2019-2020 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how long someone in my position has to decide about this school vs another school, in regards to “plan to enroll” options? Since I got the A today, and I already have selected “plan to enroll” to another school, how long do I have to decide to change my “plan to enroll” to nymc? the wording is confusing since the deadlines don’t apply to my situation. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long someone in my position has to decide about this school vs another school, in regards to “plan to enroll” options? Since I got the A today, and I already have selected “plan to enroll” to another school, how long do I have to decide to change my “plan to enroll” to nymc? the wording is confusing since the deadlines don’t apply to my situation. Thank you in advance!
I would email admissions to clarify

Reactions: 1 user
Yes if the email doesn't clarify, I believe AAMC sent an email stating that applicants have 5 business days. However, NYMC might have a different protocol.

I was also recently accepted and had selected PTE at another school. I e-mailed admissions and they told me I had 2 weeks to decide (regardless of the April 30th deadline). 2 weeks is what my e-mail said I'm not sure if yours says something different. The wording was confusing so I would definitely e-mail the school back so that you have in writing them confirming the timeline. Hope this helps!

I received an email from AAMC:

Admission Officer Protocol 6: After April 30, permit all applicants a minimum of five business days to respond to an acceptance offer. This may be reduced to a minimum of two business days within 30 days of the start of orientation.

I was also recently accepted and had selected PTE at another school. I e-mailed admissions and they told me I had 2 weeks to decide (regardless of the April 30th deadline). 2 weeks is what my e-mail said I'm not sure if yours says something different. The wording was confusing so I would definitely e-mail the school back so that you have in writing them confirming the timeline. Hope this helps!

Do they send over an FA package along with the acceptance? Just wondering if they give you this information to make an informed decision when comparing costs between your options.

Do they send over an FA package along with the acceptance? Just wondering if they give you this information to make an informed decision when comparing costs between your options.
No (edit: i was accepted last week) and i think FA will be sent later in may- june (no date was given). plan to make a decision without FA

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted this morning! I'm so grateful to have this monkey off my back. Trad applicant, ORM ethnic/URM sexual orientation, 3.6 GPA/518 MCAT.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted today! Interviewed 3/17. After two other post-II R's, this is my first acceptance and a nice change of pace. :)

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
@21Rush12 Thank you so much! I was accepted on 4/1 and I have so many questions :p
  1. How is exam week organized (i.e. are you given time off to prep for exams, are there usually several exams on the same day)?
  2. How accessible are professors if additional help is needed?
  3. How much clinical experience is offered prior to 3rd year?
  4. What kind of community service opportunities are available? I'd like to get out into the community relatively early in my education.
  5. Oh and how is the gym lol? :D

Withdrew my acceptance here last week. Wishing those on the waitlist much luck! This is a great school and its in an awesome location. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 8 users
Bruh NYMC making my heart drop with the COVID19 email. Why are they sending me it, I’m waitlisted

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Who else's heart just dropped from that email!??!?

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
smh if I make it through this cycle without passing out it’ll be a miracle

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Maybe they sent that to everyone they’re about take off the WL....

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
us: *patiently waiting for a response*
NYMC sending us that email: I'm about to end this whole mans career

Reactions: 2 users
When people e-mailed the terms and conditions form after acceptance did you receive a response?

Just got off the waitlist!!! Interviewed in Jan, WL in Feb

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Any current students have any insight into housing options? Insider knowledge about each type?

Any current students have any insight into housing options? Insider knowledge about each type?

Join the FB group if you haven't already! Upperclassmen give a lot of info on housing in there, and also link to a useful orientation document put together by upper class years for incoming M1s with an entire Housing section

When people e-mailed the terms and conditions form after acceptance did you receive a response?

I never received a response after sending it in >1 month ago

Is anyone thinking of living off campus or is everyone going to live on campus?

Is anyone thinking of living off campus or is everyone going to live on campus?
I’m going to live off-campus. I’ve had roommates for too long and I just can’t have that anymore ahhaha

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know yet or heard from any source, about whether or not fall semester will start remotely or in person?

Just got off the waitlist - how long do we have until we decide on a response? It says 2 weeks on the email but it seems a generic email not tailored to waitlisters. Thanks
If you look in the previous thread that email isn't generic and is tailored for waitlisters.

Just got off the waitlist - how long do we have until we decide on a response? It says 2 weeks on the email but it seems a generic email not tailored to waitlisters. Thanks

Congratulations! When did you interview? Also, did you submit an update letter or letter of intent?

According to AAMC, five business days. However, I'm sure each school has its own policy.

Admission Officer Protocol 6: After April 30, permit all applicants a minimum of five business days to respond to an acceptance offer. This may be reduced to a minimum of two business days within 30 days of the start of orientation.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there’s a way to meet people who want to live off campus - bc I wasn’t to live with roommates to make it cheaper but I don’t know if I can go back to dorm life

Does anyone know if there’s a way to meet people who want to live off campus - bc I wasn’t to live with roommates to make it cheaper but I don’t know if I can go back to dorm life
I think one way is to maybe study together?

I met my roommate here on SDN, most find them on the accepted students Facebook group.

• Wow