2021-2022 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unfortunately, this is generally true. Hopkins only does need based aid. My personal experience and that of a few of my classmates, is that Hopkins does not match aid. Although, aid has improved in the years after my first year, so hopefully your cohort will experience that improvement as well. That being said, it's always worth setting a meeting with one of the Financial Aid officers. They are very responsive and helpful! Starting with the CSS and FAFSA profile is good advice!

Members don't see this ad.

so sorry if this was asked before, but should we expect the next round of acceptances to be in April or March? What has happened for previous years? Also, do they accept pre-decision letters of intent?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R right now.

It was fun ladies and gents. F in chat for our future Pre-II R comrades :cryi:

And good luck to those waiting to hear back!

• Care
Anyone know when the last wave of decisions come out?

From past year threads:

2021: March 22 (Monday)
2020: March 16 (Monday)
2019: March 26 (Tuesday)
2018: March 28 (Wednesday)
2017: March 28 (Tuesday)

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting! I had thought that I was told March 15th, but I must've been wrong about that. I wrote down "end of March" in my spreadsheet - not sure where that came from, but might have been said by peeps during the interview. Not super helpful, I know. Good luck to you all though!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
In general when can we expect to see match results each year? Before the end of the month? Thanks!

anyone know when decisions are typically released (evening or morning)?

In general when can we expect to see match results each year? Before the end of the month? Thanks!
Here's the list :)
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
(124 matches)

Anesthesiology - 9

Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Brigham & Womens
MGH
Yale
Stanford
Barnes-Jewish

Child Neurology - 3
CHOP
Boston Children's
Oregon

Dermatology - 7
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
UPMC
UCSF
Mayo Clinic
Northwestern

Emergency Medicine - 4
Johns Hopkins
MGH
MGH
Maine

ENT - 5
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Mayo Clinic
IndianaU
U Washington

Family Medicine - 3
U Maryland
HCA Houston / U Houston
Maine

General Surgery - 5
UCSF
Yale
Mount Sinai
Vanderbilt
UTMB

Internal Medicine - 20
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Mayo
UCSF
UCSF
UCSD
UCSD
UCLA
UCLA
Duke
Stanford
Stanford
BI Deaconess
Brigham & Womens
Brigham & Womens
NYP - Columbia
Scripps
U Michigan
Vanderbilt

Med-Peds - 3
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Duke

Interventional Radiology - 1
Johns Hopkins

Neurology - 5
Johns Hopkins
Brigham & Womens
Brigham & Womens
U Michigan
Stanford

Neurosurgery - 8
Johns Hopkins
Barrow Neurological Inst at SJHMC
Stanford
Utah
Emory
UCSD
USF Morsani
Penn

OB/GYN - 4
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Duke
Christiana Care

Ophthalmology - 10
Johns Hopkins
Columbia U / Harkness
Harvard - Mass Eye & Ear
UCSF
UVA
New York Eye & Ear
Wills Eye (Jefferson)
Tufts
WashU
Albany Medical

Orthopaedic Surgery - 5
Johns Hopkins
Duke
Thomas Jefferson
Mount Sinai
U Miami

Pathology - 2
UCSF
Johns Hopkins

Pediatrics - 9
Johns Hopkins
Boston Children's
Boston Children's
U Colorado
CHOP
MGH
Stanford
San Antonio Military
St Louis Children's

Plastics - 4
Johns Hopkins
UPMC
UCSF
Brigham & Womens

Psychiatry - 8
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
MGH
Alabama
U Washington
Tufts
George Washington

Radiation Oncology - 3
MGH
Johns Hopkins
Kaiser permanente - LA

Radiology - 3
NYP - Cornell
UCSF
UC Davis

Urology - 3
Johns Hopkins
U Miami
Penn

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know when decisions are typically released (evening or morning)?
This cycle round 1 was around 11am, round 2 was around 3:30pm. But last year the March 22nd round was released around 9pm (EST) based on SDN posts so who knows! I'll just be over here staring at my email 24/7

