2021-2022 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre match call about an hour ago! (literally joined SDN just to post this bc i appreciated when others did)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also pre-matched today! Interviewed August 20th, IS. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Also pre-matched today! Interviewed August 20th, IS. Good luck to everyone!
Congrats! Did you get a call earlier or just now? Also, are you comfortable sharing your LM/stats?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone today😄 fingers crossed this wave lasts two days and not one 😅

Any OOS people heard anything today?
I think we’re the only OOS people on this thread lmao. I haven’t heard anything since my October interview but I saw this in an email from Long/UTSA today. Maybe Baylor is also waiting until after match to give most of the OOS offers?

“The TMDSAS Match for Texas residents, happens on Friday, March 4, 2022. We “leave room” for our Out Of State students at that time, and so they may receive an acceptance just after the Match, in the next week or so.”

Reactions: 1 users
I think we’re the only OOS people on this thread lmao. I haven’t heard anything since my October interview but I saw this in an email from Long/UTSA today. Maybe Baylor is also waiting until after match to give most of the OOS offers?

“The TMDSAS Match for Texas residents, happens on Friday, March 4, 2022. We “leave room” for our Out Of State students at that time, and so they may receive an acceptance just after the Match, in the next week or so.”
I am also OOS and was really hoping to get a call this round !! Interviewed October 8

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Missed the call yesterday but was called back again today and offered admission! Interviewed 12/10

Congrats to everyone today😄 fingers crossed this wave lasts two days and not one 😅
I believe there's an interview session today. Not sure if that changes anything on if they'll call or not. 🤞

If it makes you OOS students feel better, I’m IS and haven’t heard back post-interview either

Baylor today said that Jan 21 was their last interview, and that people at the Jan 21 date would be evaluated on Jan 28th, but in-state wouldn't be eligible for prematch offers because of time constraints. They said they had given out about 120 prematch offers for both in and out of state. Out of state can still get offers whenever. Instate offers will happen only through the match now.

Reactions: 4 users
So will BCM still call us with acceptance notifications or do we match and wait to hear back in March?

Baylor today said that Jan 21 was their last interview, and that people at the Jan 21 date would be evaluated on Jan 28th, but in-state wouldn't be eligible for prematch offers because of time constraints. They said they had given out about 120 prematch offers for both in and out of state. Out of state can still get offers whenever. Instate offers will happen only through the match now.
Wow 120 is a lot. How many does Baylor normally accept?

The 2021 acceptance data doc has around 260 IS and 80 OOS accepted. So of those 120 I imagine some will go elsewhere like UTSW
Yep. Some will rank UTSW #1, freeing up a few more spots for match day. After that, I think there will bet a lot of waitlist movement as OOS T20 acceptances roll in — hence where the 334 total acceptances (IS+OOS) figure comes from.

Do you guys think Baylor would give out scholarships if you get in through the match?
Also, it seems like they did half pre-match and are expecting the other half to be from the match. 120 offers this year (IS and OOS) for ~180 spots with a yield of about 55% and 334 offers sent in the previous year might hint at good match movement (including frlbd2's comment about UTSW being a top choice for many as well). Good luck to everyone :)

class sizes from their web page shows between 179 and 195 over the last 4 years
Thank you! However, that was more of a lead up to this question: what is the percentage of total As the prematches take up? I just want to know how many matches are left. Looks like somebody sent out that data already. 340 As historically. 120/340 prematched so about 2/3 left.

What I find weird is how underreported the prematches are here. I’d consider SDN a place competitive T20-seeking applicants are going to help their chances of acceptance.

Thank you! However, that was more of a lead up to this question: what is the percentage of total As the prematches take up? I just want to know how many matches are left. Looks like somebody sent out that data already. 340 As historically. 120/340 prematched so about 2/3 left.

What I find weird is how underreported the prematches are here. I’d consider SDN a place competitive T20-seeking applicants are going to help their chances of acceptance.
Since this is Baylor’s first year on the TMDSAS system, there is no past history of pre-match vs match.
No school would/ should toss out all 340 acceptances and see where they land. They will give some, wait for match day, give more little by little over the next few months if accepted people leave for other offers.

The second factor is that some of the students offered a Baylor pre-match have also been offered pre-matches at other schools and might rank another school higher. Some of those Baylor offers won’t end up at Baylor as of Match Day. But the TMDSAS match will sort that out.

If you like, go visit the thread called The Republic of Texas XL where I explain some things like this as we go.

I absolutely hate lol this im so nervous now. Anybody else have like stupid anxiety? I interviewed at one other school so I’m waiting on Baylor and that school. This process is brutal af goodness grief

Reactions: 2 users
Since this is Baylor’s first year on the TMDSAS system, there is no past history of pre-match vs match.
No school would/ should toss out all 340 acceptances and see where they land. They will give some, wait for match day, give more little by little over the next few months if accepted people leave for other offers.

The second factor is that some of the students offered a Baylor pre-match have also been offered pre-matches at other schools and might rank another school higher. Some of those Baylor offers won’t end up at Baylor as of Match Day. But the TMDSAS match will sort that out.

If you like, go visit the thread called The Republic of Texas XL where I explain some things like this as we go.
Could I PM you a question?

