2021-2022 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A!!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed early October, I'm shaking, this is my first!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to all the accepted applicants. I’ve been complete since July—should I give up hope for an II?

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted ~10:30 AM eastern!!!! So pumped. Congrats to everyone else.

Interviewed mid October, LM 82, WARS 101, ORM

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Feeling EXTREMELY prophetic rn I felt the Tuesday notif in my bones somehow. But wasn’t expecting an A, so that part had me shook. (Interviewed in October). But I was at work and checked my email and almost screamed in clinic lol. Super happy. Congrats to everyone, and to everyone who didn’t get the news they wanted, you’re freaking amazing, try not to let it bog ya down cuz you’re gonna be great doctors regardless

• Haha
First off, congrats to everyone that got accepted today! But as a consolation prize for myself, would anyone know what the WL movement is like for Hopkins?

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R complete Late August LM 75.8

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Are the pre-II Rs still rolling out today or did they all come in earlier?

Any other July completes still with no word? This is like the 5th thread I’ve posted this on lol

Reactions: 2 users
Any other July completes still with no word? This is like the 5th thread I’ve posted this on lol
At least we haven't been rejected yet.
I looked at last year's thread, and it looks like they continue to send IIs after Christmas
So there might be a chance

Reactions: 3 users
Was not expecting this, but absolutely thrilled! Just received an II this morning, complete 8/30, stats in sig

• Love
Same here. Silence from 10 schools since early July and I sent update letters. I'm dreading the wait over the holidays

Same here. Silence from 10 schools since early July and I sent update letters. I'm dreading the wait over the holidays
No offense, but your stats are significantly below the 10tile so idk if odds r in ur favor

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
No offense, but your stats are significantly below the 10tile so idk if odds r in ur favor
no offense taken. but then i am just confused why im not getting pre-II R's like other people... i am just in limbo

I have finally recieved an II 😭, hoping it comes to something and not just an R

im-still-worthy-thor.gif
Congrats! When were you complete?

Anyone know where to send post-interview updates? I know Hopkins doesn't accept pre-II updates, but I keep seeing in various places that they do accept post-ii updates just not sure where to send it.

Question for current students/people familiar with JHU lecture style:

hello! i was super fortunate to get the A here and I’ve really fallen for Hopkins. however I just heard from someone that lectures at Hopkins are very often taught by researchers, who go more in depth in their own areas & may not fully cover step material. any thoughts on this from current students or others, who have more knowledge about that? Does step being P/F make that less relevant? (Sorry if these are dumb questions, I’m still trying to navigate around different med school curriculums & do research about it so I’m just unsure about some stuff)

hello! i was super fortunate to get the A here and I’ve really fallen for Hopkins. however I just heard from someone that lectures at Hopkins are very often taught by researchers, who go more in depth in their own areas & may not fully cover step material. any thoughts on this from current students or others, who have more knowledge about that? Does step being P/F make that less relevant? (Sorry if these are dumb questions, I’m still trying to navigate around different med school curriculums & do research about it so I’m just unsure about some stuff)
I believe that’s how all medical schools are fyi. No one teaches with 100% overlap for step1.

This is why when you read many peoples write ups on step1, some talk about how they suffered on the in house exams so they could dedicate more time on step.

there are a variety of outside materials that cover board info tho so having access to the knowledge isn’t an issue no matter where you go for medical school in the USA

Also step being p/f probably won’t change how people approach it, the better your initial knowledge base the better for future board exams.

Edit: also hopkins has a pretty high avg step1 score so clearly it works for the students

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone else who also hasn't heard anything, I was complete 9/21 and haven't heard back. From reading other posts, it sounds like those of us who completed then or later might be just coming up for review around now (unless others who completed then heard back a while ago, in which case I'm wrong).

If you select a medical school known for its research, it's not surprising that some of its lecturers would be PhDs who are experts in their field.

Very quiet here, is it done for those without interviews?

@ any of you accepted applicants

go eat Ekiben in Baltimore, it's absolutely amazing

• Care
II today! Honestly really surprised, thought I was out of the running. Earliest date is latish Jan! LM 81, had some processing issues with my JHU app, so I’m not entirely certain when I was considered “complete.”

II today! Honestly really surprised, thought I was out of the running. Earliest date is latish Jan! LM 81, had some processing issues with my JHU app, so I’m not entirely certain when I was considered “complete.”
congrats my G.
I never received the complete email.
Did you receive it ?

congrats my G.
I never received the complete email.
Did you receive it ?
I got some strange email 10/19 that was like “we invite u to take next steps” and then when I completed whatever they needed (it was like a photo or something idk), I got a “We received all materials” email on 10/20. I THOUGHT I was done with the secondary in like august so long story short, idk what I’m doing.

Anyone know if there is any interview spots left?

Does anyone have an idea of when the January decisions will come out?

I'm assuming January 28th or January 31st (Friday/Monday respectively), though I may be forgetting specifics.

I'm assuming January 28th or January 31st (Friday/Monday respectively), though I may be forgetting specifics.
I agree, my guess rn is 1/26 (Wed) or maybe 1/28 (Fri).

2021 was 1/27 (Wed)
2020 was 1/29 (Wed)
2019 was 2/1 (Fri)

Anyone know if there is any interview spots left?
The website reports "Late February: Completion of interviews" so I think there is still some hope for a few more II given that the last II reported on here had dates still in January.

• Care
Do you think if you recently interviewed like in the past two weeks the decision will be part of the end of January round or the April round?

Do you think if you recently interviewed like in the past two weeks the decision will be part of the end of January round or the April round?
Definitely not January. I think the cutoff for december was like a month or more in advance

I think you’re in the April round… the dean of admissions I think said they start the overall review a month before the date they release them (could be mis-remembering though… I think he said this in a podcast too). I interviewed like 6ish weeks before the December release date and I’m part of the January group for reference.

II today!! Totally unexpected, I'm so grateful for this opportunity! Complete 8/18, LM 76.3.

• Care
  • Wow
II today!! Totally unexpected, I'm so grateful for this opportunity! Complete 8/18, LM 76.3.
Congrats!!! Thats big time. When is the nearest Interview date?