2022-2023 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from the adcom today about interviews? Or do they usually call later in the afternoon?
Do you mean with acceptances or to invite for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
As of January 10, 2023 we have:

• Received 1095 verified AMCAS applications.
  • Completed 258 interviews. All interviews are virtual for the 2022-2023 cycle.
  • Made 68 offers of admission. It takes on average, 120-130 offers to fill the class.
  • The application deadline passed on November 1, 2022.
  • We do not accept updates to your AMCAS application post-submission (for example, new community service hours, additional clinical experiences, job updates, letters of intent, etc.). The only exception is if the Admissions Office contacts you for additional information. Contact information updates-phone number changes, email addresses, mailing addresses, etc. can be accepted and must go through AMCAS.
Last night, I dreamt of ECU updating their portal and giving me an II. Only half of my dream came true :cryi:.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
As of January 10, 2023 we have:

• Received 1095 verified AMCAS applications.
  • Completed 258 interviews. All interviews are virtual for the 2022-2023 cycle.
  • Made 68 offers of admission. It takes on average, 120-130 offers to fill the class.
  • The application deadline passed on November 1, 2022.
  • We do not accept updates to your AMCAS application post-submission (for example, new community service hours, additional clinical experiences, job updates, letters of intent, etc.). The only exception is if the Admissions Office contacts you for additional information. Contact information updates-phone number changes, email addresses, mailing addresses, etc. can be accepted and must go through AMCAS.
Last night, I dreamt of ECU updating their portal and giving me an II. Only half of my dream came true :cryi:.
thanks for staying on top of it. they are halfway through with offers... sigh.

Yup.. compared to the last year, they interviewed fewer people and accepted about the same number of people.
i compare the Dec update and I wonder.... if the difference in the number of interviews (258-235) = 23 directly contributes to the difference in acceptance (68-58) = 10? Or if the 10 can come from earlier interviews? Know what I mean?

i compare the Dec update and I wonder.... if the difference in the number of interviews (258-235) = 23 directly contributes to the difference in acceptance (68-58) = 10? Or if the 10 can come from earlier interviews? Know what I mean?
Yeah was wondering the same thing here… but 10/23 seems too much considering their typical post-II acceptance rate of 30%

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah was wondering the same thing here… but 10/23 seems too much considering their typical post-II acceptance rate of 30%
i had the same observation. i thought, "dang, that was a good bunch of interviewees!"

For those interviewed earlier (i.e. Sept, Oct, Nov) but have not heard back, is the hope now for waitlist and people declining? (i.e. alternate list as per below)

Bored and sad, I compiled last yr's data below:

2022: (total applications 1156; 2023 applications: 1095)

Jan 25 = 68 As, 325 II (in comparison to Jan 10 2023: 68 As with 258 IIs)

Feb 23 = 90 As, 402 II (no more II after that)

Mar 15 = 100 As,

Mar 25, = 110, As,

Apr 6 = 110 As (alternate list being generated)

May 25 = 136... game over

Last edited:

Explain It Season 5 GIF by The Office

no but forreal, I'm an idiot who is freaking out and I would like to really understand your breakdown lol

Explain It Season 5 GIF by The Office

no but forreal, I'm an idiot who is freaking out and I would like to really understand your breakdown lol
They are saying that it seems odd that there are 10 more accepted students when they have only interviewed 23 since their last update in December. They wondered if 10 of those 23 were accepted or if students from previous interview dates (before the December 12 update) are part of those 10 newly accepted students.

Reactions: 1 users
i had the same observation. i thought, "dang, that was a good bunch of interviewees!"

For those interviewed earlier (i.e. Sept, Oct, Nov) but have not heard back, is the hope now for waitlist and people declining?

Bored and sad, I compiled last yr's data below:

2022: (total applications 1156; 2022 1095)

Jan 25 = 68 As, 325 II (in comparison to 1/10/23 68 As with 258 IIs)

Feb 23 = 90 As, 402 II (no increase after that)

Mar 15 = 100 As,

Mar 25, = 110, As,

I will say, during my interview, I believe Dr. Bright had said that they were adding a few more spots to their incoming class and going up to 92? Or so students if I remember correctly. I could be totally wrong though so if anyone who has already interviewed can verify that would be great lol

I will say, during my interview, I believe Dr. Bright had said that they were adding a few more spots to their incoming class and going up to 92? Or so students if I remember correctly. I could be totally wrong though so if anyone who has already interviewed can verify that would be great lol
I may have heard a similar statement about the increase. Did he mean that the increase in class size included this year’s incoming class or only for classes in the future?

