2021-2022 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite! complete July 14. International

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
II just received! OOS without ties, secondary complete 07/01.

For those wondering, interviews run on Fridays from 8:30am to 4pm CST. These interviews seem to run weekly starting 09/03, and you get to select an interview date based on availability!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

For those wondering, interviews run on Fridays from 8:30am to 4pm CST. These interviews seem to run weekly starting 09/03, and you get to select an interview date based on availability!
Congrats!!! and thanks for the info!

I've been refreshing my email constantly after seeing people's IIs lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Are interviews in person or virtual?

I've been refreshing my email constantly after seeing people's IIs lol
Right?! I'm anxiously alternating between my email and this thread. It's like standing in front of a train and waiting for the impact (aka rejection)

hoping that I am not getting interviews yet because my CL only was sent 07/16. "Complete" later than I'd have liked. This is gonna be a long season.

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 7/1 and nothing so far. Hopefully they have just not gotten to me yet and that this is not a harbinger of things to come. As a reapplicant who only got one interview last year, I am a little extra neurotic about not getting early interviews after submitting early.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
GIF by Sky

me reading this thread like

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know if this school sends out all of their IIs in batches, or is it more random? Just wondering if by not getting one today if I have missed the boat for the first round of interviews.

Does anyone know if this school sends out all of their IIs in batches, or is it more random? Just wondering if by not getting one today if I have missed the boat for the first round of interviews.
Jumping on this, do they also send out rejections in batches as well or just keeps everyone steady and just sends out invites?

Reactions: 2 users
It seems that the date complete doesn't have that much to do with it, good luck to everyone though!

Reactions: 1 user
It seems that the date complete doesn't have that much to do with it, good luck to everyone though!
Schools have a myriad of ways to stratify applicants beyond completion date. For example, I know some schools will place importance toward spanish-speakers, URM, and exceptional metrics as first in line to be reviewed. So like others have said, we just have to hang tight and enjoy the ride!

OOS, non-trad, just got secondary (applied kinda late). Dang my 1 and 4 essays are kinda similar :/

Does anyone know what are the odds of getting accepted after getting the interview? Asking for a friend lmfaooo

• Haha
Does anyone know what are the odds of getting accepted after getting the interview? Asking for a friend lmfaooo
iirc MCOW admits something like 80% of people it interviews. That # may be lower depending on the campus though

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
iirc MCOW admits something like 80% of people it interviews. That # may be lower depending on the campus though
It seems that they do bunch of interview invites throughout the cycle though and then accept after each interview. I think? So it seems like you will have a good shot at interview since they do it all throughout

How are you guys preparing for the interviews, those that for II?

I was verified the second day but still no secondaries...

Got the complete email a week ago. Hoping for II. I'm a reapplicant

• Love
I was complete in mid-July, but just got accepted for a volunteer EMT position. During reapplicant feedback this spring they said to definitely submit an update regarding new relevant experiences; when would it be appropriate to send that in? I don't want to submit too insubstantial of an update but I don't want to wait too long either, since clinical experience is one of the weaker parts of my application. I was thinking maybe sometime in September once I have worked a few shifts?

I was complete in mid-July, but just got accepted for a volunteer EMT position. During reapplicant feedback this spring they said to definitely submit an update regarding new relevant experiences; when would it be appropriate to send that in? I don't want to submit too insubstantial of an update but I don't want to wait too long either, since clinical experience is one of the weaker parts of my application. I was thinking maybe sometime in September once I have worked a few shifts?
That sounds good! I know that they seem to re evaluate applicants for II so by September ish you should have accumulated some hours and actually experienced enough of it to talk about it. Sending too early might not be worth it because on paper, you probably won’t have enough experience to talk about it meaningfully

Reactions: 1 users
That sounds good! I know that they seem to re evaluate applicants for II so by September ish you should have accumulated some hours and actually experienced enough of it to talk about it. Sending too early might not be worth it because on paper, you probably won’t have enough experience to talk about it meaningfully
Exactly what I'm thinking. Thank you!

Yikes, I am in the same situation where I just started a new volunteer position and I submitted an update yesterday instead of waiting.

Hey all, rising M1 at MCW and just wanted to drop by to give any feedback/advice I can as I can empathize with the position you all are in (orientation starts in a couple of days so please forgive me if I take a little time to respond etc as I will be getting quite busy). FWIW I got into several US MD programs and decided on this school because of how impressed I was by the school and the community here after interviewing. I know lot's of schools say they do a holistic review - and I really cant speak to anything outside of my own experience but I will say that I feel MCW truly means it when they say that. Congrats to all of you with an II already. I didn't get one until January and got the A the following month - they were very transparent throughout the cycle, providing regular updates and at my interview literally told us the weekend/date we would hear back about a decision as opposed to stringing us along for months like some other schools do. It truly is a marathon not a race, and having gone through it last year I can honestly say that the order in which they receive applications is not a strong indicator of anything - I had my app completed and submitted in a day or two after receiving their secondary and didn't get an II until a few days into the new year. Also, I know there is conflicting insight on sdn and elsewhere about submitting updates, but in my experience MCW is very receptive to updates, I definitely submitted one and maybe even two before getting my interview. Best of luck and let me know if there is anything I can do to help, stay positive!

• Care
Reactions: 23 users
Hey, if I want to change my preferred campuses, should I send an email? After thinking on it a bit more, I'm very interested in the accelerated primary care programs offered at MCW and want them to be my primary focus

Late to answer, but II received on 07/28, international, completed 07/17

Submitted my secondary 7/1 and nothing yet, does it seem like they are reviewing in order because then it does not look good for me getting a II.