2020-2021 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else not get a response back yet for scheduling a meeting with that representative who sent the outreach email?
I received a response. Scheduled for next week. Agree with @EpilepticRat, though. It's just for more information, no influence on admissions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks!! That reassured me because Mayo is my top choice so I was nervous this was a bad sign!
I wouldn't invest too much energy into reading into SDN pertaining to Mayo. I've mentioned in this thread before, but whether it's receiving the scored email, getting a highly ranked email, sending LOIntent/Interest, response from interviewers (or not) when sending letters....there are so many variables that people here assign meaning where there may not be much. There is evidence from current students represented across the spectrum of these categories. Easier said than done, but try to not stress until those first calls come out in mid-February.

I did recently learn this:
Mayo does a few days of calls when acceptances start going out. They don't over-accept and only send the A to the expected class size. The A calls are followed by rejection emails. If you've interviewed but are not in either of these waves, it sounds like there is a high chance of getting wait listed. There is some WL movement, but they save them for another round of As (rather than call when seats open).

SOURCE: (current M4 in Rochester)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those that interviewed, what were the type of behavioral questions you were asked during your interviews? Can you provide an example?

For those that interviewed, what were the type of behavioral questions you were asked during your interviews? Can you provide an example?
I can only go off of my interview experience, but it seemed like the questions were a bit more situational, rather than behavioral (though maybe those are the same thing lol). They were pretty much what you would expect out of typical situational / MMI questions. Like, how do you resolve certain conflicts, how would you respond if there was an unforeseen challenge, or if something didn't go as you'd expected, etc. I would google "situational MMI practice questions" and go over those!

Also, don't be too nervous about the behavioral questions! Neither of my interviewers really asked me any curveballs. The most I got were a few of the standard "can you tell me about a time when..." but those were few and far between. Most of my interviews were very conversational and relaxed,

Also, don't be too nervous about the behavioral questions! Neither of my interviewers really asked me any curveballs. The most I got were a few of the standard "can you tell me about a time when..." but those were few and far between. Most of my interviews were very conversational and relaxed,
Same here - it's really not bad. I had a weird day and tripped myself up unfortunately, but it's nothing out of the ordinary or nothing made to stress you out, at least on the interviewers' end. Be comfortable with yourself and your answers and you'll probably do great!

Got a pre-II R with probably the shortest rejection email I've received so far :lol:

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
R just now, complete mid-July

Good luck to everyone else! Hope ya'll get what you're after.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
R after pre-II hold. Complete mid July, was waiting for that one

Pre-II R after hold like others above

Received the R here as well after a long hold.

• Care
Got the R after a long long hold, too bad, so sad - Mayo is such an amazing school. Congrats to all those who got interviews, i bet you are very very special :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Finally got the R today (pre-II).

Kind of glad I don’t have to change my password again.

• Haha
Got the hold late December, R this morning. Why would they not just reject me a month ago? Oh well, best of luck to the rest of y'all!

• Care
Pre-II R today after an interview hold for a few weeks. good luck to those still standing!

+1 on the Pre-II R. OOS, complete mid August, hold mid September.

+1 R, hold in September I believe. Of all the R's I've gotten, "we have decided to pursue other applicants" made me laugh idk why :lol:

Hey Im not sure if this campus has been having administrators reach out to schedule zoom calls post interview, but if so, have any of you had that zoom call yet? Mine is in a few days (interviewed for AZ) and idk how to prep/what to expect

Hey Im not sure if this campus has been having administrators reach out to schedule zoom calls post interview, but if so, have any of you had that zoom call yet? Mine is in a few days (interviewed for AZ) and idk how to prep/what to expect
Mine was supposed to be in a day but I haven't heard anything back with the Zoom link or info yet.

Mine was supposed to be in a day but I haven't heard anything back with the Zoom link or info yet.
Maybe email them? I received my "intinerary" with zoom links 11 days before the interview!

My Zoom invite came the night before as well! The post-interview chat w/ administrator was super informal, basically just boiled down to an extra chance to ask about the school and the rest of the admissions process.

• Love
My Zoom invite came the night before as well! The post-interview chat w/ administrator was super informal, basically just boiled down to an extra chance to ask about the school and the rest of the admissions process.
Thank you!

Who do we address in a letter of intent or interest? And do we upload it on the portal?

Who do we address in a letter of intent or interest? And do we upload it on the portal?
I addressed it to the dean of admissions but I think you could address it to the members of the admissions committee if you wanted. I just uploaded it to the portal since that's what their correspondence information sheet instructed. It does make me nervous that no one will actually see it since you don't get a confirmation or anything, but that's what they say to do haha.

FYI they just sent out an email saying that interviewing is concluding with the MD applicants.

Looks like February 22nd is the first day of acceptance phone calls this year! Just got an "Application Updates and Timeline" email from them stating that.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Looks like February 22nd is the first day of acceptance phone calls this year! Just got an "Application Updates and Timeline" email from them stating that.
I get them wanting students who want them, but damn, they really are trying to coax a Letter of Intent out of us aren't they?

I get them wanting students who want them, but damn, they really are trying to coax a Letter of Intent out of us aren't they?

It is pretty forward, but at least they've been consistent in their messaging. I know from last year's thread that they had sent out a "Still interested?" email asking interviewees to respond by a certain date regarding their level of interest. If they didn't, supposedly Mayo would consider the student no longer interested in the school. Based on that, I think this year's email is better in my opinion since it's not demanding for a statement or else.

I'm guessing the "Application Updates and Timeline" email was sent to everyone, or is this the mythical "highly interested" email? It seems generically worded.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the "Application Updates and Timeline" email was sent to everyone, or is this the mythical "highly interested" email? It seems generically worded.
I don’t think it’s a “highly interested” email. This is the first email they’ve sent me (other than answering their survey) since my interview in mid November and I already sent a LOI

Can someone explain the mysterious "highly likely" or "highly interested" email? Threads from previous years aren't super clear on what it is, and today's email didn't seem like one.

Basically some people receive emails saying they were "highly ranked" by the admissions committee, someone in the Arizona thread reported getting one a while ago. Not too sure about the "highly likely" emails tho
ok, thank you! It sounds like if we get it, it will be clear that it's individualized.

I believe so. I got it too.

Does anyone have any insight in sending another LOI in response to this email if we already had sent one in before?