2021-2022 Hofstra (Zucker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
first batch of acceptances coming "before the holidays", from the interview today

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
first batch of acceptances coming "before the holidays", from the interview today
Did they say if non-A decisions will come out at the same time? Or do they only send out Rs and WLs in Spring?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am planning to send a post-ii update letter. For those that have done this, have you just uploaded it to the section on the portal? Or did you also send an email stating you've submitted an update? Thanks.

I am planning to send a post-ii update letter. For those that have done this, have you just uploaded it to the section on the portal? Or did you also send an email stating you've submitted an update? Thanks.
On my interview day, they told us to upload letters on the portal. They didn't specifically address your question but I got the sense they wanted us to only use the portal.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think its worth sending an update now? With decisions potentially coming up in 1-2 weeks, I wonder if perhaps I should save an update letter with some recent accomplishments for if I get waitlisted. What do y'all think is the move? I'm thinking maybe theyve already made their decisions.

Do you think its worth sending an update now? With decisions potentially coming up in 1-2 weeks, I wonder if perhaps I should save an update letter with some recent accomplishments for if I get waitlisted. What do y'all think is the move? I'm thinking maybe theyve already made their decisions.
I was thinking of sending the update letter but feel like by now they probably already made a decision.

Are decisions dependent on when you interviewed? Like I interviewed on 12/3, would I hear back in a few weeks or are they reviewing appllicants chronologically based on interview dates

Are decisions dependent on when you interviewed? Like I interviewed on 12/3, would I hear back in a few weeks or are they reviewing appllicants chronologically based on interview dates
This is entirely a guess but I would assume they'll let out admissions decisions in batches like the other rolling schools. So the earlier interview dates will probably hear back this month and the others will hear back at another time? Ik during the September dates we were told we'd hear back in December. I would just email to clarify if i were u!

I interviewed the same week as you and they mentioned their first decisions would start right before the holidays, so I'd assume there's still a chance for us to hear back then; however, according to last year's thread the first decisions for people who interviewed in late Nov/early Dec weren't released until January.

According to a current student from last year's thread "they [Hofstra] release decisions in batches that may or may not include everyone from a given interview day (although they generally try to do so)." So chronology does matter but isn't absolute.

Complete 8/4 and haven't heard anything yet, hope it's not gonna be a pre-II R :(

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Soooo, not to trigger a flurry of neuroticism, but ZSOM has break starting Saturday. We thinking some decisions might go out in the next few days? That would be consistent with years past... o_O:oops::eek:

Reactions: 2 users
Soooo, not to trigger a flurry of neuroticism, but ZSOM has break starting Saturday. We thinking some decisions might go out in the next few days? That would be consistent with years past... o_O:oops::eek:
Yea, their first decisions seem to be released on Thursdays. So most likely tomorrow!

• Wow
My bad if this was answered before but do yall know if A's are by phone or email ?

just got the A!! came via email about an hour ago

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
they historically don't send every decision at once, they'll prob trickle in over a couple of days. rooting for you!!
Thanks for the reassurance :D we just want to be in the same class as a cool kid such as yourself

• Love
Accepted just now! ....the email was kind of confusing though

Edit: interviewed late September

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anybody mind sharing the exact times they received their acceptance email?

Reactions: 1 users
JUST got the A 3 minutes ago. Clearly it is not all at the same time. Interviewed 9/23 :D

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Its so nice seeing all the As, congrats everyone! :) I was a december interview so I doubt I'll be hearing anytime soon