2021-2022 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Popping in as crusty old alum (jk not that old, entering class of '15) and just want to say after two years into residency, I have zero regrets about going to Hopkins and think it armed me phenomenally for residency. Everyone on SDN seems to hone in on the preclinical nuts and bolts but the MS3 clerkships and research opportunities are really where they shine and what will set you up well for your career.

I'm a resident at another "top 5" academic hospital/med school but I have to say the med students here are offered far less autonomy and rigour than I've seen at Hopkins, which has given me a newfound appreciation for my alma mater.

And even beyond the training, I still chat with my old classmates daily, have been in their weddings, am still going on vacations with them, etc. The structure of the medical school is such that – if you're looking to engage and put yourself out there – you can easily forge enduring friendships. For me that was priceless. (And the finaid at Hopkins, while variable for some, was grand in my situation and I can happily report I am debt free as a PGY2 resident).

So just another rave post to add to the pile, but felt I'd be remiss not to share!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Is it just me or is the Gmail widget their phone's home screen today?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I turned off "silence unknown callers" for today and spam calls have been getting me so thrown off lmaooo
Pretty sure Hopkins only emails anyway... I dont think they call?

And it's getting pretty late east coast time :( really thought they'd come today, but I guess it's probably Friday.

Reactions: 2 users
Also accepted--is anyone else "not authorized" when you try clicking on the intent statement?

• Love
Just got the R 🥲 I’m fine… everything is fine…

Interviewed end of October + sent an update early Jan

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Same here, got the offer around an hour ago! Intent statement seems to be working

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Placed on an alternate list. Does anyone have any insight into how this list works or moves? Should I give up hope or is this similar to a continuing review where they need to consider the third batch of applicants before they can give me a more definitive answer.

Placed on an alternate list. Does anyone have any insight into how this list works or moves? Should I give up hope or is this similar to a continuing review where they need to consider the third batch of applicants before they can give me a more definitive answer.
I believe it's after batch 3

Members don't see this ad :)
Post-II R 🥲 interview 12/16. That A is out there somewhere.

• Care
Rejected....can't figure out what went wrong so no worries

• Care
PreII R. But I just got an II to UCSF so it’s totally cool.

Last edited:
PreII R. But I got an II to UCSF so it’s totally cool.
What you lose in not being able to access Maryland seafood, you will gain in having access to Fishermans' Wharf/Pier 39

also, when were you complete

What you lose in not being able to access Maryland seafood, you will gain in having access to Fishermans' Wharf/Pier 39

also, when were you complete
True. Though I went to college on the east coast (NYC) and I hated the weather. I’ve gotten a lot of love from California this cycle so I’m looking forward to hopefully enjoying that sunshine and/or warmth.

I was complete 11/1. My secondary was garbage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
they done sending IIs at this jawn?

I see people getting Rs so does that mean there's still a chance for an invite? :unsure:🧐

II today afternoon! Interview Dates available next week and the week after (2/25 looked like the last one)!

• Love
This is my dream school. Any chance to get an II at this point?

• Hmm
  • Care
Yea, do you know how many pre-II R waves have there been so far?
I think 3.
looks like the R waves come at the same time as II waves, and right before A waves.

• Wow
post-interview R e-mail... pre-II

but they corrected it :^)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else get an R that thanked them for interviewing, even though they never got an II?

• Care
Does anyone know if this R wave will be accompanied by a last round of II's?

Does anyone know if this R wave will be accompanied by a last round of II's?
lol fr! I need to know!!

Someone a few posts up said 2/25 is the last day so hopefully they are still sending some invites out for that

When do we start to apply for Financial Aid? Does anyone know what the process is like/how generous Hopkins can be? WashU gave a half tuition merit scholarship, and I'm wondering if I can leverage it with Hopkins.

When do we start to apply for Financial Aid? Does anyone know what the process is like/how generous Hopkins can be? WashU gave a half tuition merit scholarship, and I'm wondering if I can leverage it with Hopkins.
Hopkins only does need-based aid. You can go ahead and do the CSS profile and FAFSA

You sure? That doesn't sound right
From what it seems, on past threads multiple people have stated that they don’t match aid. As advertised in financial aid packet, the award process is based on COA-EFC-Unit Loan. But feel free to correct if you have other info! This is just what I have heard