2021-2022 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have an idea after an interview how long it takes to either get the acceptance call or the waitlist email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today just a few hours ago. IS, submitted secondary 7/30/2021.

Reactions: 4 users
I received a rejection email. Good luck to everyone.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected yesterday. LM 74, in state. Good luck to everyone in the running.

• Care
Accepted today as well, interviewed late October.

Honestly, a very surreal moment. Second time applying and a lot of self-doubt and anxiety with this process, but very thankful for the end result.

Reactions: 5 users
Gotcha - We got our email this morning! Got slightly worried when it didn’t come by the end of the day of the call but we finally got it today.
Oh nice! Were you accepted Tuesday as well? Now I'm a little worried because I haven't gotten one yet lol

Current M1 student at Brody. Lmk if you have any questions :)

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty quiet on this thread. Assuming a lot of us haven't heard one way or the other.
I hope they release a December update!
I just had my interview this week and I don’t expect to hear back until Jan/Feb at the earliest

Pretty quiet on this thread. Assuming a lot of us haven't heard one way or the other.
Yeah I haven’t received a II or a rejection letter. I was told that they are hoping to have all of the II and rejections out by mid December

Yeah I haven’t received a II or a rejection letter. I was told that they are hoping to have all of the II and rejections out by mid December
thanks Frateris92, good info. I am in the same boat - have not received a II or a rejection letter. Can you share how you know of the mid december date?

I interviewed here nearly 2 months ago and haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know if this is normal?
I remember from my interview that when we asked about the process, the ADCOM essentially us that there were 3/4 possibilities:

(1) You are accepted in which case they will inform you
(2) You are rejected, in which case they will inform you
(3/4) You are "Highly Acceptable" or "Acceptable" in which case you will likely hear nothing back for a while. They will then pull from both the Highly Acceptable and Acceptable pools to create a waitlist (no date on when this is done). When they create this WL, they will ask you if you want to be included in the list (you can accept or decline). Essentially, with this option, they don't inform you of anything until they create the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
II today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. To be honest, making it this far with a school I’ve wanted to attend since I was in middle school is a dream come true.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have stats on the number of people who are given interviews vs accepted. From what I can gather, they will interview roughly 650 people and only 80-84 will get a spot. So that’s around a 7% acceptance rate if you are given an interview?

Does anyone have stats on the number of people who are given interviews vs accepted. From what I can gather, they will interview roughly 650 people and only 80-84 will get a spot. So that’s around a 7% acceptance rate if you are given an interview?
Based on past acceptance data and the last cycle, usually, they interview about a third of the applicants so around 350-400, then send out about 120-135 acceptances and 86 students usually matriculate, so about a 30% chance of being accepted after an interview is offered

Has anyone commented on the types of questions they had during II? Perhaps I’ve overlooked it in the thread.

Last thing we should be thinking about rn, but I’m going to leave this here.

Happy holidays everyone!

As of December 23, 2021:

• Received 1156 verified AMCAS applications by the November 1, 2021 deadline.
  • Interviewed 277 candidates.
  • Offered 58 applicants a seat in the Class of 2026.

Reactions: 2 users
Last thing we should be thinking about rn, but I’m going to leave this here.

Happy holidays everyone!

As of December 23, 2021:

• Received 1156 verified AMCAS applications by the November 1, 2021 deadline.
  • Interviewed 277 candidates.
  • Offered 58 applicants a seat in the Class of 2026.
Wow, so thats over 70% of the seats already filled. II on 01/11. The pressure is real!

Wow, so thats over 70% of the seats already filled. II on 01/11. The pressure is real!
70% of seats are not filled. They’ve offered that many spots but usually they offer about 1.5 to double the amount of seats that actually matriculate.