2021-2022 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. Current MS1 student. Baylor does not use preclinicals for AOA and is pass fail. Regarding internal rankings, some MS3/4's have told me there is some distinction for scoring in the top 1/6th of the class for preclinicals but has little to no bearing on matching (as evidenced by more than 1/6th of the class matching into competitive specialties).

2. Not sure for the incoming class, but none of our preclinical lecture-based classes were mandatory - they all had videos online to stream. Only in-person things were preceptorships, anatomy lab, OSCE-related things, TBL's off the top of my head. Weekly schedule varies in # of lectures, but they all finish by noon assuming you start at 8.

The incoming class is in for a treat - we have an absolutely stellar member of our class who goes great lengths to make in-house decks + tags associated AnKing cards. There were some small gripes on admin-related things (every school has this, right?) but as a whole, y'all will love it here.
Not all heroes wear capes

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
In which hospital do most students do their clerkships? I was recently accepted, but I am quite unfamiliar with TMC. It seems so big!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In which hospital do most students do their clerkships? I was recently accepted, but I am quite unfamiliar with TMC. It seems so big!
Are you out of state? Also, would you mind sharing when you were accepted, when you interviewed, and stats?

Is there an accepted students group chat or facebook page?

Matched! But yeah if anyone has access to the group chat or Facebook group please share it here or pm

^For those wanting to join the FB group! Congrats, super excited to meet my future classmates soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
If any OOS students hear anything today pls reply. I'm stressed haha! Also congrats to all matched applicants! you should be so proud <3

Reactions: 5 users
Fellow OOS, nothing yet in email or on the portal. Will update if I hear anything.

Reactions: 2 users
IS, did not match. How do we know if we are on the waitlist?

I pre-matched to my and matched to a school ranked lower than Baylor, but still would ideally like to go here. Am I still in the running or on a waitlist for baylor? Or is my match set in stone? How long do I have before I have to accept an offer to other school?

OOS here, got a waitlist email from UTMB, so it seems like TX waitlists are going out at some rate.

Hello everyone, does anyone know if Baylor offers any need-based grants? Does it require parental income information? I was fortunate enough to match but was told there were no more merit scholarships available.

Hello everyone, does anyone know if Baylor offers any need-based grants? Does it require parental income information? I was fortunate enough to match but was told there were no more merit scholarships available.
Merit scholarships are reserved for URMs. I recommend you apply for loans and hope for a good interest rate.

Merit scholarships are reserved for URMs. I recommend you apply for loans and hope for a good interest rate.
Ok, I don't know where you're getting that from. I don't want to assume your intentions/views on such a matter but I have a few friends who are not ORMS that received full tuition here. I also received full COA at UTSW and am not URM. I'm sure whoever got the scholarships earned it regardless of their URM/ORM status.

Never really been a super anxious person but now I'm sitting here watching my phone with my legs swinging on my bed like a teen movie

A friend of mine who got off the waitlist for Baylor (albeit 3 years ago) said no info is sent out from the waitlist. She got pulled off it in April.

I believe anyone who is not accepted is put on the waitlist and given an official email in May. Before joining TMDSAS and the match,admissions were still rolling in April.

For OOS students still receiving acceptances after the match, is BCM still calling or sending acceptance via email.

If I get accepted I will never reveal my SDN username I dont want yall to think im just a ball of neuroticism (which I am)

Im a little worried that after switching to TMDSAS, Baylor is accepting fewer OOS students and they have already picked the ones they want before the match. Speculation and anxiety provoked obviously, but I dont want to get my hopes up.

Im a little worried that after switching to TMDSAS, Baylor is accepting fewer OOS students and they have already picked the ones they want before the match. Speculation and anxiety provoked obviously, but I dont want to get my hopes up.
They will be taking as many OOS as before

• Care
From what I can see from the spreadsheet I found on Reddit, OOS acceptance post interview is 20%ish. Not great odds but not terrible. I’m pretty sure that’s also self reported data so could be dog ****

Ah never mind then. Honestly that’s horrible news lol I was hoping it was way higher and the self reported data was just throwing it off. This is basically a ****ing lottery at this point

I believe anyone who is not accepted is put on the waitlist and given an official email in May. Before joining TMDSAS and the match,admissions were still rolling in April.
Did you hear this from a source or is this speculation? I’m debating on which of two schools I should send my letter to and would feel much more comfortable knowing that I’m sending a letter of intent to a school that actually has me on some form of a waitlist

Did you hear this from a source or is this speculation? I’m debating on which of two schools I should send my letter to and would feel much more comfortable knowing that I’m sending a letter of intent to a school that actually has me on some form of a waitlist

This was personal experience from a previous cycle regarding the universal waitlist. Things could have changed this year with Match but I don't really see why it would make too much of a difference, since that would mean the admission committee would have to completely change their system and start ranking candidates for a waitlist, which seems like a large unnecessary task.

If they feel like their class is generally locked in, the supposed waitlist email should come sooner than May, but point was that in the past, Baylor has not had a ranked waitlist.

This wait is brutal… hoping some OOS will hear something tomorrow

Just called the admissions office and I was a little confused by what she said but she said something to the effect of “everyone is on the waitlist now and if youre not accepted by May 15th then you’re rejected”