2021-2022 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh weird!! I noticed I also have the accepted student checklist active in my portal. But still, nothing official from the dean or admissions or anything. Just trying not to get my hope up - this would be my first acceptance if it's true! Finding it hard to believe I'll hear anything on a Sunday but considering how I got my II email at 2am, I guess anything is possible lol
+1 You are probably accepted. I received the same schools app email yesterday. If you go to Matriculation/Payment in the portal, you will find the letter that says you are offered an acceptance. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I never got the schools app email. First, my accepted student checklist populated. Then, I got an official email of my acceptance. No call so far.

How much time did it take in between your accepted student checklist to populate and the acceptance email? Just had my checklist populate!

Members don't see this ad :)
How much time did it take in between your accepted student checklist to populate and the acceptance email? Just had my checklist populate!
+1! I also have my accepted student checklist populate in my portal! This means it’s an A, right? I’m lowkey so happy because I just got a Post-II R from another school today as well 😅

Woke up this morning to a surprising II! Complete 6/29, OOS.

II this morning !! OOS, no hold, complete early August

+1! I also have my accepted student checklist populate in my portal! This means it’s an A, right? I’m lowkey so happy because I just got a Post-II R from another school today as well 😅
Received my Acceptance Email today! So ecstatic 🤩

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Quick update: I ended up getting the acceptance email yesterday!! So happy that I'll be attending med school next year :soexcited: So yes, once you see the checklist populate OR you receive that "Schools App" email, it seems like that's an A. Congrats to everyone else on their A's! Happy to share stats/background if anyone is interested, just DM me.

Does anyone know what the Interview waitlist here is like? Is it a soft rejection or actually a hold and they review apps again/people from waitlist end up getting interviewed

Check that portal boyos and gals. II received sometime this week without any email.

Anyone else notice those with higher MCATs get II first - no matter when they submit :/

Anyone else notice those with higher MCATs get II first - no matter when they submit :/
I have a 514 and submitted August 1st and only got my II recently. I saw many people accepted with lower MCAT scores before I even got an invite. Yes, AZCOM loves stats, but no they aren't just ignoring everyone below a 512 or something

I have a 514 and submitted August 1st and only got my II recently. I saw many people accepted with lower MCAT scores before I even got an invite. Yes, AZCOM loves stats, but no they aren't just ignoring everyone below a 512 or something
yea, i got an II waitlist...no idea what that means

Generally interview waitlists/holds are soft rejections.
That doesn't necessarily seem to be the case with AZCOM in previous cycles, as mentioned earlier in the thread. So we'll see how they handle interview waitlist this cycle!

Congrats on the interview!

This is true! I submitted my secondary 8/4/21, didnt get an II until the beginning of October, interviewed on October 28th, and got an A on 11/10/21. I got a 507.

Declined my II. Hope it goes to one of you who is patiently waiting. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
II, LM 69
Complete mid-September

II yesterday. Complete around October.

Does anyone know how far out they're scheduling interviews right now?

Woke up to a Pre-II waitlist just now. Complete 11/30 (submitted secondary 11/24). Pretty fast but I assume it’s because of how late I applied. Haven’t gotten any love from any Arizona schools this cycle lol

Interview waitlist this morning. Just got on hold at kcu a few days ago too…

Has anyone received an interview invite after receiving an interview waitlist email? I was put on the waitlist on Aug28🥲

Interview waitlist. Complete early September. Fml

Canadian applicant here, and I just got an interview waitlist this morning as well. Has anyone been lifted off the interview waitlist so far?

Woke up to a Pre-II waitlist just now. Complete 11/30 (submitted secondary 11/24). Pretty fast but I assume it’s because of how late I applied. Haven’t gotten any love from any Arizona schools this cycle lol
+1 (complete 11/12)

Interview waitlisted today. Complete last week.

Something tells me there is some auto waitlisting going on here most likely

Something tells me there is some auto waitlisting going on here most likely
Yeah, not looking good for us, but at least it’s better than a hard R

Just withdrew my seat and will be attending the Chicago campus instead. Good luck and hopefully my seat opens up for one of you guys!

Same. I figured it would be good practice and interesting to learn about so I applied and got in within 3 weeks. Wondering if they accept anyone? Or if it’s a money grab to get you to pay $64K / year for pharmd …