2021-2022 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we need to explain Ws that don't appear on the transcript?
I wouldnt. Doesnt really seem like a W, just a dropped class before W deadline?

Members don't see this ad.

Can I just say that this is the most painful secondary I've had to fill out. The font and UI is way too big and there's no saving your progress. I've had to retype everything twice already.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How in depth should we go on our explanation for each of the prompts we answer yes to? I have quite a few secondaries which watch the prompts pretty well, but they're around 2500 characters each.

Not sure if they would get annoyed with the length of my essays haha

Reactions: 1 user
PLEASE HELP HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO EXPLAIN THIS "I will have a Baccalaureate Degree by the time I matriculate into medical school."

like are you guys just doing one sentence saying when you graduated and what your major is?
You only need to answer if you say no.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a way to get around the requirement of a letter of rec being from someone in my major? I was a psychology major, so I got only science letters and letter from an english class.

Is there a way to get around the requirement of a letter of rec being from someone in my major? I was a psychology major, so I got only science letters and letter from an english class.
I emailed and called multiple times about this topic with no response yet.

Hi guys, does anyone know how strict the letter guidelines are for science profs? Their requirements say faculty who have taught the applicant in a classroom are required; one of my science letters is from a professor who graded me based on my performance in his lab (no lecture) Any idea if this will suffice?

Hi guys, does anyone know how strict the letter guidelines are for science profs? Their requirements say faculty who have taught the applicant in a classroom are required; one of my science letters is from a professor who graded me based on my performance in his lab (no lecture) Any idea if this will suffice?
I'd imagine it will suffice. Several comments in this thread, including the one directly above yours, address some concerns about how strict the LOR requirements will be. So far there has been no response from Einstein.

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't sound like it will. It seems easy enough to add "or lab" to the requirement if that's what they wanted.

The purpose for the LORs from faculty is very specific -- the schools want impressions of academic performance that go beyond what appears on a transcript, not lab performance and not EC performance. That's why they word it the way they do.

I'm not sure whether or not failing to give them what they asked for will kill your application, but I honestly don't think asking for an exception, whether or not they grant it, will make your application stronger than those who have a LOR from faculty who taught them in a classroom. JMHO.

Wait for them to reach out to you if they need another science faculty letter. They marked me complete initially, but I guess someone started reading my letters and they marked me as incomplete again and wanted another science faculty letter. I know, because that's what happened to me.

I ended up submitted without a letter from my major since they never responded to my email.

Anyone else not receive any type of email confirmation not even for the payment?

I ended up submitted without a letter from my major since they never responded to my email.

Anyone else not receive any type of email confirmation not even for the payment?
I got a "supplemental and photo received" email and a "application complete" email the morning after I submitted. I didn't get a payment confirmation email!

following for updates
Just an FYI, there's a button at the top of every thread (Watch) that you can use to receive updates on it through notifications on SDN and over email, if you'd like, without having to comment in threads.

Hi, everyone, is the Fail in Pass/Fail count as F in the grade? In my transcript is the letter "N".....Not sure I should answer if I have any "F" on my transcript. I don't think the Fail in Pass/Fail counts as an F grade unless your school has a specific letter grade for it because different schools have different standards, the F grade should be based on your letter grade on the "AMCAS grade". Let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Hi, everyone, is the Fail in Pass/Fail count as F in the grade? In my transcript is the letter "N".....Not sure I should answer if I have any "F" on my transcript. I don't think the Fail in Pass/Fail counts as an F grade unless your school has a specific letter grade for it because different schools have different standards, the F grade should be based on your letter grade on the "AMCAS grade". Let me know what you think!
If the N grade means that you failed, then you failed and should answer the prompt accordingly.

If the N grade means that you failed, then you failed and should answer the prompt accordingly.
Thanks! I check with my school, they told me it means I got a grade less than C, but not F, so I can be C-, D+, D, D-. I will try to contact my professor to see if I got a D for that class.

Thanks! I check with my school, they told me it means I got a grade less than C, but not F, so I can be C-, D+, D, D-. I will try to contact my professor to see if I got a D for that class.
Hopefully they can be helpful. My way of looking at it is that a pass-fail class has two options: pass or fail. If you didn't pass, that only leaves one other option.

But I might be oversimplifying.

