2022-2023 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any one heard any news yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
per a conversation I had yesterday, the last admissions meeting was going to take place yesterday afternoon, meaning, yesterday the admissions staff reviewed the last batch of applicants they hadn't made a decision on yet. historically I would expect this to mean maybe a few more acceptances and then the formation of a waitlist. it was, however, mentioned that they had already made enough offers to fill the class based on historical data. the interaction in which I got this info was very brief and I didn't want to arouse any suspicion by asking probing/clarifying questions, so I didn't find out anything about waitlist creation or timing.

Reactions: 2 users
per a conversation I had yesterday, the last admissions meeting was going to take place yesterday afternoon, meaning, yesterday the admissions staff reviewed the last batch of applicants they hadn't made a decision on yet. historically I would expect this to mean maybe a few more acceptances and then the formation of a waitlist. it was, however, mentioned that they had already made enough offers to fill the class based on historical data. the interaction in which I got this info was very brief and I didn't want to arouse any suspicion by asking probing/clarifying questions, so I didn't find out anything about waitlist creation or timing.

Thank you for this 🫡

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for sharing! Can I ask how you know this? Are you a current student?

Damn, better start preparing for my next gap year then lol. I appreciate this update, hadn’t heard anything in a while.

Reactions: 1 users
1679012035464.png

pasting this for future reference.

Dang, for those outside looking in, the numbers are way ahead of schedule resulting with a short waitlist.

Here's to the Lucky Dozen for the waitlist. Cheers!

Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 367837
pasting this for future reference.

Dang, for those outside looking in, the numbers are way ahead of schedule resulting with a short waitlist.

Here's to the Lucky Dozen for the waitlist. Cheers!
So the remaining difference in current offers (118) and the typical maximum (130) will consist of only WL offers?

In my opinion, I think the remaining 12 or so potential A would be from the WL. (But the WL can be longer than 12...)

There are 86 seats.

They have already accepted 118. 32 in excess.

Each year, they have 40-50 applicants "reject" Brody.

Last edited:
In my opinion, I think the remaining 12 or so potential A would be from the WL. (But the WL can be longer than 12...)

There are 86 seats.

They have already accepted 118. 32 in excess.

Each year, they have 40-50 applicants "reject" Brody.
actually (again, a case of being in the right place at the right time), I believe the number of entering M1s this year is supposed to be 92.

actually (again, a case of being in the right place at the right time), I believe the number of entering M1s this year is supposed to be 92.
wow - that's why perhaps they got the numbers up so high and quickly.

If i didnt get one… should I be worried?

They have made 118 offers of admission already so it seems like if we dont get a waitlist then we are probably rejected. :/

Reactions: 3 users
For anyone else who received this email, in order to accept the waitlist offer,are we just supposed to email the word “Accept” back to them?

Is it just me or weren't the rest of us who didn't receive a WL email supposed to at least receive a rejection acknowledge by now...

Btw I withdrew from Brody’s waitlist so good luck to everyone!

Is it just me or weren't the rest of us who didn't receive a WL email supposed to at least receive a rejection acknowledge by now...
I think they're still sending WL notifications as folks narrow down their schools and reject their acceptances/WL invitations. The rejection email might come later in April.

Withdrew my A today. I hope one of you will receive it. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know when WL movement starts here?

Does the order in which they send out WL offers give any indication of the position of individuals on the WL? Like if we received a WL offer a couple weeks ago, are we in a higher position on the waitlist than someone who received a WL offer today?

Does the order in which they send out WL offers give any indication of the position of individuals on the WL? Like if we received a WL offer a couple weeks ago, are we in a higher position on the waitlist than someone who received a WL offer today?

Thats what i was wondering as well

Pretty much everyone I talked to at Second Look on Saturday who is not 100% committed to Brody is on the WL at UNC (this is a lot of people, myself included). I am assuming that there will likely be movement on Brody's WL after people hear back from UNC. Not sure if this information is useful or not, but I hope it provides some insight into the chances of being accepted for those of you anxiously waiting.

Pretty much everyone I talked to at Second Look on Saturday who is not 100% committed to Brody is on the WL at UNC (this is a lot of people, myself included). I am assuming that there will likely be movement on Brody's WL after people hear back from UNC. Not sure if this information is useful or not, but I hope it provides some insight into the chances of being accepted for those of you anxiously waiting.
when do ppl expect to hear back from UNC off waitlist?