2021-2022 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any current MCW students answer questions about the assessments at MCW? I’ve heard that y’all do written exams??? Most medical schools from my understanding are straight up multiple choice to help prepare for step exams. So I was a little taken a back to hear written test are being used...can you talk to wether these are harder than multiple choice? Do you believe this puts you at a disadvantage for step? And maybe just your overall thoughts about the impact this has on your studying and preparation ?

Thanks in advance !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Can any current MCW students answer questions about the assessments at MCW? I’ve heard that y’all do written exams??? Most medical schools from my understanding are straight up multiple choice to help prepare for step exams. So I was a little taken a back to hear written test are being used...can you talk to wether these are harder than multiple choice? Do you believe this puts you at a disadvantage for step? And maybe just your overall thoughts about the impact this has on your studying and preparation ?

Thanks in advance !
Hi! I am a current M1 at MCW. We do not have written exams. All exams are multiple choice!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed early February heard back yet?

odd question, but does anyone know if MCW (MKE) has a student formal/med school prom?

Pre II R just now. OOS.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Like literally just now, at 2:30 am CT? Wow lol
I'd believe that, my II came at 3am CDT and the A came at 9pm on a Thursday night. MCW-MKE's admissions office is working odd hours for a variety of reasons (this was brought up in my interview), so just an FYI don't expect them to stick to the typical 9-5 schedule for any communication

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard people are on a "waitlist" for the last day or two of interviews which are in March. So if someone decides to decline their interview, it would go to the people on that list. So I guess if we haven't heard back at all, we are probably rejected. It really sucks. I was a reapplicant to this school and was really hoping for an II.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 2/18 and I def think they made it sound like this was the last interview

• Sad
I had a friend recently get an interview, and from what they said I believe their II season is done. Im really sorry my dude
No worries, wasn’t expecting much at this point in the cycle but I had to send in an extra certification plus documentation 5+ Months ago due to IA so I was wondering why I hadn’t heard back either way yet

No worries, wasn’t expecting much at this point in the cycle but I had to send in an extra certification plus documentation 5+ Months ago due to IA so I was wondering why I hadn’t heard back either way yet

I also had to send the IA thing in and have silence from MCW

For those who got accepted, did you hear back the thursday/friday before the day they mentioned in the interview day or on the day?

Deciding how stressed I should be tomorrow :rofl:

For those who got accepted, did you hear back the thursday/friday before the day they mentioned in the interview day or on the day?

Tangentially related, I got waitlisted the Friday before the day they mentioned

I haven’t heard back since I submitted a secondary, and I’m truly so sad. I would have loved to attend MCW. Good luck to everyone interviewing!!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Has anyone been moved off WL at MKE ? I wonder what the movement will look like this year

For me, they had said they would get back to us Dec 17, and I got my acceptance Dec 16 like at 11pm EST lol

Maybe MCW will have a surprise interview date for all of us who haven't been rejected yet

• Haha
  • Care
I just got my first A 😭😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
A today omg!!! I interviewed on 2/11

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Congrats to all of you with the A's today :)

did they call you for your A's or, just emails?

Received an A via email today as well 🥲 Interviewed 2/4. First A of the cycle, literally crying

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
I got accepted today at 5:23 pm est! I have 3.73 gpa and 504 MCAT

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
A from MKE this morning at 3:00AM CST! First A of this cycle and super excited!!!! Interviewed on 2/4

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Got an A!! Very excited! But hoping that everyone on here who’s passionate gets one because we need all hands on deck in medicine! Interviewed 2/4. GPA: 3.45, MCAT: 511

• Love
Does anyone know who runs the Facebook group, I requested to join a couple days ago but no one added me :(

Y’all, request to join the group again. Sometimes Facebook loses invites.

has anyone heard a post interview decision from the MSTP other than their MD decision?

I interviewed Jan 7, received the MD acceptance Jan 28, and have heard nothing since then.

Last edited:
has anyone heard a post interview decision from the MSTP other than their MD decision?

I interviewed Jan 7, received the MD acceptance Jan 28, and have heard nothing since then.

I haven’t gotten any email but the pre matriculation tab said that I don’t need to do a credit report because I’m matriculating into the MSTP program. So I’m confused. Does this show up for you?

I haven’t gotten any email but the pre matriculation tab said that I don’t need to do a credit report because I’m matriculating into the MSTP program. So I’m confused. Does this show up for you?
It's showing the same for me as well... I originally applied for MSTP but the II states clearly that the interview was for MD-only, so now I'm super confused