2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How strict are they with despot deadlines?? Will they resend your acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A :love: 2/16 group session. Screaming crying throwing up so glad I don't have to move so far from home

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from January and later group sessions received any scholarships?

Reactions: 1 user
It seems like everyone who interviewed this time last year were all placed on WL…makes sense given how late the cycle is

It seems like everyone who interviewed this time last year were all placed on WL…makes sense given how late the cycle is
Agreed but they are still sending out IIs and quite a few people above have withdrawn A's so I do think they have seats open as well plus some people just got A's without a waitlist

edit - also to answer your q, about 16-20 a session!

Last edited:
I know people have previously asked about it too, but I am curious about this Kira assessment thing. By curious I mean what the hell even is it

I know people have previously asked about it too, but I am curious about this Kira assessment thing. By curious I mean what the hell even is it
It's an asynchronous video/text interview.

You get asked questions both by video and text and respond to those questions. So video questions you give a video response and text questions you give a text response. Standard med school interview questions

Has the turn around for interview decisions been 2 weeks?? I did my group interview on 02/23 and have an acceptance at another school with a $2,500 non refundable deposit due 03/13. 😭 these deposits are crazy when we are still in the process of interviewing and waiting on decisions.

Reactions: 1 users
Has the turn around for interview decisions been 2 weeks?? I did my group interview on 02/23 and have an acceptance at another school with a $2,500 non refundable deposit due 03/13. 😭 these deposits are crazy when we are still in the process of interviewing and waiting on decisions.
I heard back just about 2 weeks after my group interview. The huge nonrefundable deposits some of these DO schools have is nuts. DMU has two diff 750 dollar deposits.

Reactions: 1 users
I heard back 12 days after my group interview

The group interview isn’t graded right? It doesn’t add to our file?

I'm not sure if graded is the right word but at an info session with their director of admissions she confirmed the group interview is an interview still and should be treated as part of the overall admissions process, so I would try to be as engaged and professional as possible.

I'm not sure if graded is the right word but at an info session with their director of admissions she confirmed the group interview is an interview still and should be treated as part of the overall admissions process, so I would try to be as engaged and professional as possible.
I’d do my best to try and stand out in the group interview (act engaged, ask questions, etc). It might help 😉

Do they communicate at all via text, besides an A if you get one?

Do they communicate at all via text, besides an A if you get one?
I've received texts like reminders to pay the deposit, a heads up about the background check, and upcoming Zoom meetings for new students.

Would any current students be willing to have a quick chat with me? I just wanted to ask some questions before I pay that deposit. Currently debating between DMU & Touro NV

Would any current students be willing to have a quick chat with me? I just wanted to ask some questions before I pay that deposit. Currently debating between DMU & Touro NV
Send it👍🏻

When do y'all think the 2/24 group session decisions will go out? These deposit deadlines are killing me but DMU is my top choice :(

When do y'all think the 2/24 group session decisions will go out? These deposit deadlines are killing me but DMU is my top choice :(
Was wondering if anyone from 2/23 or around then heard back! Just wanna see if they’re still on par with the 2 week turn around for the same reason

Random question, but could a current student explain what is going on with the Winter break for 1st year students? It looks like the "semester ends" December 8th, but the break doesn't start until December 23rd?

Random question, but could a current student explain what is going on with the Winter break for 1st year students? It looks like the "semester ends" December 8th, but the break doesn't start until December 23rd?
Not sure. One week is reserved for retests, but Idk why there's a 2 week gap.

Not sure. One week is reserved for retests, but Idk why there's a 2 week gap.
Not sure what that’s about but our last full lecture week was after thanksgiving, we had finals the following week and then retest/break the next.

Can you quote me with the info, I am currently debating between the two as well. TY

Anyone know the post-ii rate and if the class is already full or not?

Ngl If u search past threads it seems like everyone who interviewed around this time (which is late) were offered WL positions
This is true but I don’t think the class is full. That was last year the yr before (I think or 2 yrs ago) they under accepted and were scrambling with interviews last min so it’s not a historic trend. Also I neurotically did some math and for 220 seats with 12-15 people per session and maybe interviews around 4 times a month, you should be ok considering schools offer more As than seats. Hoping for the best for all of us

Reactions: 2 users