2022-2023 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What dogtor said
wait so you guys were rejected but are now back in the consideration pile LOL? or maybe there was a miscommunication and they sent rejections to the wrong people...either way that's honestly amazing yay <3

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
wait so you guys were rejected but are now back in the consideration pile LOL? or maybe there was a miscommunication and they sent rejections to the wrong people...either way that's honestly amazing yay <3
Yes, they said me and other applicants received rejections through a technical error and we’re still under consideration.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do people typically wear to the "recommended" sessions? How many people attend, and are we expected to participate or just watch?

What do people typically wear to the "recommended" sessions? How many people attend, and are we expected to participate or just watch?
I saw most wearing business casual in my recommended sessions. I didn't participate much at all during mine

Anyone who interviewed, do you mind elaborating on what the faculty and the small group interviews are like?

Hi, if anyone here has been matched to interview with a faculty member who identifies as part of the LGBTQ+ community, could you speak to what that was like--were you asked to elaborate on your experiences, talk about LGBTQ+ issues, etc? Was your interviewer even aware that you identified as LGBTQ+?

Hi, if anyone here has been matched to interview with a faculty member who identifies as part of the LGBTQ+ community, could you speak to what that was like--were you asked to elaborate on your experiences, talk about LGBTQ+ issues, etc? Was your interviewer even aware that you identified as LGBTQ+?

I self-identified on my application and said yes. Prior to interviewing I recieved an email informing me that unfortunately they did not have any LGBTQ+ family members to interview me. At the very end of my interview, my interviewer stated he was aware I asked for this but was super super supportive and and offered to link me up with some other LGBTQ providers doing the lords work in Wisconsin.

I thought their efforts were super sweet!

I dressed very business casual for the optional info sessions. I dressed very casual for the med student led discussion. Most med students were very casual, applicants more biz casual for that one!

Good luck.

I self-identified on my application and said yes. Prior to interviewing I recieved an email informing me that unfortunately they did not have any LGBTQ+ family members to interview me. At the very end of my interview, my interviewer stated he was aware I asked for this but was super super supportive and and offered to link me up with some other LGBTQ providers doing the lords work in Wisconsin.

I thought their efforts were super sweet!

I dressed very business casual for the optional info sessions. I dressed very casual for the med student led discussion. Most med students were very casual, applicants more biz casual for that one!

Good luck.
Gotcha, I got an email saying I've been matched. That sounds great, I'm glad they were supportive!

Thank you for answering my questions :)

Acceptance call 2:34 CST :) interviewed 12/1 IS applicant - GO BADGERZ!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an A call!! Interviewed 11/18, non-trad reapplicant who was waitlisted last year. Thank you Bucky!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the A call! OOS applicant. Super excited. Interviewed 12/1

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
II a few hours ago! IS, initially was on the pre-II waitlist :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
In December, I got an email informing me that they would not be offering me an interview, but they just emailed last week for an II. Weird.

I interviewed the week of Nov 1st and haven’t heard back yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

OOS II complete Aug 28. BCPM 3.96, ogpa 3.90, MCAT 519, current PhD student

Hello everyone got an interview invite scheduled for 2/17! so nervous about the group portion of the interview and the faculty.. Can anyone explain the format of the group and faculty interview? Is it traditional, MMI, how did u prepare for the group portion?

It's now been 8 weeks since my interview with no decision, has anyone reached out to them regarding this yet?

It's now been 8 weeks since my interview with no decision, has anyone reached out to them regarding this yet?
Man that must be so hard. I would definitely reach out, since it's been >8 weeks. They did tweet that more decisions would be released 'soon' an hour ago. I know I got my WARM acceptance around 1530 hours on a Friday via e-mail.

Crossing my fingers for you while you wait.

Does anyone know if UW releases match lists? I searched online and can’t find anything

Reactions: 2 users
Post interview R for WARM. This one hurts

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
How soon before your interviews did you receive the links and faculty interview times? Mine is in 1 week and I haven't received anything.

For those who did other schooling at Madison, when is the best time to start looking at apartments? I've heard end of January and February things will start popping up?

For those who did other schooling at Madison, when is the best time to start looking at apartments? I've heard end of January and February things will start popping up?
Yeah I think we even signed some leases in December. Depends on the type of housing you are looking for! PM if you want. I did 5 years as an engineering undergrad at Madison.

How soon before your interviews did you receive the links and faculty interview times? Mine is in 1 week and I haven't received anything.
i got my info 6 days before

Does anyone who interviewed here already have any insight into what the group interview is like? Is it like working together to solve a problem or just answering standard interview questions? Thank you :D

Reactions: 1 users
OOS WL earlier this week, interviewed approx 8 weeks ago

Hello everyone got an interview invite scheduled for 2/17! so nervous about the group portion of the interview and the faculty.. Can anyone explain the format of the group and faculty interview? Is it traditional, MMI, how did u prepare for the group portion?

Can’t discuss questions about the interview due to signing a participation agreement that we can’t discuss questions from the interview with people.

Does anyone who interviewed here already have any insight into what the group interview is like? Is it like working together to solve a problem or just answering standard interview questions? Thank you :D
We were led by two current students and they just asked us standard scenario-based questions

Reactions: 4 users
How fast is the turn around with a rejection, WL, acceptance after the 3 day interview process?

How fast is the turn around with a rejection, WL, acceptance after the 3 day interview process?

From the interview to decision, it took 4 weeks for me. They said the decision could be 4-8 weeks or longer depending on when your interviewer turns in their interview evaluation. Based on posts on this thread, I believe some are still waiting more than 8 weeks but they could have received a decision and chose not to post the result.

Did anybody else get an email from your faculty interviewer post-interview? (offering support if you have more questions bout the school)

And should I send thank you remarks in a reply to the email from the faculty interviewer personally or to Wisconsin email provided to us in the portal?

Last edited: