2022-2023 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the A call today at 3pm! IS reapplicant, interviewed 1/26!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Are these merit-based or need-based scholarships?
Personally mine is a merit scholarship, not need-based financial aid. But their website seems to say that they have both.

Members don't see this ad :)
also wondering this
Well looking back a few pages on this thread... it appears someone has been accepted every day except a Wednesday (like including the weekend lol). Great I can keep my heart rate up all day every day LOL

Reactions: 1 users
Crickets here. I interviewed 1/26 and am just patiently waiting (LOL I kid about the patiently...)
Same here, 1/26 Interview with no news so far. Although I am interested in the previous thread message that said people have been accepted on weekends too.

On average, how long until people are hearing back? I interviewed mike February and was just wondering how long it might take to hear back.

On average, how long until people are hearing back? I interviewed mike February and was just wondering how long it might take to hear back.
I was waitlisted here after 6 weeks. A common trend is people being accepted exactly 4 weeks or earlier from interview date. Anything later than 4 weeks is likely to lead to a waitlist or rejection. Being waitlisted here was such a sad day for me. I hope there is waitlist movement but last year there wasn’t. It seems to vary every cycle. Best of luck to you.

WL just now. Interviewed week of 1/30. Don't even want to deal with another WL at this point, but GL to everyone else!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Current M2 here at UW. I don't have really any information about the admissions process. But for those of you with A's feel free to DM me with any questions you have about the school, more than happy to help. I'll also try to watch this forum and answer any questions that pop up on here.

I got the A on 3/10, but have not yet received either the email regarding Admitted Students Day or the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I got the A on 3/10, but have not yet received either the email regarding Admitted Students Day or the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS. Is anyone else in the same boat?
One of the admins said there was an issue where they thought the RSVP email for admitted students day was sent to the recent group of As but it never sent. They're fixing/sending it ASAP

Congrats! When did you interview?

Hey everyone! I did call admissions last week. They told me the last committee meeting was between March 28-31st so there should be a lot of answers by end of month/early April.

Also got the A call 8 weeks after interviewing on 1/26, WI resident!!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how deep the OOS WL goes? I know last year there was no movement but does it just change every year?

Has anyone who was accepted heard from financial aid or the school about activating your NetID and things of that nature? Other schools have sent portal access and things like that already to accepted students so I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Has anyone who was accepted heard from financial aid or the school about activating your NetID and things of that nature? Other schools have sent portal access and things like that already to accepted students so I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

I called a few weeks ago and Chris from admissions said information regarding onboarding for matriculation will be sent out sometime in May when the admission office have a better idea who is going to commit to the school.

I have an A and I went to undergrad at UW so I have my NetID already. My financial aid offer for next year is posted through MyUW. I would call the bursars office, they may have your aid package ready but you just can’t access it yet.

Thank you for assuaging my fears. I have not recieved my financial aid package yet either.

Thank you for assuaging my fears. I have not recieved my financial aid package yet either.

I sent a message yesterday evening to clarify that those of us who are not "in house" applicants haven't received NetID access so hopefully that happens soon. April 15th and April 30th are fast approaching and it would be helpful to see some of those numbers haha!

I had also sent an e-mail to the financial aid person listed on the website but there is an auto-reply with links to set up an appointment. Looks like they are doing tons of exit counseling for current students so it says the response time can be up to 4 days.

I have an A and I went to undergrad at UW so I have my NetID already. My financial aid offer for next year is posted through MyUW. I would call the bursars office, they may have your aid package ready but you just can’t access it yet.
Yes I am a past UW grad and I see mine as well. It won't let me accept it at this point though.

I sent a message yesterday evening to clarify that those of us who are not "in house" applicants haven't received NetID access so hopefully that happens soon. April 15th and April 30th are fast approaching and it would be helpful to see some of those numbers haha!

I had also sent an e-mail to the financial aid person listed on the website but there is an auto-reply with links to set up an appointment. Looks like they are doing tons of exit counseling for current students so it says the response time can be up to 4 days.
what is the april 15 deadline? am i missing something lol

Did anyone get the WL email with what number waitlist position they’re on? So theoretically, if I’m on position 50, and people before 50 withdraw from the WL, I become higher up right? Just making sure I understand this correctly.

Last edited:
Did anyone get the WL email with what number waitlist position they’re on? So theoretically, if I’m on position 50, and people before 50 withdraw from the WL, I become higher up right? Just making sure I understand this correctly.
yes. is it bad to share them here lol

yes i think so... but there are also multiple people at each position... so it might be way more than 50 people who need to drop before #50 becomes #1?

• Hmm