2021-2022 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II, OOS. Complete 7/2/21.

Anyone know the time zone for the interviews? Are the listed ones EST?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
II!!! OOS, ORM, no ties, 74 LM, complete 7/3.
Absolutely losing my mind.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody complete around or after 7/21 get an II?

I got an II today! OOS, 2.85 ugrad GPA, 3.74 grad GPA, 517, ORM, and complete 07/01.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Can anyone post the link to the secondary application?

I have had a nightmare happen to my application where I am not receiving emails from some medical schools. To make a long story short, Einstein gave me a secondary over a month ago, and I never received it. I received their reminder email to complete my secondary though (That's how I know I was supposed to receive one). And unfortunately, the admissions office has not returned my phone calls or emails. It would really help if someone can post the link. Thanks and Good Luck to everyone during the cycle!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

I have had a nightmare happen to my application where I am not receiving emails from some medical schools. To make a long story short, Einstein gave me a secondary over a month ago, and I never received it. I received their reminder email to complete my secondary though (That's how I know I was supposed to receive one). And unfortunately, the admissions office has not returned my phone calls or emails. It would really help if someone can post the link. Thanks and Good Luck to everyone during the cycle!
I’m very sorry to hear about this. Their secondary goes directly to an applicant gateway through AAMC and, although I tried to post it for you, it seems like it’s specific to the applicant so I’m not sure it would work. If there are other schools you are missing you can message me and I’ll see if I can help. Good luck to you!

I’m very sorry to hear about this. Their secondary goes directly to an applicant gateway through AAMC and, although I tried to post it for you, it seems like it’s specific to the applicant so I’m not sure it would work. If there are other schools you are missing you can message me and I’ll see if I can help. Good luck to you!
No. I have resolved the issue at the other medical schools I have applied to. Einstein is the only one I do not have now. Are you not able to copy the URL before signing in? Thank you @UsernameChecksOut for your help.

Members don't see this ad :)
For my MSTP applicants, I was feeling a bit neurotic and last year MD/PhD rejections for those who submitted in July/Early August received rejections on 9/16 and interviews for those who submitted in a similar time frame went out on 9/18. Some people posted rejections in the Md/phd thread yesterday so here's hoping there's some news soon

I know this might be dumb advice, but I found that during my application cycle a lot of my Einstein emails were going to my spam folder. To the point that I was practically crying on the phones with the admissions office trying to accept my offer and literally while I was on the phone with them I found the missing emails in my spam. Felt like an idiot and no idea why that happened but definitely worth a check if you haven't yet. Otherwise, just keep trying to reach out to the admissions office. They're busy right now handling everything but don't give up!

Could you try setting up email forwarding to a different inbox to maybe bypass whatever is happening with yours?

I know this might be dumb advice, but I found that during my application cycle a lot of my Einstein emails were going to my spam folder. To the point that I was practically crying on the phones with the admissions office trying to accept my offer and literally while I was on the phone with them I found the missing emails in my spam. Felt like an idiot and no idea why that happened but definitely worth a check if you haven't yet. Otherwise, just keep trying to reach out to the admissions office. They're busy right now handling everything but don't give up!

Could you try setting up email forwarding to a different inbox to maybe bypass whatever is happening with yours?
I am happy to report that they finally got back to me with the secondary application invite!

The emails are not going to my spam. My undergrad is blocking the emails entirely. I have been in touch with my university's IT department in order to fix this issue, but it is very complicated. I believe that I have a short term solution for now. It is so strange because I have received emails/notifications from 90%+ of the schools I applied to. But Einstein was one of those few schools where I received nothing. Thanks for your help and concern @PressorStressor

If anyone wants to chat before their interview just msg me! Bored MS1.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
For my MSTP applicants, I was feeling a bit neurotic and last year MD/PhD rejections for those who submitted in July/Early August received rejections on 9/16 and interviews for those who submitted in a similar time frame went out on 9/18. Some people posted rejections in the Md/phd thread yesterday so here's hoping there's some news soon
I appreciate this post, but I’ve also been extra on edge since haha

• Haha
Hey guys! I just finished my interview a couple of days ago and wanted to send a thank you letter. How soon after should I send it and what should be the content of the letter? Does Albert E even accept them?

