2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did people who submitted secondaries receive complete emails? I submitted 7/7 and haven't heard anything about my app being complete even though the status shows everything in on the portal. I have not been receiving the emails about the interviewing or shadowing so I am guessing this may be why?
I received an email on 7/7 indicating that my secondary was received and will be reviewed for completion. Everything shows complete in the portal, but I haven’t received an actual complete email either yet.

Members don't see this ad.

So submitting one primary to any location will put you into consideration for all the locations, am I understanding that right?
Yes as long as you indicate which locations you want to be considered for in the secondary you only need to submit 1 primary

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Alrighttyyy so I emailed them a little while ago and they got back to me (super nice by the way): they have my MCAT score on file, and my application is still being reviewed to see if they want to send me a secondary. She said it can take a while because of the large applicant pool. So I imagine all the others who are waiting for a secondary are in the same boat. I think if they wanted to outright reject us, they would have.

Reactions: 3 users
Alrighttyyy so I emailed them a little while ago and they got back to me (super nice by the way): they have my MCAT score on file, and my application is still being reviewed to see if they want to send me a secondary. She said it can take a while because of the large applicant pool. So I imagine all the others who are waiting for a secondary are in the same boat. I think if they wanted to outright reject us, they would have.
Thanks for the update, I'm rooting for you!

Reactions: 1 users
Are they marking application as complete WITHOUT the MCAT scores or not?

Are they marking application as complete WITHOUT the MCAT scores or not?
I do not have an official MCAT score yet. My secondary was marked complete on 8/5 after submission on 8/4/20. Hope this info helps!

Thank you!!! :) IS; submitted secondary 07/9, complete 08/2

MCAT: 503
cGPA: 3.72
sGPA: 3.59
congrats!! another question for you -- did you mark the virginia campus as your first choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good job, I am looking for hopefully the Auburn campus to hit me up. I don't know if those interviews have been sent yet.

Have any OOS applicants gotten interviews after being marked completed around July 31 or August 1?

Did you all receive a complete email or are you just marked complete on the portal? I haven't received anything since the email stating that they would review my application for completeness, etc.

Did you all receive a complete email or are you just marked complete on the portal? I haven't received anything since the email stating that they would review my application for completeness, etc.
I haven't received a complete email, and I got the email you're talking about on 07/20, soooo i have no clue lol

II received. in state applicant. 8/13, 1:00 pm

Reactions: 2 users
I got a complete email two times since I submitted it.

Congrats!!! What were your stats and when were you completed if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks man!
MCAT 506 (125/126/127/128)
cGPA: 3.65
sGPA: 3.62
IS applicant with one Gap year, ORM

II received!! This is my second cycle and omg does it feel good to get an interview!!! I am so excited! I submitted 7/13 and was complete 8/03 (letters took awhile lmao)

Reactions: 4 users
II received last night! Submitted my secondary 8/3 and was marked complete 8/5

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyone else who submitted their secondary around 7/7 with all necessary materials and has not received a complete email? My application is complete under the status tab so I am unsure whether to reach out.

Is there anyone else who submitted their secondary around 7/7 with all necessary materials and has not received a complete email? My application is complete under the status tab so I am unsure whether to reach out.

I submitted 7/26 but haven’t received a complete email yet. I’m OOS as well

Congrats on the II's everyone! Does anyone know how long it takes them to decide if they're giving you a secondary if you're one of the applicants who they're reviewing further pre-secondary?

Congrats on the II's everyone! Does anyone know how long it takes them to decide if they're giving you a secondary if you're one of the applicants who they're reviewing further pre-secondary?
Wondering the same! I submitted 7/13 and haven’t received a secondary yet either.

I submitted 7/26 but haven’t received a complete email yet. I’m OOS as well
I emailed them on July 23rd about not receiving a complete and was told that they have a lot of applicants and it may be delayed due to that. I got the "Thank you for sending your secondary" email on 8/10. For reference, I submitted my secondary app on June 29th so it's taking them a WHILE!

Wondering the same! I submitted 7/13 and haven’t received a secondary yet either.

I submitted in mid June so I'm getting worried... the only thing that's holding me up (I imagine) is that my sGPA is 3.18 and if you're under 3.2 they put you in the "further review" pile...

Yeah same! I submitted mine a week or so later but I feel you. No complete email here either.

Has anyone that signed up for the first date of VCOM's virtual shadowing thing heard anything back yet?

Hi! Has anyone been marked complete around early August but has not recieve an email about VCOM's virtual shadowing?

Has anyone that signed up for the first date of VCOM's virtual shadowing thing heard anything back yet?
I just got the email providing the link for the first date of VCOM's virtual shadowing zoom meeting (Aug 19th).

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted my secondary 7/27, but have yet to receive a complete email. For those that have received a complete email, how long did it take?

I submitted my secondary 7/27, but have yet to receive a complete email. For those that have received a complete email, how long did it take?
I submitted on 7/7 and still have not received an email. There is a complete check mark under status though.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't received a complete email either, and I submitted a week before you. Time to play the waiting game! lol

Are II only communicated by phone, or do they also send an email?

Got an email 3 weeks ago that says I'm missing LOR, got my LOR uploaded 2 weeks ago and it still doesn't show up on the portal. Should I email them to let them know they've sent it in or would they review it again soon for completion?

Got an email 3 weeks ago that says I'm missing LOR, got my LOR uploaded 2 weeks ago and it still doesn't show up on the portal. Should I email them to let them know they've sent it in or would they review it again soon for completion?

I emailed them because that also happened to me and they responded and marked me complete that same day

Did you get a complete email? Or just marked complete in the portal?

I never got a complete email, just in the portal. But the admissions staff confirmed I was complete in their email response to me

I was wondering the same thing. I submitted my secondary the first of the month but just had my physician letter uploaded a couple days ago. I think I'll just email them since it seems like they're pretty receptive