2020-2021 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, since people WL'd from March are being accepted, does this mean that they are no longer looking at people WL'd in Jan or Feb anymore?
Yeah doesn't seem like theyre going by interview date - myby theyre going by MCAT score? Seemed to be what they looked at heavily for interviews this yr and in previous

Members don't see this ad.

Will be withdrawing my A from here! Was a very difficult choice! Good luck to you all! :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off Alternate list Thursday morning! Super grateful but I will be declining. One more spot for those still waiting!

Just got accepted off the waitlist! Very thankful for the opportunity, but I will be declining. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted student checklist populated for me today! No call or email yet. Interviewed mid-May, WL 5/27

Reactions: 2 users
Got a call last week followed by the accepted checklist! Interviewed/WL in Feb

Long time lurker on this forum since last year and this group has provided so much support throughout the waiting period for me. Just got accepted last Thursday after being put on the waitlist in October. I definitely have lower stats but I think I came off stronger in other parts of my application just to give hope to the rest of yall- I promise its not over.

Got off the waitlist a week ago.
Holy **** the tuition is so expensive, and it just raised for this year.

and its not even the highest - look at their dental program :(
It’s pretty common that dental programs are more expensive…I think they use a lot of equipment and stuff. But not common DO tuition higher than MD lol

Last edited:
Just got in off the waitlist! This is my only interview and only A, and I will gleefully pay their exorbitant tuition! Interviewed 4/16, waitlisted 4/27.

It just takes one! :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Also just got off the waitlist! Interviewed and waitlisted in January.

Hang in there if you're still waiting -- it'll happen :)

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted off the waitlist last Thursday! I didn't comment too much on this thread, but I definitely referenced it from time to time. Thanks to everyone who offered advice and encouragement to those of us applying/waitlisted. If you are still waitlisted, DM me and I will let you know what steps I took while on the waitlist.

If curious, I completed the MABS program at Downers Grove this past year with a solid GPA, which helped me overcome my undergrad GPA. MCAT was a little above average, but nothing extraordinary. Also, a veteran and paramedic (7 years) prior to starting the MABS program. I look forward to meeting my classmates soon and getting to work. Best of luck to all those still working through the process!

I am a waitlist applicant who got accepted.

For the waitlist applicants, it might help if you send update emails/ letters to show your interest. I sent 2 update letters to AZCOM after I got waitlisted. Doing so shows that you're still interested. Another school that I was waitlisted at, Campbell, told me to send update every week and end of June is where most waitlist movement happen for them. I'm not sure about AZCOM and their expectations, but I think sending update letters definitely helps.

Does anyone know if there is still hope for waitlist movement?

I got an acceptance email earlier today! Incredibly surprised but very excited!