2021-2022 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will also be withdrawing my A from CCOM! Best of luck to everyone, and hoping it goes to one of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I just got the call this morning I got accepted off the waitlist!!!!!

Interview 4/6, MCAT 507, GPA 3.8

Reactions: 6 users
I just got the call this morning I got accepted off the waitlist!!!!!

Interview 4/6, MCAT 507, GPA 3.8
Congrats, I’m a 508 3.8 as well! Hoping to hear something…😭🙏🏼

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call this morning! Interviewed 1/12!

Does anyone know if you can reapply for the 2022-2023 cycle while you’re on the alternate list? Wondering if I should submit now or give it some time

Does anyone know if you can reapply for the 2022-2023 cycle while you’re on the alternate list? Wondering if I should submit now or give it some time
You can, I would suggest applying ASAP. It is always better to apply early. Also, speak with admissions before submitting your application.

Reactions: 1 users
You can, I would suggest applying ASAP. It is always better to apply early. Also, speak with admissions before submitting your application.
I have already called them, they said they can not give any advice or recommendations to improve applications for next cycle since we are still on the waitlist. Lol

I have already called them, they said they can not give any advice or recommendations to improve applications for next cycle since we are still on the waitlist. Lol
Yeah same here, kind of annoyed but not surprised. Seems like there’s always something lol.
Thanks for the advice @User312, will be submitting today and hope for the best

do they only call people on Mondays? The sound of crickets is deafening.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got off the waitlist!! Interview 4/20 MCAT: 505 GPA: 3.75

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Is anyone familiar enough with the area to give advice about safer places to live and if there's public transportation in the area? Thanks!

Hey everyone! Is anyone familiar enough with the area to give advice about safer places to live and if there's public transportation in the area? Thanks!
Overall the area is pretty safe. As for public transportation, I’ve seen buses around during peak travel times (morning and afternoon) and through out the day a bit but after 6-7pm it stops. You’re probably gonna need a car if you’re not within walking distance of campus and definitely during rotations since most the rotation sites are in the city

Does anyone know if attending lecture is mandatory? I know we get Fridays off (depending on when exams are).

Does anyone know if attending lecture is mandatory? I know we get Fridays off (depending on when exams are).
Lecture is not mandatory except for the odd specific lecture throughout the year.

Withdrew A today. Hopefully it goes to one of you soon!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Any waitlist movement this week?

Any waitlist movement this week?
My guess is it went to someone who is not on SDN. Based on spots being filled the following day after an available spot becomes open in the last few weeks.

Withdrew my acceptance today! I hope someone gets the A from here! Good luck

• Care
Has anyone from feburary interview dates get off the WL?

Just got accepted off the alternate list!! So excited, was planning on submitting my reapp on sunday LOL!
Interviewed: 4/19
Alternate list: 4/25
MCAT: 505
Ugpa: 3.1 strong upward trend (mech engineer)
diy post-bacc gpa: 4.0

• Love
Just got accepted off the alternate list!! So excited, was planning on submitting my reapp on sunday LOL!
Interviewed: 4/19
Alternate list: 4/25
MCAT: 505
Ugpa: 3.1 strong upward trend (mech engineer)
diy post-bacc gpa: 4.0
Congrats!! Also got the call and accepted off the WL today!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist!! WL on 1/27

Received an acceptance this morning but will be declining. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! Stats?
MCAT- 506 GPA 3.6 (science was a lot lower)
Interviewed 1/25 WL 1/27. I sent letters of updates every month and a letter of intent
I did a duel degree in undergrad

Received acceptance email and call this AM off the waitlist as well! Interviewed 4/7, waitlisted 4/25. Sending good vibes to the rest of y'all!!

any new waitlist movement recently?

I’ll be withdrawing my A today good luck!!

Reactions: 2 users