2019-2020 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Update: Second Look is now officially canceled

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Well that changed a lot from 9:15 this morning

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Lol anyone still going? I have an expensive flight I’m showin up

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah my hotel and flights are already booked I might still go? Haha

If y’all go. We can meet up. I live like an hour away and know some bomb ass restaurants (tacos, Turkish, Peruvian chicken...).

Reactions: 2 users
If y’all go. We can meet up. I live like an hour away and know some bomb ass restaurants (tacos, Turkish, Peruvian chicken...).
Also we can get wasted without worrying about med students secretly taking notes /s

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
yeah I’m flying somewhere after CVille so sorta need to go. Whoever comes let’s meet up!!

Definitely down to meet up. I’ll be in Charlottesville anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how likely it is that we get a merit scholarship?

So I never got a Certphi email and I contacted them only to have them tell me to contact the school directly. Any suggestions as to who I should reach out to at UVA?

So I never got a Certphi email and I contacted them only to have them tell me to contact the school directly. Any suggestions as to who I should reach out to at UVA?

Are you talking about a Certphi email from UVA specifically or a general one from AMCAS cause I only got one from AMCAS

Are you talking about a Certphi email from UVA specifically or a general one from AMCAS cause I only got one from AMCAS

Either. I haven’t received anything from Certphi or AMCAS about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either. I haven’t received anything from Certphi or AMCAS about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked your spam? I think my certiphi email intially got placed in there. Beyond that, I'd recommend just calling the admissions desk; they could tell you who to contact

Is anyone actually showing up to this virtual second look

How is this virtual second look taking place because I got the cancellation email but never details on how I would join

Do you mind sharing her email so I can contact her please? Or know her last name so I could look it up on my own perhaps
Yea it’s wyant. You could just call the admin office or pm me for the zoom link. I doubt they’d care if I shared it

This just makes me more sad. I was looking forward to the free food and swag during second look so much

Did I hear correctly that for our year we’ll take step 1 post clerkship??? Like is that confirmed or was he saying they’re considering it.

I had to dip out early from second look. Does anyone know how to access the recording/where to find it? Thanks

Just got my financial aid package and it’s all federal loans. I vaguely remember them saying that the institutional loan is practically handed out and my EFC isn’t that high so idk. Anyone else in the same boat?

Just got my financial aid package and it’s all federal loans. I vaguely remember them saying that the institutional loan is practically handed out and my EFC isn’t that high so idk. Anyone else in the same boat?
Did they email you the package or it's on the portal?

Maybe you’ll get hit with a merit scholarship soon!

• Love
rumor has it UVA won't release merit aid info until Apr 15-ish but dont quote me

• Sad
  • Wow
during second look i think they said uva doesn't have too much money for merit scholarships so unfortunately I'm not banking on that :(

• Sad
Does anyone know if we select UVA as our commit to enroll on April 30th would I still be able to stay on my in-state schools waitlist and withdraw from all others? Thanks y’all

Does anyone know if we select UVA as our commit to enroll on April 30th would I still be able to stay on my in-state schools waitlist and withdraw from all others? Thanks y’all
I believe Commit to Enroll means you drop all of your waitlists, while selecting Plan To Enroll allows you to stay on other schools’ waitlists.

I believe Commit to Enroll means you drop all of your waitlists, while selecting Plan To Enroll allows you to stay on other schools’ waitlists.

So essentially we have to have made a binding decision by April 30? How does that work if most waitlists don’t move until after that?

So essentially we have to have made a binding decision by April 30? How does that work if most waitlists don’t move until after that?
No, commit to enroll just becomes an option then. We don’t have to commit to enroll until sometime in July for UVA (each school sets their own date). So on April 30, you can pick plan to enroll for UVA and stay on your waitlists.

You select plan to enroll on April 30. The commit to enroll deadline isn't until the beginning of July.

You don't have to commit to enroll on April 30th. You can remain on plan to enroll until 3 weeks before orientation where you must by then select commit to enroll and withdraw from all waitlists. The only thing you should do by April 30th is hold only one acceptance, but you can remain on waitlists.