Students in city, or closer to DSM are going to get in first because they don't have to move here and are more likely to attend.
I'm not in state but only 4 hours away, I hope they don't skip over me because of that

Yeah makes sense, I’m pretty far OOS and it’d be difficult to move with a car and everything

I’m first quartile non-HP. Still haven’t heard anything. I’m out of state but it’s only a 3 hour drive. I really hope that’s not the only thing keeping me from getting accepted. I would move to Des Moines in a heartbeat if I got accepted tomorrow.

I’m first quartile non-HP. Still haven’t heard anything. I’m out of state but it’s only a 3 hour drive. I really hope that’s not the only thing keeping me from getting accepted. I would move to Des Moines in a heartbeat if I got accepted tomorrow.
Same lol I'd be ready to go as soon as I got the acceptance

I just got accepted off the waitlist. I was first quartile non-HP, OOS (California). But got into one of my top choices last week so, I will withdraw. Hopefully, my spot will go to one of you guys. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got accepted off the waitlist. I was first quartile non-HP, OOS (California). But got into one of my top choices last week so, I will withdraw. Hopefully, my spot will go to one of you guys. Good luck to everyone.
Congrats and thanks for keeping us updated!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it typically take for the status of the drug test and background screening to show "Met"? I took both almost a week ago and it still shows "Not Met"

Double check its still possible. There's a chance they changed things due to policy coverage, etc. Also you can't use it for third or fourth year unless you stay in Iowa because it doesn't transfer states
Medicaid is still accepted for 1st and 2nd year but will not be accepted 3rd and 4th year for rotations - new policy
- current 3rd year

did anyone else's Pulse take forever to let them have access to the orientation course?

I got the call!! First quartile, non-HP. Thank you all for the support! If anyone feels compelled to send me a link to the Facebook group that would be lovely!

Reactions: 8 users
How long do you all think WL movement will happen? I'm still kind of hopeful that I might get pulled off the list.

Probably until July 28th
Does anyone know for sure if waitlist acceptances could go up until the first day of orientation (July 27th) or the first day of classes (July 31st)? Dates are from their academic calendar posted online, not sure if they are still accurate.

Does anyone know for sure if waitlist acceptances could go up until the first day of orientation (July 27th) or the first day of classes (July 31st)? Dates are from their academic calendar posted online, not sure if they are still accurate.
Someone earlier in the thread stated it did and they knew a few people accepted a few days before orientation

My grad school PI said they've taken people the week of orientation before, though I don't think it's routine.
Someone earlier in the thread stated it did and they knew a few people accepted a few days before orientation

Was there any WL movement last week? Less than two weeks to go, I'm getting nervous! :rolleyes:

Was there any WL movement last week? Less than two weeks to go, I'm getting nervous! :rolleyes:
Haven't heard anything either. Going to send over one last update to Anna Cruz. Would even be nice to know if they've moved into the 2nd quartile. I'll keep the thread updated for those who are in the same boat as us.

Haven't heard anything either. Going to send over one last update to Anna Cruz. Would even be nice to know if they've moved into the 2nd quartile. I'll keep the thread updated for those who are in the same boat as us.
I can tell you they’re not in Q2 as I’m in Q1 and I’m still hoping for the phone call.

I was first quartile and was accepted earlier this week. So excited!

Reactions: 5 users
Seems like there are two students withdrew their acceptance this week, don't lose hope if you're still waiting!

Any ladies who get in last minute and need a place to live let me know!

Anyone willing to PM me the groupme link? Also don't have an fb like one of the above users

Just got an email from Anna to see if I'm still interested in a potential seat

• Love
Just got accepted!!! Can I get that group me link?

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats classmate! I belive we interviewed on the same day :)

Hey everyone! Long time lurker here. I figured I should add this post for future students who want to see how the waitlist is moving. I got the "are you still interested" email on 07/20/20 and was accepted yesterday morning! For reference, I was first quartile non-HP, and I'm from out of state, like almost 2,000 miles away out of state. I figured DMU had probably moved on to in-state students since we are so close to orientation and classes starting, so I was shocked at the acceptance! I can't wait to meet you all in just a few days! I guess those last minute waitlist acceptances really can happen!

Reactions: 6 users
I sent an application update Tuesday morning, and got an email back from Anna asking if I would be able to make the transition on short notice since orientation is so close. Hoping this is a good sign!

I sent an application update Tuesday morning, and got an email back from Anna asking if I would be able to make the transition on short notice since orientation is so close. Hoping this is a good sign!
That sounds really good, wishing you the best!

Is it totally unheard of for a spot to open up during orientation?