2021-2022 Hofstra (Zucker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just interviewed yesterday, and the interview coordinator stated that we're able to upload an unlimited amount of thank you letters to the application portal. I'm guessing this means that I should be writing a letter for each of my MMI interviewers? I'm not sure how personalized and varied they should be

Members don't see this ad.

I just interviewed yesterday, and the interview coordinator stated that we're able to upload an unlimited amount of thank you letters to the application portal. I'm guessing this means that I should be writing a letter for each of my MMI interviewers? I'm not sure how personalized and varied they should be
Havent interviewed here but having a similar dilemma at another school. Don’t even know what I could write to an MMI interviewer beyond “thank you for the opportunity.” Plus would it have to vary from interviewer to interviewer?

I thanked the committee, those who coordinated the interview, and the interviewers in one letter.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II! I was complete early July (LM 76 and OOS).

Reactions: 5 users
Forgot to report this but I got an II on 10/7. Complete early July. OOS w/ no ties.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Does Hofstra give out pre-II R’s? I was complete in early July and I haven’t heard anything.

II!! Complete mid-July, ties to state

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Also received an II about an hour ago! OOS, no ties, complete early July

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how relaxed they are with the interview? And also do they actually ask mostly ethical based questions like most MMI's?
All of my stations were relatively chill except 1, which I'm almost positive was a stress interview

Reactions: 3 users
I'm interviewing soon and was wondering if I should be okay as long as I know my own app well, have good answers for why medicine and why Hofstra, and I'm not a sociopath and can talk through ethical scenarios? I'm so nervous for this one

I'm interviewing soon and was wondering if I should be okay as long as I know my own app well, have good answers for why medicine and why Hofstra, and I'm not a sociopath and can talk through ethical scenarios? I'm so nervous for this one
yes! all my questions were very straight forward typical MMI questions/scenarios. nothing meant to trick us I don't think. you got this! good luck!!

Make sure you’re ready for a stress interview, (at least one)

Yes. Major 🥲 but I’m a stressed out person lol so it didn’t help
lmaoooo I feel you on that!! i'm wondering if we interviewed the same day or if it was the same person, but regardless I'm sure you handled it the best you could!

Make sure you’re ready for a stress interview, (at least one)
I don’t recall a stress test 🤔. I suppose they could have different MMI scenarios, but it would be unfair to have a stress scenario on only some interview days.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t recall a stress test 🤔. I suppose they could have different MMI scenarios, but it would be unfair to have a stress scenario on only some interview days.
I don't remember having one either

Ditto here. Maybe i was just too out of it to even notice it was a stress station

Any tips on preparing for Hofstra's Interview?

Any tips on preparing for Hofstra's Interview?
I would read through HomeSkool's Guide to Multiple Mini Interviews and just practice your responses to MMI ethics-based questions!

I would read through HomeSkool's Guide to Multiple Mini Interviews and just practice your responses to MMI ethics-based questions!
Are we allowed to take notes when we first get the prompt?

Are we allowed to take notes when we first get the prompt?
I believe Hofstra lets you type your notes, which you 'submit', but they are not evaluated.

radio silence since mid july, not sure whether to take that as a pre-II R or not

II just received, but I’ll be withdrawing from this one. Hope that II goes to one of y’all!

OOS ORM, application complete on 07/06

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
What are the soonest available interview days for y'all?

where are you supposed to type the notes? In a separate word doc window that you open up on your computer? Won't that cover up the Zoom window/scenario?
You take notes directly in the chatbox, and the interviewer is trained to disregard whatever you type and send during the two mins you have to read. However, don't worry, they will explain everything clearly

havent heard anything and complete in early/mid july... soft R?
I've heard that they send pre-II Rs before the end of interview season, so IDK. I was also complete mid-july

For those who had a stress test station, what exactly does that look like? Do they kinda just grill you to test whether you'd hold your stance on an issue/situation?

II, OOS, complete 10/16 ~ 1 hr ago
The only date I could choose was in early Dec

sorry if this is a dumb question, i know that hofstra accepts update letters but do you think we can upload letters of interest in the additional documents section? or should those be emailed?

Around what date in December do people hear back about post-interview decisions? Also, any idea what's the cut-off date for interviews which will be considered for that release date?

Around what date in December do people hear back about post-interview decisions? Also, any idea what's the cut-off date for interviews which will be considered for that release date?
December 17th according to last year's thread. It says in the email after the interview in March though, but I remember the Dean saying that it would be in December. I don't know the answer to your second question though :(

II on 11/30, OOS, LM 74.5! Only available interview date was 12/3 looooooool

• Haha
Are we thinking T-2 weeks until first batch of decisions?