2019-2020 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At this time, after prematch received, is there anything else to do other than go into the portal and accept? Did you all get an email to confirm that you accepted the offer?

Members don't see this ad.

At this time, after prematch received, is there anything else to do other than go into the portal and accept? Did you all get an email to confirm that you accepted the offer?

I did not get any type of confirmation email after accepting in the portal.

Reactions: 1 user
I am OOS with LM score of 68. I was waitlisted at this school. It is my top school. Anyone know what the odds are being OOS I end up getting accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would y'all say that the next batch of pre-matches would probably come in the next two weeks or so? Just trying to get a feel for how this works so I'm not refreshing my email every hour haha

Would y'all say that the next batch of pre-matches would probably come in the next two weeks or so? Just trying to get a feel for how this works so I'm not refreshing my email every hour haha

According to the previous years, it has been every 2 weeks but who knows this year.

Received an II last week!
LM 68.9
Complete by end of August

I had a few questions regarding the agenda email they sent us.

What exactly is the "file check" with the admissions staff? They have MMIs scheduled before this. Is this like a traditional, open file interview? Or is it just for verification purposes? If this is not that, is there an actual sit down interview at any point? the file check has a time slot of over 90 minutes

What do they serve as refreshments?

Reactions: 2 users
What exactly is the "file check" with the admissions staff? They have MMIs scheduled before this. Is this like a traditional, open file interview? Or is it just for verification purposes? If this is not that, is there an actual sit down interview at any point? the file check has a time slot of over 90 minutes

It is just for verification. For example, they took me in and simply asked if the University of ... was the one I attended or is this address on file updated/correct. The reason it takes 90 minutes is because they bring only one interviewee in at a time so it takes a long time to go through every one of us in the group.

Sorry if this has already been asked but does TCOM accept additional letter of recs? Was wanting to send one from a DO I recently shadowed

Sorry if this has already been asked but does TCOM accept additional letter of recs? Was wanting to send one from a DO I recently shadowed
All supporting docs like letters were due by October 15. But you can talk about the time you spent there during an interview if you wish.

Reactions: 1 users
LM 68.9

The "file check" consists of admissions staff pulling you aside, one-by-one, during and intermission period and verifying that all the information in your application is still accurate. For example, if you added or dropped a class, dropped a minor, added or discontinued an activity, these are all things that they want to reverify with you.

Refreshments consist of things like coffee, lemonade, bagels, and other breakfast pastries in the morning and, assuming nothing has changed, they will cater Panera for lunch.

LM 68.9

Nice! I was complete the second week of September, so maybe they’ll get to my application in the next week or two and extend an interview invite to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! I was complete the second week of September, so maybe they’ll get to my application in the next week or two and extend an interview invite to me.
i have still been waiting since July 23rd. Hoping I wasnt passed up

I did not get any type of confirmation email after accepting in the portal.
I know other schools ask you to put a deposit down after accepting the offer and I was surprised when they didn't ask for one. Just want to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Did any of yall get redirected to put in a deposit?

I know other schools ask you to put a deposit down after accepting the offer and I was surprised when they didn't ask for one. Just want to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Did any of yall get redirected to put in a deposit?

No I was not, just to accept the offer that’s all.

I was too even before you June 23rd, this means that we got rejected. Good luck though for your other applications!

That’s not necessarily true. The dean at their open house mentioned they continuously re-review applications for interviews through out the cycle.

Last edited:
Most of the Texas schools do not ask for a deposit :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just gave up my prematch seat, hope one of y’all receives it!!

Reactions: 7 users
Received II today! finally, haha. complete back in June!

Reactions: 3 users

Refreshments consist of things like coffee, lemonade, bagels, and other breakfast pastries in the morning and, assuming nothing has changed, they will cater Panera for lunch.

First off, congratulations on the interview invite - I hope to meet you during the campus tours! The refreshments are the above along with fresh fruit as well. As for lunch, last month they catered taco bowls and I believe this month they are doing pasta.

checked my portal tonight and it now says "no active application," whereas it had always said "1 active application" previously. Does this mean I've been rejected? Anyone else experience this?