• Wow
just a question - but anyone know the latest time it's been sent in recent years aside from 9 pm because i'm tryna sleep

just a question - but anyone know the latest time it's been sent in recent years aside from 9 pm because i'm tryna sleep
9pm was the latest!! Usually is around noonish, via email. I definitely didn't make a chart of the date, time, and day of week of each round of decisions for the past 6 cycles... ok yes I did it's attached

Attachments

• 20220323_095021.jpg
    20220323_095021.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 320
9pm was the latest!! Usually is around noonish, via email. I definitely didn't make a chart of the date, time, and day of week of each round of decisions for the past 6 cycles... ok yes I did it's attached
premeds are not neurotic. i repeat premeds are NOT neurotic

Doctor handwriting confirmed, there's no way you don't get in

It's out guys, unfortunately caught the R :(. Congrats to those who got accepted!

• Care
Put on the alternate list just now. Looks like I'll be holding my breath for a bit longer on this one! Anyone know if they accept letters of intent?

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Received the A! Does anyone know if there is an accepted student FB group?

• Love
Is there an accepted students' groupchat out there?

Saw a Reddit post talking about schools giving things like laptops/iPads etc to incoming students, and was wondering if any current students could tell us if JHU gives anything to M1s?

Saw a Reddit post talking about schools giving things like laptops/iPads etc to incoming students, and was wondering if any current students could tell us if JHU gives anything to M1s?
Hopkins does not provide laptops/iPads to students. I have not heard that this will change for the new class. :/

For those who are planning to or have already "committed," was it just changing to Plan to Enroll on the CYMS tool? Any other things we have to do or acknowledge, other than the statement of intent from decisions season?

hi, to those withdrawing their acceptance, how do we do it? I cannot seem to access the application portal anymore.

Just received a call today at around 4PM informing me I have been accepted off of the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hello All! We just got an email about clerkship grading. Many of you have had questions regarding this, but nothing had been decided at the time. However, this email has those answers!

tl;dr Hopkins SOM will continue to have P/F grading for all core and advanced clerkships for at least the next three academic years.
Full email:

Dear Classmates,

We are writing to inform you of an important vote on the grading policies for clerkships at JHUSOM.

For the past year, students from the Medical Student Senate have served on the 2022 Clerkship Grading Task Force. The charge of this task force was to prepare a proposal that recommended either continuation of pass/fail grading or implementation of an alternative grading system after August 6, 2022. This task force was not charged with determining how grades are calculated in each clerkship. Faculty stakeholders on the task force included OMSC deans, Clerkship Directors, Sub-Internship Directors, OAE, and OMSA.

The task force reviewed a variety of data, including published literature on outcomes from other institutions that have used pass/fail vs. tiered grading, results from inter-institutional surveys, learner outcome metrics such as shelf exams and clerkship grading, as well as the MSS survey on student clerkship grading opinions.

The final proposal from this task force was as follows: "The Clerkship Grading Task Force recommends that pass/fail grading for required core and advanced clerkships remain in place for at least the next three academic years." This proposal was presented at last month's meeting of UMEPCC and was approved by a formal vote of UMEPCC today.

This change will be accompanied by several ongoing analyses and piloted new forms of clinical assessment:

In the immediate term, OMSC is partnering with OMSA/ODIHE to create faculty and resident development around appropriate use of the current and future assessment tools, including the writing of narrative assessment.

In the short term (and in-progress), OAE/OMSA will survey recent graduates on satisfaction with match results and will also collect data prospectively, and OAE/Clerkship Directors will complete the modeling of a non-compensatory grading model in order to create a transparent criterion-based assessment model.

In the longer term, there are plans to pilot a competency assessment tool for clinical performance using entrustable professional activities (EPAs) which require direct observation. There are also plans to compare data from pass/fail and 4-Tier systems to assess whether a pass/fail system, at a minimum, does not cause harm to learner outcomes (e.g. attainment of knowledge and skills, residency match), and ongoing efforts to assess whether a pass/fail system improves wellness/decreases stress among learners.

Reactions: 2 users