No need. You're overthinking it. A No Credit in a P/F class is NOT the same as failing a class with a letter grade. It doesn't go into your AMCAS GPA. In addition, they can see your transcript, so the question has a simple yes or no answer. You don't need to do extensive research to accurately answer the question!! :)

No need. You're overthinking it. A No Credit in a P/F class is NOT the same as failing a class with a letter grade. It doesn't go into your AMCAS GPA. In addition, they can see your transcript, so the question has a simple yes or no answer. You don't need to do extensive research to accurately answer the question!! :)
I didn't know "no credit" was a thing. Glad someone with more knowledge than me chimed in!

Thanks!!

We may not have received your Supplemental Application because the Gateway section must be submitted by pressing the "I'm Done Uploading Documents" button. Please make sure you have done that.

I received an email like this after I submitted my application, now I was worried because I didn't remember I pressed the "I'm Done Uploading Documents" button. Did you guys have trouble submitting your application? They told me that they received my photo

We may not have received your Supplemental Application because the Gateway section must be submitted by pressing the "I'm Done Uploading Documents" button. Please make sure you have done that.

I received an email like this after I submitted my application, now I was worried because I didn't remember I pressed the "I'm Done Uploading Documents" button. Did you guys have trouble submitting your application? They told me that they received my photo
Hm can you log in and double check the photo section? After uploading the picture, I had to click that I was done uploading it. Weird that they said they received your photo though.

I didn't know "no credit" was a thing. Glad someone with more knowledge than me chimed in!
Yeah, I was surprised when I first saw this as well. Directly from the AMCAS Applicant Guide:

"Most courses with the AMCAS Course Type listed below are not included in AMCAS GPA calculations. Instead, the total hours for each of these categories are reported to medical schools under the heading “Supplemental Hours.”

° Pass/Fail-Pass
° Pass/Fail-Fail
° Advanced Placement (AP) Credit
° College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
° Other Test Credit"

For the transfer question, I am a little confused about what to write. Should I just mention that I transferred from one school to another? Or do they just want me to say that I transferred?
I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking about mentioning reasons I transfered. The 3000 character limit for it is really throwing me off lol

if there is a compelling story to why you transferred (depending on what it was) I would consider including it.

I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking about mentioning reasons I transfered. The 3000 character limit for it is really throwing me off lol
I think it depends on the situation. I transfer from a Community College to 4-year college, which I only explained in 2 sentences. I didn't even talk about the reason for transfer, it is obvious enough that the community college doesn't offer bachelor's, and transfer from community college to 4-year college is very common. But if you transfer from a 4-year college to another 4-year college, then maybe you want to spend more time talking about why. That's just my opinion, but it also depends on your situation.

I talked about a few reasons why I transferred but it took me less than 1000 characters. I wouldn't worry about getting close to any character limits

Hm can you log in and double check the photo section? After uploading the picture, I had to click that I was done uploading it. Weird that they said they received your photo though.
I think they receive both, maybe I forget that I actually press the bottom :) Thanks!

Is anyone else having trouble submitting their secondary app? I've got everything completed but cant select "Submit my response and pay"

Is anyone else having trouble submitting their secondary app? I've got everything completed but cant select "Submit my response and pay"
Earlier I received an email saying "We may not have received your Supplemental Application because the Gateway section must be submitted by pressing the "I'm Done Uploading Documents" button. Please make sure you have done that." Did you upload your photo? Did you press the I'm done button?

Earlier I received an email saying "We may not have received your Supplemental Application because the Gateway section must be submitted by pressing the "I'm Done Uploading Documents" button. Please make sure you have done that." Did you upload your photo? Did you press the I'm done button?

I actually uploaded my photo yesterday and it looks like it went through. At the bottom of the page, it says Uploaded 1/1 with a green check mark so I don't believe that's the issue.

PSA: For anyone submitting the MSTP secondary, the portal will not accept your application as having been completed unless you check one of the "prior research experiences" from the first list. Unfortunately, the list is split in two parts and I had only selected experiences on the second list so it wasn't recognizing that I had completed all of the sections. I ended up checking "cell biology" because it's somewhat related to my prior experiences and it let me submit.
1628802584741.png

If anyone has emailed AECOM admissions before, approximately how long did they take to respond to you?

Congratulations! Would u mind sharing your stats? Any ties to school?
LM 72.4, 3.7x/517, WARS ~82. I have a weak tie to the school (family member is a midlevel provider in the system), but nothing strong at all.

II just now! 3.6/509, IS, URM

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
II! As a reapplicant too :) (IS, ORM)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users