2022-2023 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder when they will post another admissions update on their website...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone heard anyting from ecu lately? or heard of anyone who has?

Reactions: 1 user
Officially withdrew my acceptance tonight via email and AMCAS. Hoping my spot goes to one of you guys. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
insider info: admissions is expecting 4/30 to kick off some waitlist movement, as this is the day when students holding multiple acceptances must narrow to one. however, they have had a lower than average rate of attrition (fewer people declining their seats) so far this year.

Accepted off the waitlist this evening! I am so beyond thrilled to go to Brody, it’s been a dream! Best of luck to all of you with the rest of this app cycle and all future endeavors :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the waitlist this evening! I am so beyond thrilled to go to Brody, it’s been a dream! Best of luck to all of you with the rest of this app cycle and all future endeavors :)
Congrats!!! So excited for you. When was your interview if you don’t mind me asking!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you get waitlisted?

After 3 years of applying to medical schools, I finally received the acceptance call this evening from Brody. It is an incredibly surreal feeling! Best of luck to everyone else on the waitlist, don’t lose hope!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got accepted off the WL a couple mins ago. Interviewed 2/14

Also just got accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed 2/14 and got the waitlist 4/10

Reactions: 2 users
+1! Interviewed 2/7 and waitlisted 3/14, just got the A call at like 5pm today!!!!

So I took biological chemistry at my university (which was a biochemistry course in the chemistry department), so I assume this meets the course requirement for biochem? Would they even offer someone a seat if they didn’t meet all the course requirements?

So I took biological chemistry at my university (which was a biochemistry course in the chemistry department), so I assume this meets the course requirement for biochem? Would they even offer someone a seat if they didn’t meet all the course requirements?
im sure it counts if you were offered acceptance!

Are we supposed to use the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS to select Brody for our school?

Yo, did you ever find out?
Nah I didn’t, but I went ahead and selected ‘commit to enroll’ for Brody. It’s not mentioned in the school specific acceptance email but i figured it couldn’t hurt to do it

JUST GOT THE A!!! Thank you everyone for the advice and support! Couldnt have kept the hope alive without yall! Good luck to everyone still waiting

JUST GOT THE A!!! Thank you everyone for the advice and support! Couldnt have kept the hope alive without yall! Good luck to everyone still waiting
Congrats! Can I be a toolbag and ask what your stats are?

Congratulations 🫡seen u on the thread and happy to see you finally got the A!!

Off the waitlist earlier today - interviewed 2/14, waitlisted 4/4. Good luck y'all!

correct, I am an M3 (who sometimes happens to be in the right place at the right time)
I see on the M2 curriculum that the stuff highlighted in red is the only stuff that students are required to come in-person to. How many of M1 lectures have required attendence? Is it all of the lectures, most, some, or none? I was confused because the M1 curriculum had nothing highlighted in red and did not say anything about this

Sorry for all of the questions lol, but I didn't know who else I could ask

m1 year (especially block 1) has a lot more required classes, mainly anatomy lab. Thats takes the bulk of time in block 1 with regards to required classes. blocks 2 and 3 have less required classes, but there are some classes that are required weekly (ethics, with some foundations of doctoring classes sprinkled in.)

m1 year (especially block 1) has a lot more required classes, mainly anatomy lab. Thats takes the bulk of time in block 1 with regards to required classes. blocks 2 and 3 have less required classes, but there are some classes that are required weekly (ethics, with some foundations of doctoring classes sprinkled in.)
correct. lectures (except flipped classrooms) are rarely, if ever, required attendance in the preclinical phase, but at the beginning of M1, the majority of your time isn't lectures - it's anatomy lab and other labs, small group stuff, etc., all of which you have to show up in person for.