I'm assuming no one will know the answer to this since its Baylor's first year on TMDSAS, but if we don't match on match day, but we've ranked Baylor #1, do we think we'll automatically be moved to the waitlist or only some people in that pool will be waitlisted? Anyone recall if they said anything on interview day?

• Hmm
Pre-II R just now. Best of luck to everyone!

• Care
Does it make sense to send a letter of intent now or after hearing a decision (like being waitlisted)?

Does it make sense to send a letter of intent now or after hearing a decision (like being waitlisted)?
I would say go for it if you want. As long as you have not been rejected, you can choose to send a LOI whenever.

Has anyone researched how Baylor handles their exams and AOA rankings? I have been trying to figure out Baylor uses NBME style exams for each block exam or not. Also if Baylor is P/F, then how do they decide who to put where in their AOA rankings? Do they still have an internal ranking system from pre-clinical exams, or do they use some other metric?

Has anyone researched how Baylor handles their exams and AOA rankings? I have been trying to figure out Baylor uses NBME style exams for each block exam or not. Also if Baylor is P/F, then how do they decide who to put where in their AOA rankings? Do they still have an internal ranking system from pre-clinical exams, or do they use some other metric?
I too have been trying to find info about AOA and internal rankings because their website doesn’t give clear AOA guidelines. But I do know that they use NBME exams throughout pre clinical

I asked someone about this on the interview day and they said that Baylor determines AOA based on your clinical grades. I think an 4th yr mentioned that they used to use preclinicals grades to determine it

I asked someone about this on the interview day and they said that Baylor determines AOA based on your clinical grades. I think an 4th yr mentioned that they used to use preclinicals grades to determine it
1) So they no longer use preclinicals for AOA? So pre clinicals are a true pass/fail with no internal ranking? What are the grading system for clinicals?
2) Also can anybody share some insight on a sample schedule of a typical week of preclinicals? I want to know if most lectures are mandatory. And if anybody can link a sample schedule that would be greatly appreciated.

Current students: Are most clerkships at Ben Taub, and what kind of cases do you get to see there?

Anyone heard anything recently? Im out of state (interviewed Nov 5th) and kinda assuming that at this point ill probably just hear back after the match. Is that historically accurate? Do they give us the "leftover" spots from the IS people?

Anyone heard anything recently? Im out of state (interviewed Nov 5th) and kinda assuming that at this point ill probably just hear back after the match. Is that historically accurate? Do they give us the "leftover" spots from the IS people?
Baylor hasn’t participated in the Match until this year, so unfortunately we don’t really know.

Do you guys think Baylor would give out scholarships if you get in through the match?
Also, it seems like they did half pre-match and are expecting the other half to be from the match. 120 offers this year (IS and OOS) for ~180 spots with a yield of about 55% and 334 offers sent in the previous year might hint at good match movement (including frlbd2's comment about UTSW being a top choice for many as well). Good luck to everyone :)
I talked to the Dean of Admissions today and he said they do give out scholarships through the match and after!

Anyone else feeling as anxious for March 4 as they were for getting their MCAT back?

Anyone else feeling as anxious for March 4 as they were for getting their MCAT back?
Oh this is much worse in my opinion. Im out of state so i dont participate in the match, but I know the likelihood of me hearing back will increase after yall find out. Damn near unethical how long they make us wait I mean I interviewed in November. Are you really telling me you don't know if you want me or not for 4 damn months

Oh this is much worse in my opinion. Im out of state so i dont participate in the match, but I know the likelihood of me hearing back will increase after yall find out. Damn near unethical how long they make us wait I mean I interviewed in November. Are you really telling me you don't know if you want me or not for 4 damn months
Hearing the first week of March is earlier that you could hear back from many OOS schools, and it's a consistent date for all Texans.
I know it's anxiety producing whether you're IS or OOS.

I'm OOS as well and am seriously overflowing with anticipation ! I hope they let us know at the same time as IS students :)

• Care
“Damn near unethical..”
Strikes a chord.
For nontraditional students, “hearing back” in March where you will need to “report to” in July is very tough.
Moving, family transitioning jobs, setting up arrangements for children… all sorts of things that are very difficult to tackle in 4 months.
End rant!
Would love to get in!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
1) So they no longer use preclinicals for AOA? So pre clinicals are a true pass/fail with no internal ranking? What are the grading system for clinicals?
2) Also can anybody share some insight on a sample schedule of a typical week of preclinicals? I want to know if most lectures are mandatory. And if anybody can link a sample schedule that would be greatly appreciated.
1. Current MS1 student. Baylor does not use preclinicals for AOA and is pass fail. Regarding internal rankings, some MS3/4's have told me there is some distinction for scoring in the top 1/6th of the class for preclinicals but has little to no bearing on matching (as evidenced by more than 1/6th of the class matching into competitive specialties).

2. Not sure for the incoming class, but none of our preclinical lecture-based classes were mandatory - they all had videos online to stream. Only in-person things were preceptorships, anatomy lab, OSCE-related things, TBL's off the top of my head. Weekly schedule varies in # of lectures, but they all finish by noon assuming you start at 8.

The incoming class is in for a treat - we have an absolutely stellar member of our class who goes great lengths to make in-house decks + tags associated AnKing cards. There were some small gripes on admin-related things (every school has this, right?) but as a whole, y'all will love it here.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users