2019-2020 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will the white coat ceremony still be happening? or might be cancelled due to covid

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Those of you dead set on Marian, where do you plan on living at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know which model of iPad MU-COM provides?

Does anyone know which model of iPad MU-COM provides?
Hi DOctor2be,
You all will receive the 7th gen 10.2" wifi 128 GB iPad at orientation. The pen is not included.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi DOctor2be,
You all will receive the 7th gen 10.2" wifi 128 GB iPad at orientation. The pen is not included.
If we have an iPad Pro already, will we be able to use that instead of the iPad we are given? Thanks!

Hi DOctor2be,
Will we get to keep the iPad after we graduate, or will it need to be returned?

Members don't see this ad :)
If we have an iPad Pro already, will we be able to use that instead of the iPad we are given? Thanks!
Hi Joe,
You can use the iPad you have for everything except for tests. You will use your school iPad for tests.

Is there going to be another day people are going to be taken off the waitlist? Or is it going to be by slot that opens up?

Is there going to be another day people are going to be taken off the waitlist? Or is it going to be by slot that opens up?
Hi Med,
The next deposit deadline is 5/16 & 5/17, so we will accept from the alternate list on 5/18 if there are spots remaining. After Monday, we will accept from the alternate list as spots come available throughout the summer.

I was wondering, does anyone plan on withdrawing from Marian do to getting accepted at a different school?

Did anyone get accepted off of the waitlist today?

@MU COM Hi! I was looking at the computer requirements and notice that it mentions having an optical disc drive. I have been looking at buying a laptop that meets all of the other requirements, but it does not have a disc drive. Will this be an issue?

@MU COM Hi! I was looking at the computer requirements and notice that it mentions having an optical disc drive. I have been looking at buying a laptop that meets all of the other requirements, but it does not have a disc drive. Will this be an issue?
Hi 2be,
I have added the updated tech requirements from our IT department into the admissions portal on volume 2 of the DOctor Series. If you still have questions reach out to our admissions office!

Hi 2be,
I have added the updated tech requirements from our IT department into the admissions portal on volume 2 of the DOctor Series. If you still have questions reach out to our admissions office!
Thank you so much!

Hello! I was wondering when our financial packages would be sent. I haven't received anything yet. :)

@MU COM Do you know when the university will be making final plans for opening and/or if the fall semester schedule will change?

Anyone else have trouble setting up their marian account? I clicked on the link, copied/pasted my username and password, and it states that one of which is incorrect. I contacted the lady at the bottom of the email but just wanted to know if anyone else had a similar issue
I had the same problem & contacted IT. You have to click reset your password link instead of logging in with the password they gave you!

So I clicked on the link to reset password and put in my username but it still says access denied. I guess I will wait to contact IT tomorrow
I don’t remember exactly but I think I had to enter my personal email at some point. The IT dept will be able to help if you still can’t get it and they are very quick to respond!

I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday!!! Late to the party but so excited!

Does anyone know if we buy our own stethoscope and diagnostic supplies?

Does anyone know if we buy our own stethoscope and diagnostic supplies?
They provide you with a stethoscope, bp cuff, reflex hammer, tuning forks, etc. You also get a bag to put it all in.

anyone who bought a new laptop.. what did you get? looking for suggestions - preferably not a mac.

Anybody get accepted off of the waitlist recently?

Awesome it seems like they are accepting people off the waitlist on Fridays!

Reactions: 2 users
Awesome it seems like they are accepting people off the waitlist on Fridays!

Cool! And I got the acceptance via email, which lended to quite the heart stop when I saw the email thinking it was a rejection

Is there an accepted student Facebook group for our incoming class? And if there is, do we need to be invited to it?