2021-2022 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a complete email. Does anyone know when II get sent out?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I checked my portal and it says they're still waiting for the "NEW Official CASPer Score" but they have received my "Official CASPer Score" did i miss something w casper that might affect my application? I got an email saying my application was complete tho so idk

I checked my portal and it says they're still waiting for the "NEW Official CASPer Score" but they have received my "Official CASPer Score" did i miss something w casper that might affect my application? I got an email saying my application was complete tho so idk
I had that too! As long as you took your CASPer May 2021 and after you’re fine and it’s just a “visual glitch” they told me!

anybody from the previous cycle/current students can tell us when they started sending decisions?

anybody from the previous cycle/current students can tell us when they started sending decisions?
Skimming the thread from last year, IIs were sent after labor day.

Reactions: 3 users
Current student here. PM me for any questions on the school and the like. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I need to submit this secondary but I'm getting stuck on the last question, "What creative/innovative ways have you found to continue to build upon the competencies for entering medical students during the pandemic?" I don't think I'm getting what they're asking exactly... I've been working at a hospital all pandemic, I don't know if within that there's anything innovative. Any tips about this would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, I need to submit this secondary but I'm getting stuck on the last question, "What creative/innovative ways have you found to continue to build upon the competencies for entering medical students during the pandemic?" I don't think I'm getting what they're asking exactly... I've been working at a hospital all pandemic, I don't know if within that there's anything innovative. Any tips about this would be greatly appreciated.
Well gotta say, you’re extremely fortunate that you were able to work in a hospital especially since many hospitals around the nation discontinued volunteer programs due to liability reasons. But the point of the question is to see what other ways you have helped other than traditional methods. For instance, I worked for a non-profit, created a suicide prevention program, taught instruments music to individuals with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease, hosted live expert panel discussions, etc. Basically something beyond just volunteering hospitals, working with medical professionals in in-patient settings, etc. would suffice. Maybe you worked for telemedical programs or volunteered on a crisis hotline or worked as a COVID-19 screener or wrote a book

Well gotta say, you’re extremely fortunate that you were able to work in a hospital especially since many hospitals around the nation discontinued volunteer programs due to liability reasons. But the point of the question is to see what other ways you have helped other than traditional methods. For instance, I worked for a non-profit, created a suicide prevention program, taught instruments music to individuals with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease, hosted live expert panel discussions, etc. Basically something beyond just volunteering hospitals, working with medical professionals in in-patient settings, etc. would suffice. Maybe you worked for telemedical programs or volunteered on a crisis hotline or worked as a COVID-19 screener or wrote a book
Thank you for ur reply! Yeah it was a clinical full time paid job. I'm thankful for it but it truly takes up most of my time, plus I had been studying for the mcat as well during that time. LOL there wasn't much room for innovation there. I guess I'll have to elaborate more about my job. thx again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email that there was an update posted to my application status page but when I checked there was nothing there.

Just got an email that there was an update posted to my application status page but when I checked there was nothing there.
refresh and try again? or log out and log back in? or email them?

The status update was the official rejection of last year's app lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users
II IS, complete 7/6 516, 4.0

Does anyone else only see one interview date available in the portal? I have an interview with a different school that same day but Rosalind Franklin requires you to schedule interview within the week.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Does anyone else only see one interview date available in the portal? I have an interview with a different school that same day but Rosalind Franklin requires you to schedule interview within the week.
What date was available?

Then you need to call them & ask for an alternate date

I called and they said it's okay to wait for future dates. I would call your advisor on your portal and just inform them of the issue

II received! IS, 509, 3.5x, complete 7/8.
For reference, my answer to the superhero question was very silly and basically a meme so don't feel like you have to be so serious ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Currently three dates available: 9/7, 9/14, and 9/21.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on whether it would make a difference to choose 9/7 over 9/21?

II received, complete 6/28, IS, (DM for stats)

Anybody have an idea what to expect from the interview? I know they did MMI when they were in-person, not sure what's changed with going virtual...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Currently three dates available: 9/7, 9/14, and 9/21.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on whether it would make a difference to choose 9/7 over 9/21?
Weird, it was telling me 9/7 was full and I'd be put on a waitlist when I tried to sign up. I don't think it would really matter tho tbh

congrats for the IIs everybody! for those who got II, did your portal have the Casper score marked? I only have the supplemental app and MCAT showing up

I left the last secondary question blank thinking that it was optional. I now realize that may have been a mistake lol.

congrats for the IIs everybody! for those who got II, did your portal have the Casper score marked? I only have the supplemental app and MCAT showing up
Obviously N=1 but my portal never showed anything regarding Casper and only showed the two sections as you stated up until my II and now it shows an option for scheduling the interview but still no Casper.

I left the last secondary question blank thinking that it was optional. I now realize that may have been a mistake lol.
Hi, from what I remember, all the four essays were optional. So, hopefully, that would not be an issue in your case :)

Ohh wow that is really a problem. May be you should email them and ask for another day.

Does anyone have any idea about what the format of the interview will be?

On MSAR, it says that their 10th percentile MCAT is 509 (508 for OOS), but for matriculated students it's 503. Anyone know why?

On MSAR, it says that their 10th percentile MCAT is 509 (508 for OOS), but for matriculated students it's 503. Anyone know why?
Because, at just about every school, other than those at the tippy top of the rankings, schools lose highly attractive accepted applicants to so-called "better" or higher ranked schools. The accepted applicants who turn any given school down will tend to have higher stats than those who don't. This is not specific to this school. Just look at any random school on MSAR. You will see the same thing, to a greater or lesser degree, at all schools outside the T5 or T10.

• Hmm
Because, at just about every school, other than those at the tippy top of the rankings, schools lose highly attractive accepted applicants to so-called "better" or higher ranked schools. The accepted applicants who turn any given school down will tend to have higher stats than those who don't. This is not specific to this school. Just look at any random school on MSAR. You will see the same thing, to a greater or lesser degree, at all schools outside the T5 or T10.
I understand that but from what I usually see, it only shifts over a point or two. A 5 point deviation seems a bit extreme.

I understand that but from what I usually see, it only shifts over a point or two. A 5 point deviation seems a bit extreme.
Okay, but you understand what's going on. Unfortunately, they don't report stats to USNWR, so we don't know how many people they accept, or what their yield is, but we know from MSAR that they enroll 189, so we are probably talking about somewhere around 40 or 50 accepted candidates and 19 matriculated candidates in the bottom 10%.

Why is their drop greater than others? Who knows? Since their median only falls one point between acceptance and matriculation, it might just be a one year aberration. I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about it, because it might just be a statistical anomaly due to the fact that we are only talking about 19 people. If only a few people either did or didn't enroll, that number could easily have moved by a few points and we wouldn't be having this discussion! :)

All you know for sure from this is that they accepted at least 20 or so people with scores at or below 503. I'm not sure that means anything when they are reviewing over 12,000 applications, interviewing around 800, probably accepting between 400-500, and enrolling less than 200, where their reported 10%-ile for accepted candidates is 509.

Browsing last year's thread and it looks RFU used VITA - this year they are sticking with virtual MMIs (thank goodness). Anyone know how many stations and whether it is the traditional 2 min prep, 8 min answer format? I have not found/received any details beyond my interview time.

Reactions: 5 users