2020-2021 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II as well, complete late August.

Members don't see this ad.

Are any other public school kids slightly intimidated by how the FB group is like 99% HYPSM+? The impostor syndrome is settling in y'all 😭

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are any other public school kids slightly intimidated by how the FB group is like 99% HYPSM+? The impostor syndrome is settling in y'all 😭
I would be intimidated, but also not in the group. Would love to, if any JHU adcom members are lurking around here!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Definitely relate to that. Not really impostor syndrome, more so afraid I won't be able to relate to my future classmates as much. Although I'm sure we are just overthinking it. We all made it in the end!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Definitely relate to that. Not really impostor syndrome, more so afraid I won't be able to relate to my future classmates as much. Although I'm sure we are just overthinking it. We all made it in the end!
Ehh. Other than some of them maybe being a little more impressed with themselves, they are no different from anyone else receiving As at this tier of school. There is absolutely no reason at all to feel even a little intimidated by them. :cool:

Believe me -- I know more than a few people who either go to or graduated from top tier med schools. No matter where they attended UG, the one thing that have in common is that they are all serious overachievers. The hardest thing about a top tier UG is getting in. Same with med school. Once you pass that screen, you are all in the exact same place. Congratulations!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just received an II as well! Just when I thought the cycle was over! (PS: Complete early October.)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They are allowing me to schedule on 2/11- 2/12 and 2/18-2/19. @MDToBe1! , I was complete 10/15. I think they will have another II send out next week too; sending out positive vibes for everyone still waiting!
Thank you so much for the feedback!

Another public school kid! Don't even sweat it, we're all the same now lol

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
08/27 complete date, complete silence... I'd like my R at this point, please! Thanks for ending my suffering.
:coffee::love:

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like that might be true unfortunately. I've heard that Hopkins is not great on Financial Aid (perhaps a current student can chime in here?). Although the video they sent us during the interview says that 54% of admitted students get a scholarship (different from general financial aid which could also include loans) sooo who knows!
Current M1 who received merit scholarship (was not eligible for need-based aid given my parents income). It is possible to receive merit $ but I have no idea what criteria they use considering the fact that my GPA and MCAT were about average for our class.

• Care
Current M1 who received merit scholarship (was not eligible for need-based aid given my parents income). It is possible to receive merit $ but I have no idea what criteria they use considering the fact that my GPA and MCAT were about average for our class.

That's good to hear! Were you an MD resident by any chance?

Just got an II!! Complete Oct 15, LM 77. Dates available are second half of Feb

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I got an II as well!!! Complete 10/22. LM 74.3

Interviews appear to be on thursdays and fridays in February, and its 2 hours long one faculty one student interview

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II today! Complete Sept 7th. LM 79. non-Canadian international student
When I tried to schedule, only the last week of February had space left. When does JHU usually end their interview season? Trying to figure out if I just signed up for the last interview day or something...

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Interview season this year is late August to late February
Thank you for letting us know!

I just noticed in MSAR that they say the acceptance notice latest date sent is March 1st, which does not make much sense if I will interview on Feb. 26th... Although on their website they say the final round of decisions will be released early April... Do they do multiple rounds of decision releasing even after all interviews are done? Thought that I had no hope for JHU so never did proper school research ugh :depressed:

Since they do not accept any updates pre-II, I haven't sent them any updates yet. Now I am thinking if I send them updates/LOI after my interview, it might be too late. Should I just go ahead and send them updates now? Will they accept it before the interview?

Do they tell you who you are interviewing with before the interview day begins?

Thank you for letting us know!

I just noticed in MSAR that they say the acceptance notice latest date sent is March 1st, which does not make much sense if I will interview on Feb. 26th... Although on their website they say the final round of decisions will be released early April... Do they do multiple rounds of decision releasing even after all interviews are done? Thought that I had no hope for JHU so never did proper school research ugh :depressed:

Since they do not accept any updates pre-II, I haven't sent them any updates yet. Now I am thinking if I send them updates/LOI after my interview, it might be too late. Should I just go ahead and send them updates now? Will they accept it before the interview?
Paul White said to expect to hear back by end of March during my interview (last week of Jan).

Current M1 here from a big public school! Definitely had similar concerns coming in, but I could not be more pleasantly surprised by how much I’ve loved being a part of this class! Nearly everyone is down to earth, friendly, sincere, and just a joy to be around. You will find that, regardless of the undergrad you attended, you are more similar to these people than you think. You deserve to be there just as much as they do, and their drive and enthusiasm will only serve to inspire and motivate you! Don’t be intimidated, be excited :soexcited:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
There was an interview with Paul White this year where he said that they do acceptances in batches at the end of December, end of January and end of march.

"We notify people in three rounds, depending on when they interview: December, end of January, end of March. And yet the percentage of acceptances is about the same relative to however many were interviewed."

Paul White said to expect to hear back by end of March during my interview (last week of Jan).
He also said in that interview that sending an update will have no impact

Hmm seems like interview season ends here this month. Anyone with the “in” know realistically when the last invitations will be sent out?

Do we email updates to Valerie, or is there a way to upload them online? Just wary of emailing her too many times and possibly being annoying

Do we email updates to Valerie, or is there a way to upload them online? Just wary of emailing her too many times and possibly being annoying
Pretty sure they said email anything to Valerie. How many times have you emailed? I don't think it could be too bad since they said they'd accept updates.

Okay than
Pretty sure they said email anything to Valerie. How many times have you emailed? I don't think it could be too bad since they said they'd accept updates.
Okay great, thanks! I've emailed with thank you letters and just wanted to check if we email updates too

• Care
Current M1 here from a big public school! Definitely had similar concerns coming in, but I could not be more pleasantly surprised by how much I’ve loved being a part of this class! Nearly everyone is down to earth, friendly, sincere, and just a joy to be around. You will find that, regardless of the undergrad you attended, you are more similar to these people than you think. You deserve to be there just as much as they do, and their drive and enthusiasm will only serve to inspire and motivate you! Don’t be intimidated, be excited :soexcited:
Hi!! Would you (or any other current students lurking on this thread!) mind shedding some light on the living situations of most first years? Would y'all recommend the 929? I understand that it's not in as exciting of an area as Fells/Mt. Vernon, but I'm wondering if it's worth it for the social aspect / to make friends !! :)

Would y'all recommend the 929?
There was some good discussion about this in last year's thread! The short version is that it's overpriced and not a good location - most people who start at 929 move elsewhere after M1 or M2 - but some people do like living dorm style with so many classmates if you liked that experience in college.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
There was some good discussion about this in last year's thread! The short version is that it's overpriced and not a good location - most people who start at 929 move elsewhere after M1 or M2 - but some people do like living dorm style with so many classmates if you liked that experience in college.
^+1 :)

Does Hopkins accept interview thank you letters? And if so, any thoughts on where to send them?

And does anyone know the timeline for notification of admissions decisions? Thanks!