2020-2021 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: New York Medical College

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No secondary yet. But I saw one person received the payment link on reddit. Hoping mine is coming soon :/

+1 for no secondary yet.

Reactions: 1 user
My primary will be verified in the next few days, so I'm planning ahead. How strict are they on the graduate program letter of evaluation? I found a document that says for "Required Graduate School Letters of Evaluation":
If you have completed or are currently pursuing a graduate degree, in addition to the undergraduate letters outlined above the following graduate premedical advisory committee OR individual graduate letters of evaluation are required:

Premedical Advisory Committee Letter Instructions
  1. If you are submitting a committee letter from your graduate school, please check the appropriate box and enter the name of the graduate school you attend(ed).
  2. One (1) letter of evaluation is required from the Premedical Advisory Committee of your graduate program.
  3. A single letter of evaluation from the committee is preferred and will fulfill all graduate letters of evaluation requirements.
  4. A committee letter does not require the names of individual letter writers but must be signed by at least one of its members.
• Individual Letter Instructions
  1. One (1) letter from a faculty member in your graduate department is required who has either taught you in a graduate class or supervised independent research for which you received graduate credit.
  2. A letter from a graduate science faculty member can substitute for one (1) undergraduate science letter.

If I got a master's in education, do you think I need to get a letter of rec from my grad program? I finished 3 years ago, and it wasn't science related. The document makes it seem like the focus is on science graduate programs. I already have 5 letters: one post-bac committee letter, two from science undergrad post-bac professors, one from non-science undergrad professor, and one from from my supervisor (principal) when I was a teacher. Thanks!

Secondary received...

The only essay is 300 characters (including spaces) describing the impact of Covid-19

*Update this essay does include spaces as characters, it didn't seem like it was at first but that was my mistake...sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Secondary received...

The only essay is 300 characters (not including spaces) describing the impact of Covid-19
Required or optional? General effect of covid19 or just impact on your app?

Required or optional? General effect of covid19 or just impact on your app?

I believe it is required as there is nothing indicating that it is optional.
-Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider

I believe it is required as there is nothing indicating that it is optional.
-Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider
...what if I have none? Didnt lose my job, took MCAT well before...

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the secondary, but my primary hasn't even been verified. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat...

I received the secondary, but my primary hasn't even been verified. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat...
Same, just submitted by primary yesterday and got the secondary invite

That hasn’t happened to me yet with this school, but that’s the case for 2 other schools I’m applying to

Does anyone feel like there was an error and it was supposed to be 300 words limit on the COVID question??? 300 characters is just two-ish sentences. I can't possibly imagine fitting anything in that limit.

Reactions: 7 users
+1 secondary received and submitted. It would be wonderful if all secondaries were this straightforward.

Does anyone feel like there was an error and it was supposed to be 300 words limit on the COVID question??? 300 characters is just two-ish sentences. I can't possibly imagine fitting anything in that limit.
Honestly yeah, 300 characters is literally 3 sentences. I wrote what I could but I was like.... this doesn't feel right. Oh well!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone already processed but didn't receive secondary?

It does seem odd. For people who already submitted, would they return the secondary to re-do if they realize this was an error on their part? 300 characters is super low for a COVID prompt

+1, submitted primary weeks ago, but not yet verified. Just got the secondary!

It does seem odd. For people who already submitted, would they return the secondary to re-do if they realize this was an error on their part? 300 characters is super low for a COVID prompt

I emailed them and they said it was intentional to make it only 300 characters. If you want to write more they said you could email them and it would be added to your file.

Reactions: 6 users
It looks like they require one of your LOR to come from someone in your major.. I was not aware of this and I'm hoping they can make an exception for me (I have 2 science, 1 non science from my minor and 1 from a physician I worked for). I emailed them, but I doubt I'll hear back until next week.

Submitted and verified by July 10th and waiting on secondary still. OOS

Verified 7/16, secondary received 7/18, IS. No payment confirmation, but the portal changed to “secondary received” after payment.

That 300 character prompt was really something! Lol

Secondary received this morning, 7/19. Their instructions say NO Skype interviews. I hope that's just copied and pasted from a previous cycle...

Secondary received OOS - is anyone having issues paying? My payment keeps getting declined and I've tried a few cards

That 300 character COVID-19 essay is killer, especially if multiple things were impacted!

Secondary received OOS - is anyone having issues paying? My payment keeps getting declined and I've tried a few cards
Yes I called my card company and they said it's an issue with the payment host. The only card of mine that worked was a debit card. Otherwise you can send a check to the admissions office.

My Visa credit card wouldn't work and kept declining, but my Discover worked on the first try!

Secondary received this morning about an hour ago OOS. No issues with my Visa card first try which is good as I only have Visa cards haha

Canadian, secondary received a couple of hours ago but primary hasn't been verified yet!

OMG it's Sunday. I didn't know schools sent out secondaries over the weekend?!?!?!

Haha @ now having a 7 day week to worry about, rather than a 5 day week

• Haha