Hey guys! I just finished my interview a couple of days ago and wanted to send a thank you letter. How soon after should I send it and what should be the content of the letter? Does Albert E even accept them?
Send that thank you out ASAP, generally it should be within a few days of the interview (don't beat yourself up though if a little time has passed, it'll be fine). Doesn't have to be anything crazy, mostly a 'thank you for your time' type thing, a couple sentences touching on a topic or two that you discussed or a piece of information/something about the school and/or interviewer you learned that stuck with you. Any areas where you felt like your background/goals/strengths align with the school's based on your discussion. It doesn't need to be more than a short paragraph, two at best.

I emailed one to my interviewer. Never heard back from him but it's still considered the polite thing to do, and he emailed me congratulating me on my acceptance once it came.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
For those of you who got an II, did they send you a confirmation email once you signed up and/or signed the interview agreement form?

For those of you who got an II, did they send you a confirmation email once you signed up and/or signed the interview agreement form?
I got a confirmation that my interview was scheduled, but no confirmation of signing the agreement.

I got a confirmation that my interview was scheduled, but no confirmation of signing the agreement.
mm ok....how long after you signed up did you get a confirmation?

edit: in my spam hahah thank you!!! and gl!!!!

Anyone heard anything on the MSTP side of things? Complete 7/1

Anyone heard anything on the MSTP side of things? Complete 7/1
Got rejected a few days ago complete around same time. A few people got interviews with complete dates around here as well.

Hey everyone! I was looking at the completed secondary page and noticed that they said that they would review your application within eight weeks. It has been over 8 weeks since I have been complete, is silence a soft r at this point?

This is what it says: "If you have also remitted the application fee, submitted your photo, completed your MCATS and seen to it that all your evaluations have been received, your application will be reviewed within eight weeks."

Hey everyone! I was looking at the completed secondary page and noticed that they said that they would review your application within eight weeks. It has been over 8 weeks since I have been complete, is silence a soft r at this point?

This is what it says: "If you have also remitted the application fee, submitted your photo, completed your MCATS and seen to it that all your evaluations have been received, your application will be reviewed within eight weeks."
Yeah def been over 8 weeks for me as well. My guess is that they have reviewed our apps, but they're not ready to make any decisions on ours yet, so we're probably floating around on an internal re-review or something. Unfortunately they don't commit to telling us anything within 8 weeks, which would have been nice

got the II during my interview 1 min ago. didn't even have the right LOR and talked about why i didn't have it. 515 urm 3.9x oos no ties submitted july 27th

Reactions: 2 users
II; Complete 7/24; OOS

Reactions: 2 users
II this morning! OOS no ties, URM, LizzyM = 80, complete 7/30

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II this morning, was in spam folder.

Reactions: 3 users
II 5 minutes ago! OOS. LM: 75. Complete 07/01, so there's definitely hope for people that submitted early.

Also got an II yesterday! IS, LM75, Complete 7/30

Anyone going to the Diversity seminar this afternoon? I am very excited they are offering this!
Nice! I had one question about this diversity seminar. Was this conducted in a group setting or did you meet one on one with student organization representatives?

Nice! I had one question about this diversity seminar. Was this conducted in a group setting or did you meet one on one with student organization representatives?
I attended a couple of weeks ago. It was in a group setting and there were no breakout rooms. The students were really helpful and candid though!

MS1 here! feel free to dm me if you need any advice or have any questions- the process is brutal- gluck yall- you made it this far, dont give up:)

• Love
I was complete in September last cycle and didn't get my II until March!

Hi,

Anyone with an interview: When did you receive your zoom interview email link? It says 1 week before on the interview portal, but I have mine 10/15 and haven't received anything.

Thanks!

Hi,

Anyone with an interview: When did you receive your zoom interview email link? It says 1 week before on the interview portal, but I have mine 10/15 and haven't received anything.

Thanks!
I got mine 4 days before my interview!