2019-2020 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know if people that interviewed later are more likely to get off the waitlist? I interviewed in december but from what I've seen it seems most people in the past that were accepted from the waitlist interviewed in march/april

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 5 users
Also withdrew my acceptance this week! Best of luck to all of you!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know waitlist movement is likely to start sometime in the coming weeks but has anyone who is waitlisted heard anything recently? Do you think it's time we start sending a letter of intent? I'm praying for all us who would like to attend here

I know waitlist movement is likely to start sometime in the coming weeks but has anyone who is waitlisted heard anything recently? Do you think it's time we start sending a letter of intent? I'm praying for all us who would like to attend here
WL movement started about a month ago (at least that's when I was accepted off the WL), so I would definitely send a letter of intent.

Reactions: 2 users
With April 30th coming up, I’d say get it in ASAP

Just got into the Bridge program as well! Thank you everyone on here for the insight and encouragement. Keep the faith! ❤

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Please update us on any med or bridge acceptance withdrawals. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far! God bless u all! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For all who were accepted to Bridge, congrats on getting into THE best program in the world!

.....obviously biased Bridge alum c/o 2016, about to graduate with my M.D. :soexcited:
Congratulations!!! Hoping to be just like you come 2025

For all who were accepted to Bridge, congrats on getting into THE best program in the world!

.....obviously biased Bridge alum c/o 2016, about to graduate with my M.D. :soexcited:
Congrats on finishing medical school! :) Do you know if people did not hear back about the Bridge yet that means they will not be accepted into it/ do you know if all the decisions given on the same day?

Congrats on finishing medical school! :) Do you know if people did not hear back about the Bridge yet that means they will not be accepted into it/ do you know if all the decisions given on the same day?
Not necessarily. As you can imagine, some people will choose DO or another MD acceptance elsewhere. From what I understand, 12ish Bridge acceptances go out and if they all accept, then that’s it. If some decline then it goes to the next until the class is filled.

FWIW, my Bridge class had several students who turned down acceptances elsewhere with 0 regrets

Hi everyone, does FSU COM give out scholarships? If so when do they usually let students know that they have or will receive a scholarship?

Hi everyone, does FSU COM give out scholarships? If so when do they usually let students know that they have or will receive a scholarship?
I believe scholarship apps open some time during the summer semester

Hi guys! any WL acceptances since April 30th?? hope we hear some good news this week :)

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys know whether or not the waitlist is ranked? Thank you :)

Do you guys know whether or not the waitlist is ranked? Thank you :)
I remember at the interview I was told people on the waitlist are given a score, but I don't know if that means they pick from the list in the exact order of high to lower scores or if that just helps guide their decisions as spots open up, and I was never told what my "score" is

Just got accepted to my #1 school, so withdrawing my app from FSUCOM. Good luck guys!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
has anyone heard anything or know if they have started pulling from the waitlist yet?

has anyone heard anything or know if they have started pulling from the waitlist yet?
I’m not sure if waitlist movement has happened yet (I think someone earlier in this thread may have said they got off the WL but idk) BUT accepted students received an email yesterday asking that we commit to enroll by May 7 as a courtesy for waitlist students. So there may still be some WL movement to come :)

I’m not sure if waitlist movement has happened yet (I think someone earlier in this thread may have said they got off the WL but idk) BUT accepted students received an email yesterday asking that we commit to enroll by May 7 as a courtesy for waitlist students. So there may still be some WL movement to come :)
okkk thank you for the update!! :)

Anyone hear of any movement today? Thanks!

Someone I know got in off the waitlist yesterday. The interviewed in April.

Yeah...really not liking my chances. I interviewed in November and it's looking like its true that they are more likely to accept people who interviewed March-April off the waitlist.

Yeah...really not liking my chances. I interviewed in November and it's looking like its true that they are more likely to accept people who interviewed March-April off the waitlist.
From what I read on this thread and previous threads, like you said, most people who said they got off the waitlist interviewed in March and April. I wonder why that is.

From what I read on this thread and previous threads, like you said, most people who said they got off the waitlist interviewed in March and April. I wonder why that is.
I'm not sure. Theoretically earlier interviews=stronger applicants right?

That was also something my class (and the one above) always questioned. I know FSUCOM likes to interview their FSU students in the first several weeks, so the second half of interviews usually consisted of undergrads from other FL schools. Maybe they wanted to add some school diversity from the second half of interviewees since most of the 'non-FSU undergrads' in my class interviewed later in the cycle.

Got my post interview rejection today. It was a pleasure being considered here and making it this far! Just posting this at it might give some of you an idea of your place in consideration and waitlist movement. To all those others rejected, I shall see you in next years thread. Good luck everyone!

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Got my post interview rejection today. It was a pleasure being considered here and making it this far! Just posting this at it might give some of you an idea of your place in consideration and waitlist movement. To all those others rejected, I shall see you in next years thread. Good luck everyone!
thank you for letting us know, seriously wishing you the best of luck next cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm not sure. Theoretically earlier interviews=stronger applicants right?
I believe people who interviewed late are mainly waitlisted because the majority acceptances have been sent out already to those who applied earlier. If those later interviewees have a higher score they are placed at the top of waiting list before those who interviewed earlier and had a lower score.

Yes, thank you for sharing. I wish you all the best!! :)

A friend of mine just got off the WL today!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing; have fun in Tallanasty y’all this little collegetown will always have a place in my heart

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I really wish they'd just send my post interview rejection already. I mean at this point we're like a week out from classes so how many open spots can there be? I just want to work on next years apps without psychotically checking my inbox for false hope

• Sad
I really wish they'd just send my post interview rejection already. I mean at this point we're like a week out from classes so how many open spots can there be? I just want to work on next years apps without psychotically checking my inbox for false hope

Ughh I feel your pain since this was me last year! I know the admin may be busy since the class of 2020 is graduating this Saturday. I hope you guys hear something soon, since I know how stressful these last few weeks in the cycle are.

Hey everyone,

I am applying this cycle to this school and am pre-writing the secondary. I was wondering for the "Fun and Diversion" question, is it okay to restate what was located on the primary app, since I already touched on my hobbies there.

Hey everyone,

I am applying this cycle to this school and am pre-writing the secondary. I was wondering for the "Fun and Diversion" question, is it okay to restate what was located on the primary app, since I already touched on my hobbies there.
It's definitely okay! I would word it differently and highlight different aspects of those hobbies though. As long as you don't copy and paste, you should be fine.

It's definitely okay! I would word it differently and highlight different aspects of those hobbies though. As long as you don't copy and paste, you should be fine.
Copy that, thank you for the reply!
In the "critical analysis" question, would you recommend including a discussion of my weaknesses too and how I am working to improve them or just focusing on my strengths?
By weaknesses, I mean those that you would answer to getting asked, "What is your biggest weakness?" not lapses in academic performance.

Not yet. What time are they supposed to come? Like I got my hold email at like 5:20 pm over a month ago
Not sure there is a specific time they should come. I think at this point it might just be trickle down movements, as the class is full and they offer acceptances as people slowly withdraw.

Not sure there is a specific time they should come. I think at this point it might just be trickle down movements, as the class is full and they offer acceptances as people slowly withdraw.
How do you know it’s full? I mean I assumed it was but did they say something