Members don't see this ad :)
I may have heard a similar statement about the increase. Did he mean that the increase in class size included this year’s incoming class or only for classes in the future?
I wanna say he said starting with this years class

Have there been any Pre-II R's? Are there still more II being given out?

Have there been any Pre-II R's? Are there still more II being given out?
based on last yr's data, I think they will have many(???) more II.

Last edited:
Current M1 here, I just want to say don’t stress right now. I wasn’t offered an interview until early February so there’s still time!

Reactions: 5 users
If I interviewed in October, should I assume I was waitlisted if I didn't hear back?
safe assumption but it is still too early to know.... you may get the A in the next 8 weeks before the formal list is created.

tumbleweed GIF

I'm dying for an update

Reactions: 3 users
Brody is terrible about giving updates. Anyone have the courage to email and see what’s up. Interviewed first week of October and driving myself crazy not hearing anything back

Brody is terrible about giving updates. Anyone have the courage to email and see what’s up. Interviewed first week of October and driving myself crazy not hearing anything back
I interviewed in October as well and haven’t heard anything back. I’ve also been too scared to email lol, but I’m assuming this means either WL or an R, especially since they haven’t sent out any post-II Rs yet.

II today! Pretty late submission (at the beginning of the cycle I mistakenly thought they didn't have a school of public health and I'm trying to do a dual-degree), complete 10/26/22.

Reactions: 3 users
II today! Pretty late submission (at the beginning of the cycle I mistakenly thought they didn't have a school of public health and I'm trying to do a dual-degree), complete 10/26/22.
Congrats! How far are they scheduling?

I got the call this morning and was accepted!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
post-II rejection, interviewed 9/14. good luck everyone

• Sad
Are they still sending II’s?? I’m in-state and was complete mid august, yet have heard nothing from here :(

Has anyone reached out to the office to see if they finalized the second look weekend date? I don't want to bother them if others have already asked.

Since the last update, the Δ for interviews and offers: 15 and 21 respectively.....

Regardless of offering to earlier interviewed candidates, there are about 35 spots left....

Since the last update, the Δ for interviews and offers: 15 and 21 respectively.....

Regardless of offering to earlier interviewed candidates, there are about 35 spots left....

Looks like ECU is really reducing their II rate compared to last year - I wonder if it’s because there were less applicants? It’s hella sad our state school has a ~25% II rate though

i'm late but i received a rejection on 12/21! complete 7/5. kind of expected it d/t lack of mission fit-- good luck to everyone left in the running!!

Looks like ECU is really reducing their II rate compared to last year - I wonder if it’s because there were less applicants? It’s hella sad our state school has a ~25% II rate though
It’s so sad - we only have 2 state schools🥲 They completed 325 interviews by Jan. 24 last year, and 304 interviews by Feb. 1 two years ago. Maybe they are trying to interview less people to increase their post-II A rate

The Δ verified application is only around 60. 2022 applications 1156; 2023 applications: 1095

Below is what I posted earlier with today's update. It appears they are stepping up on the acceptance rate 2-3 weeks earlier than last year with much fewer IIs like you said. Of course, we assume the applicants' quality is the same year over year.

Jan 25 2022 = 68 As, 325 II (compare to Jan 10 2023: 68 As, 258 IIs; Jan 30 2023: 89 As, 273 IIs)

Mar 15 = 100 As,

Mar 25, = 110, As,

Last edited:
The Δ verified application is only around 60. 2022 applications 1156; 2023 applications: 1095

Below is what I posted earlier with today's update. It appears they are stepping up on the acceptance rate 2-3 weeks earlier than last year with much fewer IIs like you said. Of course, we assume the applicants' quality is the same year over year.

Jan 25 2022 = 68 As, 325 II (in comparison to Jan 10 2023: 68 As, 258 IIs; Jan 30 2023: 89 As, 273 IIs)

Mar 15 = 100 As,

Mar 25, = 110, As,

I'm almost positive that they are done with sending out IIs.

Just got an II today!

Reactions: 5 users
Got an ii yesterday!! IS and URM. App complete early august!

Reactions: 4 users
Joining SDN a little late but I received an II on 1/23 and interviewed on 1/31. IS and ORM. Now its just a waiting game 😪

Reactions: 8 users
Sorry if it's already been answered but does ECU do rolling admissions throughout Feb/March? And is it just a phone call or an email or both? Thank you!

Joining SDN a little late but I received an II on 1/23 and interviewed on 1/31. IS and ORM. Now its just a waiting game 😪
also for anyone who interviewed recently, did you automatically receive an admission? bc i got an email that said "right now, your status will remain as "interview"..." so does this mean im waitlisted lol