• Wow
That’s really odd.... I’ll keep checking and let you know if mine changes. Maybe it’s an error? Let me know if it goes back to normal.

Thanks I appreciate it! Do you think I should call and ask what's up?

Thanks I appreciate it! Do you think I should call and ask what's up?

If you’re super worried about it, you could. They’re really nice over there. I had to call about a letter at the beginning of the cycle and they were very friendly. I’d say go for it if it would ease your concerns, especially since there are a few others with the same status.

checked my portal tonight and it now says "no active application," whereas it had always said "1 active application" previously. Does this mean I've been rejected? Anyone else experience this?

In the past, the portal going from "This application is under review" to "This application has been reviewed" was highly correlated with rejection.

I'm not sure how it is this year or if those words can even still be found on the portal. I would call if you're unsure, although the chances that you get a vague answer are pretty high.

Without precedence, I easily think that portal change could go either way.

Complete 9/4 and my status is “in review”. No interview invite, but did get an email about a month ago stating their portal would be down for updates or something along those lines that apparently didn’t go out to everyone, so it may have been targeted.

I spoke with the admissions team concerning the "No active application" problem that we've been experiencing and it was a glitch in their system that they are working on. Make sure you are checking your status through my.hsc.unt.edu NOT my.unt.edu. My application shows active in the first site but not the second even though it was available on myUNT prior to today.

Also, they are about halfway through interviews for the cycle and plan to continue reading applications into December. TCOM will not be sending out any rejections until after all interviews have been completed and they decide that they will not be adding any future interview dates. So, rejections won't come until February or so.

Hopefully this reduces everyone's stress/anxiety about their application here! Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
I spoke with the admissions team concerning the "No active application" problem that we've been experiencing and it was a glitch in their system that they are working on. Make sure you are checking your status through my.unt.hsc.edu NOT my.unt.edu. My application shows active in the first site but not the second even though it was available on myUNT prior to today.

Also, they are about halfway through interviews for the cycle and plan to continue reading applications into December. TCOM will not be sending out any rejections until after all interviews have been completed and they decide that they will not be adding any future interview dates. So, rejections won't come until February or so.

Hopefully this reduces everyone's stress/anxiety about their application here! Good luck!
Thank you for checking into this!

I spoke with the admissions team concerning the "No active application" problem that we've been experiencing and it was a glitch in their system that they are working on. Make sure you are checking your status through my.unt.hsc.edu NOT my.unt.edu. My application shows active in the first site but not the second even though it was available on myUNT prior to today.

An angel. thank you for the update!!

Any out of state people here back from here? Interviewed 10/8 and I know it's too soon right now, but was wondering if anybody had an idea of their OOS turn around time.

Pre-Matched today, accepted my seat. Interviewed first weekend of September.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Prematched!! 10/1 interview. I'm so happy, I was going to go to KCU for almost $30k/year MORE, TCOM has always been my number one choice! :nailbiting:

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
interviewing 10/29, i know this is after the first day of the prematch period but would I still be eligible to receive a prematch up until Dec 31?

interviewing 10/29, i know this is after the first day of the prematch period but would I still be eligible to receive a prematch up until Dec 31?
Acceptances seem to go out in waves, based on last years thread it looked like there were 3 waves. I got accepted last thursday about a week after the prematch which was kind of weird. I would think that there won't be another wave until mid november but I'm not sure as this is the first time the prematch was changed to Oct 15.

Got my II on 10/23, submitted my secondary on 9/2 and got my interview agenda today (for 11/15). I saw some people talking about file reviews during the interview day but I don't have that on mine? So uhh... do they not care about my file? Is this a pity interview?

Got my II on 10/23, submitted my secondary on 9/2 and got my interview agenda today (for 11/15). I saw some people talking about file reviews during the interview day but I don't have that on mine? So uhh... do they not care about my file? Is this a pity interview?

It probably was an oversight. Nothing to get worried about.