2022-2023 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, y'all! Does Loyola have in-house written exams or NBME-style exams? I think it should be NBME-style multiple-choice, but I wanted to double-check.
exams are written in house and most classes have all multiple choice exams. the school claims to do NBME style questions. however, students say that there are def times when you are tested on oddball topics that are professor specific.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
exams are written in house and most classes have all multiple choice exams. the school claims to do NBME style questions. however, students say that there are def times when you are tested on oddball topics that are professor specific.
Hi, so actually, I just talked with the med students, and also the admissions, and it is definitely %100 NBME style multiple-choice questions. Maybe they informed you incorrectly!

Hi, so actually, I just talked with the med students, and also the admissions, and it is definitely %100 NBME style multiple-choice questions. Maybe they informed you incorrectly!
I was actually at the second look and I remember the professors there mentioning that the exams were in-house so maybe that’s why there is a mixup with information!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was actually at the second look and I remember the professors there mentioning that the exams were in-house so maybe that’s why there is a mixup with information!
I agree with this. The director of the 1st and 2nd year curriculum said exams are in-house.

Does anyone know the frequency of in person classes and if there’s like a dress code for classes

I think lectures are pre-recorded and you just watch on your own time. There is daily TBL every day during the first semester of M1 year, but I think it's only for an hour or two. No dress code. Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

my CYMS says i’m on the waitlist here but last i heard i was under continued consideration (and that’s what my portal says as well). i guess i thought continued consideration was not the same as waitlist, but are they the same?

my CYMS says i’m on the waitlist here but last i heard i was under continued consideration (and that’s what my portal says as well). i guess i thought continued consideration was not the same as waitlist, but are they the same?
I see this too. I’m guessing everyone in CC was put into AMCAS as being on the alternate list, even though we haven’t been formally added to one. I would anticipate being added to the waitlist whenever they make one.

Does anyone know if they will notify waitlisted applicants of their position? I saw on the AAMC waitlist procedures document that they waitlist around 200 people with 30-ish being accepted off of it.

Does the CYMS automatically populate with all your A and WL ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the CYMS automatically populate with all your A and WL ?
I believe there may be a delay between when you’re notified and when it is sent to CYMS, but there isn’t anything you have to do, so yes.

Does anyone know what the best practice is if you’re waiting in CC/waitlisted at one school but accepted at another and the other school has a commit to enroll deadline?

Any current students - what percentage is passing and what is the grading structure of classes like how much are tests/quizzes worth?

Does anyone know hold long it takes to receive fin aid package after being accepted off the waitlist? I just got accepted yesterday!!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know hold long it takes to receive fin aid package after being accepted off the waitlist? I just got accepted yesterday!!
Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you interview and were you ever put on a formal waitlist, or were you accepted off continued consideration?

Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you interview and were you ever put on a formal waitlist, or were you accepted off continued consideration?
I interviewed 2/23, received an email for continued consideration on 4/14, and got a call for acceptance yesterday

Just withdrew my A. Good luck guys

anyone hear of any more CC movement/ Has anyone called to confirm whether the class is totally full at this point

anyone hear of any more CC movement/ Has anyone called to confirm whether the class is totally full at this point
I was hoping there’d be more movement :( I’m nervous to call and hear that the class is full and they’re not expecting movement

Got the call that I was off the waitlist on May 11th! Good luck to everyone :)

I got an A this morning off the WL. Interviewed all the way back in September. Potentially there is still space!

Has anyone gotten any emails transitioning from CC to waitlist? It looks like in past discussion feeds people got emailed about this.

Got the call this morning off the waitlist! I sent my interest letter last week and was moved from CC to WL around the same time everyone else was

Edit: interviewed mid-Feb

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed mid September and got called off the waitlist today!!

• Love
yup!!!!!!!! I got a call earlier today - interviewed in mid-September!!!!!! best news ever

Has anyone been able to push the CTE until June 15? I emailed but didn’t get a response yet

Has anyone been able to push the CTE until June 15? I emailed but didn’t get a response yet
Yes, I was able to push the CTE to June 15th! They responded within minutes, but I also emailed them last week. Hope this helps!

for anyone recently accepted, how long did it take for your financial aid package to hit the Locus portal? Did you have to reach out to the financial aid office?

for anyone recently accepted, how long did it take for your financial aid package to hit the Locus portal? Did you have to reach out to the financial aid office?
I’m wondering the same thing. If we submitted FAFSA, we should be eligible for loans, right?