2019-2020 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Primary Completed: 9/12/19

Secondary Offered: 9/14/19

Secondary Completed: approximately 9/20/19 (can't find the exact date)

Rejection: 2/3/20
Sorry to hear this and thanks for telling us for statistics even though I know it can be difficult to tell others. Best wishes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when waitlist movement began in previous cycles? I know the waitlist email said most movement occurs between April and June, but I'm wondering if it will even start earlier.
I think we might have WL action at the Texas MD schools first in March, then if a few people leave TCOM for another offer that will set the stage for some TCOM WL offers.

Thank you bent1993! My trials have continued to shape me and those around me. I don't mind being an underdog - hopefully, my difficulty journeys and widened perspective will allow me to be a blessing to future patients and to serve my community! That's what it is all about.

Scrizzy, No problem! I'm super happy with the schools I was accepted into and found a crazy great match! I applied to TMDSAS to take advantage of my status as a Texas resident while I could... Honestly, I didn't expect to get into any TMDSAS schools - so competitive! I understood my stats and position, so I'm not butthurt. I'd like to provide as much information that I can help anyone else.

What's success if we hide our failures? Goodluck everyone!

I'm sorry to hear this. I see your dedication to improving your MCAT since '14 and am glad that you got several acceptances. Reinvention and perseverance I believe is rewarded in medicine, best of luck in your future!

Sorry to hear this and thanks for telling us for statistics even though I know it can be difficult to tell others. Best wishes.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have more information over the DO/MPH program? I'm interested in it but don't know that many people who are in the dual degree program? Just wondering if it's intense/ hard to manage and the average cost of the MPH program on top of the school.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet?

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off WL!

Congrats!! Can you share how they let you know that you had been accepted? Did they email you?

Also, did you send a letter of intent and an additional letter of Recommendation?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! Can you share how they let you know that you had been accepted? Did they email you?

Also, did you send a letter of intent and an additional letter of Recommendation?

Email and yes!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! But with WL movement, so returns the furious refreshing of email...

Accepted off the waitlist today!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off the waitlist today! Sent a letter of intent and an additional letter of recommendation. They let me know via email.

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist today! Sent a letter of intent and an additional letter of recommendation. They let me know via email.
By any chance did you have your writer for your LOR address it to the director of admissions?

Congrats! I hope to hear the same soon—I sent a letter of intent and an additional DO rec letter

Accepted off the waitlist today and was notified via the portal! I did not send any additional LORs or an LOI.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted off the waitlist today and was notified via the portal! I did not send any additional LORs or an LOI.
Wow that's so cool everyone so proud of you, look at you crush it.

• Love
Does a LOI and an additional LOR help? Starting to feel discouraged. Interviewed late September :(

Does anyone know when we can expect to receive financial aid package estimates?

Does anyone know when we can expect to receive financial aid package estimates?

I believe it comes out early May (around the first week or so), so be on the look out!

By any chance did you have your writer for your LOR address it to the director of admissions?

Yes, it was addressed to the Director of Admissions at the address provided on the Q&A sheet. I also called 2 weeks after it was sent to confirm it had been received/added to my file.

I was told during our interview that we'd be receiving Macbooks as part of the tech package included in our tuition. Can any current student give more details regarding the specs of these laptops (SSD size, screen size, processor, etc.)?

This quarantine has me a bit antsy, just wanted to send some positive vibes and let everyone know that I'm very excited to meet you all and be classmates for the TCOM class of 2024. It's going to be a wild, fun and intellectually invigorating journey I'm sure.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I was told during our interview that we'd be receiving Macbooks as part of the tech package included in our tuition. Can any current student give more details regarding the specs of these laptops (SSD size, screen size, processor, etc.)?

Would be a macbook pro with 13 inch screen. I'm a 3rd year and my specs were core i-5, 500 gb storage, and 16 gb of ram. No touchbar because it's a cheating hazard. I doubt they'll change it much for you guys.

Last edited:
Got accepted off the waitlist today!! Sent a letter of intent last night, got an email it was received this morning, got accepted this afternoon! Notified via email

Reactions: 9 users
Got accepted off the waitlist today!! Sent a letter of intent last night, got an email it was received this morning, got accepted this afternoon! Notified via email
Congrats! Hoping to hear the same thing soon.

Just withdrew my acceptance (oos). Good luck to everyone waiting!

Got accepted off the waitlist today!!! So happy! Literally my birthday tomorrow too, so this is the best birthday present ever!

Sent both the LOI and extra LOR.

• Love
Got accepted off the waitlist today!!! So happy! Literally my birthday tomorrow too, so this is the best birthday present ever!

Sent both the LOI and extra LOR.

Congrats!

For those of you accepted off the waitlist so far, was there an additional status sent to you/updated in your portal following the initial email sent out following match day?

Congrats!

For those of you accepted off the waitlist so far, was there an additional status sent to you/updated in your portal following the initial email sent out following match day?
My waitlist status changed to accepted on the portal. After I accepted the position, it changed again to "accepted a position" or something similar. Afterwards I had to send my final transcripts from the to do list and that's about it.

My waitlist status changed to accepted on the portal. After I accepted the position, it changed again to "accepted a position" or something similar. Afterwards I had to send my final transcripts from the to do list and that's about it.

Gotcha. But prior to learning of your acceptance, was your status "Review in progress" or was there an additional "waitlisted" status? I'm just trying to discern why the initial Feb 5th email specifically stated we were not yet on the waitlist/gauge where I might be on the waitlist(if at all).

Congrats again!

Gotcha. But prior to learning of your acceptance, was your status "Review in progress" or was there an additional "waitlisted" status? I'm just trying to discern why the initial Feb 5th email specifically stated we were not yet on the waitlist/gauge where I might be on the waitlist(if at all).

Congrats again!

I had the "waitlist" tag. It changed from "review in progress" to "waitlist" after match day. If your portal still says "review in progress" you might want to call them. Unless your a OOS applicant, I don't know if they go through the same process.

As for the Feb email, it had waitlist in the subject title of the email. At least for me it did.

For those of you who just got off the waitlist, how long did admissions give you to make a decision/ put down a deposit?

For those of you who just got off the waitlist, how long did admissions give you to make a decision/ put down a deposit?
2 weeks. No deposit.

Has anyone's status changed from “review in progress” recently?

Last edited:
Just got good news from my top choice (tcom is a close second), so I will be withdrawing my spot here!

Hey y'all, Ill be applying this coming cycle. On the TCOM website it says we can submit a DO letter of rec straight to TCOM, so I'm assuming this is not through TMDSAS. Would this be on the secondary then? How do you do this? I can get a letter from a physician who graduated from TCOM a while ago, would it significantly help my app?

I am a medsci as well, and my status on the portal has always been "waitlist". I am not exactly sure why there are 2 different statuses within medsci students themselves.
I’m a regular applicant and have been under review since Feb.

Anyone feel like there just hasn't been that much waitlist movement this year compared to years past?

Reactions: 2 users
It may seem like it. We still a lot of time for some more movement. Also, SDN is a very small fraction of what is happening. A lot of people dont use this forum or do use it and just dont share their activity. Best of lucK!