2019-2020 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@doctorateintraderjoeswine Congrats! Was it for the main campus or Inova?
Thanks! It was for the main campus. I ultimately turned the offer down mainly because I'm OOS and money -- I hope it goes to one of y'all!

Members don't see this ad.

with harvard going online for first year med school, anyone has the slightest idea what UVA Fall plan for med school look like? im about to sign a lease but any input/info/rumor would be greatly appreciated

Accepted off the waitlist today! Can't believe it! Good luck to all still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@omegalulz I would probably hold off on committing to any lease agreements until mid-June. UVA President Jim Ryan was on CBS's Face the Nation on Sunday, where he stated they are going to make a formal decision on Fall classes by June 15th and make an announcement for everyone. At this point, it is definitely a possibility that fall classes could be totally online. But, at this point, everything is conjecture and at least by that date you can have a definitive answer.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, I was recently accepted off the waitlist and was just wondering if anyone knew if there’s an accepted students Facebook group and/ or GroupMe

Hey everyone, I was recently accepted off the waitlist and was just wondering if anyone knew if there’s an accepted students Facebook group and/ or GroupMe

Both! Here’s the link to the FB group:

You can find the GroupMe there, as well :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, I also got off the waitlist recently and I was wondering if I had missed any important emails sent to admitted students before my acceptance. I've gotten the emails about the pre-matriculation tasks but not much else. Specifically, I was curious if anything was sent regarding roommates/housing. I know there is no student housing, but was there anything sent to facilitate incoming student roommate matching?

Thanks!

Hi everyone, I also got off the waitlist recently and I was wondering if I had missed any important emails sent to admitted students before my acceptance. I've gotten the emails about the pre-matriculation tasks but not much else. Specifically, I was curious if anything was sent regarding roommates/housing. I know there is no student housing, but was there anything sent to facilitate incoming student roommate matching?

Thanks!

Fyi, there is student housing for graduate students. Not sure if they still have any available spot but I don't think it hurts to reach out.
Source: I applied and was offered a spot a few weeks ago

Just got the secondary!

Prompts:
1 - Why are you interested in attending the University of Virginia School of Medicine? What factors will be most important to you in choosing a medical school?
2 - How will you contribute to the diversity of your medical school class and the University of Virginia School of Medicine?
3 - Describe a situation which you found challenging. How did you manage it?

@PapaGuava
Is it 350 word maximum on each one? Thanks!

Just got accepted off the WL... I'm seriously in shock because I'm pretty much dead set on attending my current school/ first choice, but cost here would be significantly less...

• Wow