2021-2022 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 12/3, offered a GAP spot 12/13

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Husband was waitlisted today. Interviewed 12/9

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if people have been pulled off the waitlist yet? and if not what are the chances on movement these next few weeks?

Does anyone know if people have been pulled off the waitlist yet? and if not what are the chances on movement these next few weeks?
I have not heard of anyone getting pulled off. I really hope they start doing something with the WL movement soon though

I have not heard of anyone getting pulled off. I really hope they start doing something with the WL movement soon though
From looking at last cycles thread, seems like they start pulling people off the WL around March, when interviews are mostly done since they go until April

Just got a phone call offering me an interview in two weeks!
3.5 505 OOS

Reactions: 3 users
I was offered a GAP spot and accepted. But does anyone know the difference between OSU's Bridge Program and the GAP? Also does anyone knows of anyone that did the GAP and what they thought of it?

I was offered a GAP spot and accepted. But does anyone know the difference between OSU's Bridge Program and the GAP? Also does anyone knows of anyone that did the GAP and what they thought of it?
Hello fellow GAP classmate! From what I understand, the curriculum is the same for the bridge and GAP programs. The differences seem to be the MCAT score required before starting first year of med school (492 for bridge and 498 for GAP), and how you qualify for acceptance. I tried to go through some old threads on here to see if there was any insight, but didn't find anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently a student in the Graduate Certificate in Medical Sciences program and we are in the classes with the GAP and Bridge students. From what I understand, @MomMed92 is correct about the MCAT requirements and how you qualify for acceptance. The other difference I know of, this year at least, is the cost of attendance. GAP students are required to pay for all of their courses but the Bridge students do not have to pay for the required classes, only anything additional. We are all required to achieve at least a B in all of the graduate classes but GAP requires an MCAT of 498 while Bridge only requires a 492, as mentioned above. As long as the GAP and Bridge students meet the grade and MCAT requirements, they are guaranteed a spot in the next class. The Graduate Certificate program offers a guaranteed interview. Because the programs are relatively new, things are definitely subject to change but those are the major differences we are aware of this year. The program has been great so far! The professors seem to truly care about us and they are all more than happy to meet with us if we are confused. Most of our professors also teach in the medical school, which is extremely useful to allow us to get a feel for their teaching and testing styles before jumping headfirst into medical school. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me! If I don't know the answer, I can ask around!

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone forms/hears of an accepted students group, I would love to be a part of that!

Interviewed 1/20, waitlisted 1/25.

Posting late but I got the acceptance call today! Interviewed last week

Hello,
If you were waitlisted and IS, would you mind sharing your stats? Or talking about why you felt you were waitlisted?

Hello,
If you were waitlisted and IS, would you mind sharing your stats? Or talking about why you felt you were waitlisted?
Hi there, 3.7, 50X.
I interviewed in August and was WL early September. Haven’t heard much else since. I think my interview wasn’t very strong and that’s why I was waitlisted. Also very average stats. Hopefully we hear something soon

Hello,
3.8, 50X
Interviewed 10/29, WL 11/11
Probably due to low clinical hours being nontrad. Interview went well I thought.

Hello,
3.22, 499 (Previously 501)
Interviewed 1/20, WL 1/25

I graduated back in 2017, so I'm a little removed from college. I applied last year and was waitlisted. I'm going through the graduate certificate program with OSUCHS because they wanted me to show that I can perform at this level. I've made all A's so far, but I think they're waiting to see how I finish out this last semester.

Hello,
At my interview in October they said not to worry too much about being waitlisted especially early on in the cycle. They said half of their final class ends up coming from the waitlist. Since they interview from Aug-April and keep interviews small, they have to keep actual spots open for those interviewing in the late spring.

Interviewed 2/3 and just got the acceptance call! Over the moon. IS applicant. 3.9, 501

Accepted! I: 2/3/ OOS applicant
3.7 gpa 500mcat (121 CARS)

Reactions: 5 users
Has there been any movement on the waitlist yet?

Got my interview call yesterday!
Complete 1/28 , 3.6 508 IS

Has anyone on the waitlist sent out an update letter yet?

Have there been any bridge acceptances yet that anyone knows of?

Just got waitlisted. Kind of disappointed. Luckily I am in another school so I will become a doctor just might not be at OSU-COM.

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
What is a GAP spot?
What Bfranx said! They offer you a spot in the medical sciences graduate certificate program which takes 3 semesters, summer, fall, and spring. It's 5 classes total and as long as you get A's and B's in them you're automatically offered a spot at the campus of your choice in the next matriculating med school class. It's usually offered to people who have strong potential, but maybe some academic shortcomings on their application.

I just got the email asking if I want to keep my spot on the waitlist. It says that the admissions committee is looking at the waitlist to make their next round of offers. Hopefully there's some movement soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an email from Lindsey about confirming my waitlist spot because they are reviewing the waitlist applicants currently. Everyone check your emails!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone on the WL not receive an email from Lindsey to confirm WL spot?

I did, and I interviewed in August. Maybe email and ask why you didn’t?

Also — anyone have a clue when they will start pulling off?
Received an email from Mrs. Yoder today to confirm WL standing!

Just my speculation, from consulting previous threads I would expect a couple weeks. It looks like there is some movement beginning in March with more movement happening towards May. TMDSAS schools have their match day this week, so I would not expect any movement until after that.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of clinical rotation sites?

Does anyone know where I can find a list of clinical rotation sites?
Here

Starting on page 44 there’s a list of locations and a more detailed explanation of the MS-I to MS-IV curriculum.