2022-2023 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted about a week ago :( it was my top choice! any advice on what I should do? does anyone know about waitlist movement?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Did anybody else get an email from your faculty interviewer post-interview? (offering support if you have more questions bout the school)

And should I send thank you remarks in a reply to the email from the faculty interviewer personally or to Wisconsin email provided to us in the portal?

I believe they wanted all thank you letters sent to the admissions staff and then they were going to distribute them from there

Members don't see this ad :)
pre-II R :/ my email hinted it was because i’m OOS but in my secondary I wrote a whole essay about how 5 family members have gone to UW for undergrad 😭 nepotism did not work in my favor

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed in mid-December heard back? It's been 7 weeks and still waiting, OOS

When were you guys complete? I'm also OOS so I'm just waiting for my turn on the chopping block but I submitted pretty late which is why I'm assuming I haven't already been axed
I was completed 9/1

Also just how receptive is Wisconsin of OOS applicants? I saw on a reddit thread that the post-interview acceptance rate for OOS was about 60% (don't know how accurate this is) but then the number of matriculated out of state students at Wisconsin is much less. Anyone have insight into this?

The admissions committee mentioned about accepting 70-80% IS. Based on last year admission stats:

582 interviews were given
313 OSS ~ 54%
269 IS ~ 46%

176 matriculated
52 OSS ~ 30%
123 IS ~ 70%

On their website they accept 10 MD/PHD (IS and OSS are included in these acceptance)
They accept ~ 26 to their WARM program which mostly consistent of IS but they mention taking 2~4 students OSS (surround areas of WI such as MN, IL, MI, IN).

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A call a few minutes ago, beyond hype for this one! Interviewed 1/19 OOS w/ strong ties

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
They release in batches so if you weren't able to get through committee in time for the release, you'll get added to the pile for next time!

Post-interview R. I'm OOS with weak ties so not surprised, but it's my first time hearing back from any interview so this really stings.

Accepted this morning!!! IS! Interviewed 1/12

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS here, but interviewed the week before Thanksgiving and have not heard anything. By chance, is anyone in the same boat?

IS reapplication A, interviewed 1/12, thankful

Reactions: 4 users
Scholarship offer today after my acceptance yesterday!!! Very grateful and hoping for the best for everyone still waiting to hear

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Do they post their match list? I can’t seem to find it anywhere

From previous post from threads, they do not make their match list public and shared with students through their oasis portal or something like that. I could be wrong though.

I asked this during the interview. They do not post a match list for student privacy (the reason they gave on the admissions intro call). They basically gave lip service that their students all match very well...

Hey guys! Did the adcom send the links to the panels and discussions the day before the interview for you guys? I realized I haven't received this links yet

Hey guys! Did the adcom send the links to the panels and discussions the day before the interview for you guys? I realized I haven't received this links yet

I believe the links should be in your portal with the dates. If I recall I got the info/updated portal the week of my interview.

How does UW notify people of A/WL/R? Email? Phone?
During my interview day they said they would try to call if you got accepted. They wouldn't call to waitlist/reject you so I'm assuming email/portal update for those

for current medical students at UW, where do most students live? Trying to decide if I would want to move closer to campus or stay outside of campus and commute…

Did you guys email your thank you letter to your interviewer personally and to the admissions email, or just to the admissions email? Also UW doesn't take updates or letters of interest right? Also did you email your thank you letter or upload it to the portal?

Did you guys email your thank you letter to your interviewer personally and to the admissions email, or just to the admissions email? Also UW doesn't take updates or letters of interest right? Also did you email your thank you letter or upload it to the portal?
I emailed it to the medadmissions email. Never got a confirmation it was forwarded but I hope it was! I couldn't find my interviewer's email...

Does anyone have insight to the weight of the faculty interview versus the weight of the medical student interview?

for current medical students at UW, where do most students live? Trying to decide if I would want to move closer to campus or stay outside of campus and commute…
It's a good mix of both. Some live in the complexes right around the school/hospital, some live downtown and take the bus in, and some live farther out and drive in. Affordable housing can be hard to find, especially close to the school, so a lot may come down to what's available. I live within walking distance and really enjoy it, but the farther out you go, the cheaper your rent will be. On the downside, roads aren't always plowed well in winter, so some of my friends who drive in have had issues. It mostly comes down to your own priorities, but I will say most students choose to live somewhere on the West side because it's easier to get to HSLC and is away from the undergrad campus

It's a good mix of both. Some live in the complexes right around the school/hospital, some live downtown and take the bus in, and some live farther out and drive in. Affordable housing can be hard to find, especially close to the school, so a lot may come down to what's available. I live within walking distance and really enjoy it, but the farther out you go, the cheaper your rent will be. On the downside, roads aren't always plowed well in winter, so some of my friends who drive in have had issues. It mostly comes down to your own priorities, but I will say most students choose to live somewhere on the West side because it's easier to get to HSLC and is away from the undergrad campus
What does parking look like for those who do have to drive in?

Reactions: 2 users
Is there an accepted students group chat?
how long did you wait to hear back and how did they contact you? some people here have waited beyond 8 weeks, and some got the A in 2 weeks so i was confused. congrats btw!

What does parking look like for those who do have to drive in?
Expensive lol
Several parking garages/lots right next to HSLC so availability isn't an issue, but parking passes aren't cheap. And there's no parking at the anatomy lab, so you'll have to bus/walk there. You'll get a free bus pass when classes start though

Post-interview R. I'm OOS with weak ties so not surprised, but it's my first time hearing back from any interview so this really stings.
Sorry to hear that. I’m also OOS and UW is one of my top choices. Just curious, how did you feel your interview went? I want to know if I have a fighting chance as an OOS :/

Sorry to hear that. I’m also OOS and UW is one of my top choices. Just curious, how did you feel your interview went? I want to know if I have a fighting chance as an OOS :/
I'm not great at evaluating my own interviews--out of the three that I've had, I would've said I performed best at this one, but I got A's from the other two and the R from UW lol. When did you interview?

I'm not great at evaluating my own interviews--out of the three that I've had, I would've said I performed best at this one, but I got A's from the other two and the R from UW lol. When did you interview?
Thanks for your response and congrats on your A’s!! It makes me nervous since I don’t think interviews are weighted too heavily (at least based off what I heard during the interview experience) so even if I had a good interview I’m not sure how much it would factor into their decision. I interviewed near the beginning of this month. Praying for some good news🙏🏼

Thanks for your response and congrats on your A’s!! It makes me nervous since I don’t think interviews are weighted too heavily (at least based off what I heard during the interview experience) so even if I had a good interview I’m not sure how much it would factor into their decision. I interviewed near the beginning of this month. Praying for some good news🙏🏼
Thank you :) I didn't know that the interviews weren't weighted heavily, which honestly makes me feel better about the R.

Wishing you the best of luck!!! And congratulations, because getting an II from here as OOS is a huge accomplishment!

any idea is uw offers good financial aid/scholarships and when accepted students could here back by?

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you :) I didn't know that the interviews weren't weighted heavily, which honestly makes me feel better about the R.

Wishing you the best of luck!!! And congratulations, because getting an II from here as OOS is a huge accomplishment!
Yep! They said it's just one part of app and it's like another letter of rec (the evaluation from your interviewer). I would imagine it holds a little more weight than your average letter of rec since it's coming from UW-Madison Faculty... But the process of receiving a decision seems a little nervewracking from the way they explained it. TYSM!!!