2022-2023 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
m1 year (especially block 1) has a lot more required classes, mainly anatomy lab. Thats takes the bulk of time in block 1 with regards to required classes. blocks 2 and 3 have less required classes, but there are some classes that are required weekly (ethics, with some foundations of doctoring classes sprinkled in.)
do we need scrubs for anatomy lab? Is there a specific color or style we need to get for m1? (I've heard some schools don't allow jogger style scrub pants)

Members don't see this ad.

do we need scrubs for anatomy lab? Is there a specific color or style we need to get for m1? (I've heard some schools don't allow jogger style scrub pants)
No specific color required. I've not heard of any scrub style ban like the jogger style you're describing. However, I wouldn't go crazy on any specific set of scrubs for anatomy lab. Most of my class got rid of their anatomy scrubs after block 1 was over. I would go cheap so that you don't care if anything gets on them or stains them. @cccornbread can you confirm that there is no specific scrub style requirment?

Just got the call!!!!! My first and only A. I interviewed 12/13 and was waitlisted 4/10.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No specific color required. I've not heard of any scrub style ban like the jogger style you're describing. However, I wouldn't go crazy on any specific set of scrubs for anatomy lab. Most of my class got rid of their anatomy scrubs after block 1 was over. I would go cheap so that you don't care if anything gets on them or stains them. @cccornbread can you confirm that there is no specific scrub style requirement?
hey yes sorry - I couldn't log into my account for a couple weeks. everyone wears whatever scrubs they want to anatomy lab with no issue, and in fact in general throughout med school you can wear whatever scrubs you want (except in the OR), including jogger-style bottoms. no color requirements, though do note that in general in the hospital, nurses wear black scrubs and many of the allied health staff (PT/OT/etc) wear navy.

I would second the recommendation to wear scrubs that you don't care about at all to anatomy lab, because they will get hella nasty. to be honest, I didn't want to even put my lab scrubs in my washing machine, so every time I got home from lab I would take them off as soon as I walked in the front door, put them in a garbage bag next to my shoes, and take a shower. they were grody by the end of anatomy lab but I just chucked them directly into the dumpster after the last day of lab lol. consider wearing an old pair of shoes for the same reason

my other main piece of advice for anatomy lab is always, always wear a double layer of gloves. unless you like the idea of your hands smelling like formaldehyde for the next 24 hours